(Suggestion) Chairman accepts bid over your head Options

Deisler26

I must start by saying I quite like the feature, as it does add that little bit more challenge and realism to the game

That being said, I do think it can be fleshed out a bit more.

-------------------------------------------

Example:

I took a 5th tier French side to the Championnat National, all the while running at around a £400k deficit each year.

Once there, I had a bid of £69k for my home-grown RB. The chairman accepted the bid over my head. OK, fine.

-----------------------------------------

Solution:

Much like the 'Protest Transfer' button, we should be able to say the following:

"OK, I accept you want to sell him, but I believe we can get more for him"

"OK, I accept he has to be sold, but can we insert a (5-50%) sell on clause, so that we can profit down the line?"

"OK, I accept he has to be sold, but can we insert a loan-back clause?"

------------------------------------------

I feel it would make things more realistic as not many chairmen would want to lose out on cash (the sell-on part, especially)

I would also like an option that if a chairman does that, you can threaten to leave or at least have a conversation that if it happens again you will leave the club.

Of course, it should have consequences that the club should be more reluctant to take the deal and only accept it if you have bad standing at the club (at the time of the next deal or for longer time) or it can take the deal if they feel the deal outways the benefit of having you as a manager. 

• 1 month later...

It would also make sense to have the ability to promise something in return for cancelling the transfer (promotion to the next league and/or European football are worth a lot more than some transfers, and a board should generally accept this logic where it's true, the promise is vaguely plausible and they're not desperately indebted). Could even result in a formal arrangement with the buying club to complete the transfer at the end of the season which is cancelled if the promise is kept.

• 3 months later...

Archived