Still trying to decide...

Hey managers,

Firstly, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!.

For the last nine years I preordered FM without hesitation. This year, however, I didn't have the funds to do the same. So here I am with Steam offering 25% off and credit card in hand. But I'm looking at all the negative reviews and feedback, and I'm left wondering...are these people being overly critical about the game and/or performance, or do they have a legitimate grudge? And this is frustrating me because I do not like my mind being made up by others. Anyway, let me ask the question: given the amount of hours I'll probably get out of this game, do you guys feel that at this stage it's worth a buy?

All the best for the new year!

Grant.

5 minutes ago, Cowboy71 said:

But I'm looking at all the negative reviews and feedback, and I'm left wondering...are these people being overly critical about the game and/or performance, or do they have a legitimate grudge? And this is frustrating me because I do not like my mind being made up by others.

Don't let your mind be made up by others. If you're reading the Steam reviews, take them with a pinch of salt. To be honest, very few of them are more than "BEST/WORST GAME EVER" reviews.

My advice? Play the demo if you're not sure.

Hey CFuller,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Regarding Steam reviews, this is why I posted here. What worries me are the strongly worded posts follwing an update: "This f'ing game crahes now, this piece of **** game"and so on.

Grant.

6 minutes ago, Cowboy71 said:

Hey CFuller,

Regarding Steam reviews, this is why I posted here. What worries me are the strongly worded posts follwing an update: "This f'ing game crahes now, this piece of **** game"and so on.

Grant.

I still havent experienced a SINGLE crash in Football Manager 2018.

No computer program will work perfectly on every computer, Grant.

Some users may have problems with FM if they have an unstable PC; others may not. I completed the six-month demo, and only had ONE crash dump in that time. I've not had many crashes on FM17 either.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Cowboy71:

Hey CFuller,

Grant.

There are such many different computer/systems/setups and some could cause a crash. Those who are just playing the game without any issues do usually not post a review that the game just run fine on their machine.

Hello Kubi,

You and CFuller are so right to mention the wide variety of PC hardware and configurations! And I should know this better than most; I built my own PC and took a long time selecting from literally hundreds of different parts before finally ordering them.

Ah, I'm buying it.

Grant.

Archived