Can anyone explain scouting?

In principle I don't mind the new scouting system.  It makes sense (if realism is the priority) that your scouts would make a smaller number of more specific recommendations.  I just think the way it's been implemented is problematic and requires a whole mess of extra clicking that doesn't let you easily examine the information you want while filtering out the rest.

2 hours ago, warlock said:

That's a fantastic guide. Should be required reading for everyone.

Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, jujigatame said:

I have the "World" scouting package and my chief scout is setting the specific scouting assignments, so I figured I'd get some South American players recommended.

That’s not what the scout packages do. They affect the number of players and level of detail in he player search screen. Your chief scout reports on player found through scouting. Moreover, you’ll also get some reports from data analysts if players have good stats. 

So if you let your chief scout set the assignments they will scout within your allowed range based on the focus you set.

• 1 year later...
On 17/01/2018 at 12:32, Neil Brock said:

To be honest we're always open to listening to constructive criticism. If you can pinpoint why you don't like it and what potentially could be done to improve it we'll listen. We're not 'stubborn' so much as unlikely to change something unless we have a better idea or way of doing it. And we do think it's more realistic than the previous implementation so won't be reverting back to how it was in previous versions. 

Yes but after 5,6 months of scouting you should have a lot of players with 100% of knowledge, and scouters  should do what u are asking  for. 

I mean, if I set to look  players  between 15 and 21 with 11 minimum of determination what i I expect from my scout team first of all  is that they will  not scout any player over 21 years old.

Second thing, after 5 months I should have at least 10 players with 100% of knowledge. 

It should work like this and it does not. 

When u scout normally u want 100% of knowledge and it can't take 5,6 months to have only few players with a 40% 50% of knowledge. 

It's impossible to play this way. It make no sense. 

Also if u are a little team affiliated to a bigger one, why do i have to send my scouters to look at their young  players? 

I started on August in vanarama league, tried to scout Swansea young (Affiliated) and in January my scouters finished their job. 

10 players only. It's too much time spent for this. 

Archived