FM09 - Official Sunderland Thread - More Irish Money

AcidBurn

Acidburn

New tactics 98pts and 100pts should be available before Game if you wish to test.

Can folks let me know there tatics as im still struggling quite a bit, and i have a half decent tem.

Gordon (unsettled)

Behrami

Taiwo

Barzagli

Cahill

Malbranque

Di Maria

Banega

Palacious

Gomis

Jones (unsettled)

Im hoping results improve once i have got through a transfer window or 2 without bringin in 5 or more players.

Plus the kids i have bought look great.

Spence, Bostock, Fleck Paris Cowan hall.

Also 4/5 Scotish 16 year olds.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=57982&page=2

In that thread I used the attacking 4-4-2 in post number 117. When I switched to that tactic it took me from 12th to finish 7th seems to score alot. There are some other tactics in the thread that I havent tried yet. Just dont blame me if it doesnt work lol there is not a tactic that can work for every team. I like your side but you should sell Malbranque for £10 million you could get someone much better like D'Alessandro or many other right wingers.

I have tried mate, also with Richardson, but my first season was so bad that i dont think it did some values great things, however i have got silly money for others, Nos and Mcshane. Ill give ya tatic a go, hopefully will bring me some luck :) cheers

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=57982&page=2

In that thread I used the attacking 4-4-2 in post number 117. When I switched to that tactic it took me from 12th to finish 7th seems to score alot. There are some other tactics in the thread that I havent tried yet. Just dont blame me if it doesnt work lol there is not a tactic that can work for every team. I like your side but you should sell Malbranque for £10 million you could get someone much better like D'Alessandro or many other right wingers.

Just came to the end of January and i'm 15th but hopefully will be rising as I have made some decent signings.

I'll right down my transfers as my imageshack images are to small.

Transfers:

In - (July-August)Gravesen(Free), Leonardo(£1.2M), Vlaar(£3.5M), Masilela(£250K). (January)De la Red(£3.4M), A-P Gignac(£8.5M), Carlos Eduardo(£9M), Bikey(£5.25M)

Board raised my budget to £10M. Gignac seems to be the goalscorer I needed, Eduardo Scored on his debut and done flips like Obafemi Martins, he also got injured for 3 weeks. Bikey was a rush buy after Nosworthy was sold for £6M, De la Red seems to be a great holding Mid.

Out - To many so main ones Richardson (£10M), Nsworthy(£6M). Bardsley(£1.7M), Chopra(£2.2M), Miller(£1.6M), Murphy(£2.7M).

I'll try and get a screenshot.

Wow, its great to see so many people playing as Sunderland, it was just me and Acidburn on the 08 thread!

I always play as sunderland i just could never find the thread last year was always swamped with should i buy [xxxx], should i sell [xxxx] rate my team threads

EDIT - forgot to mention before i left for work i offered the original ronaldo a contract

just got the game yesterday and have played right through to just after xmas 9th in the league

Sold the likes of leadbitter, stokes , chopra, murphy and mccartney got 17 million for them all

bought Dean ashton for 10million and he has linked up well with Cisse - 11 goals out of cisse so far and 5 for ashton

signed edgar davids on a free and freddy ljunberg for £20,000 and they are doing a decent job in midfield

singed a left winger from spain called galvian (think thats how it is spelt) and he is doing a decent job

got Song on loan for arsenal but has been sent off twice already

got 9 mil to spend in january and was looking at strenthening the defence but Danny Collins is in the form of his life - player of the month for november and average rating is 8.04, i want tymoschuck from zenit to captain the side but they wont sell for less than 24 mil

You paid £5 million to loan Evans? Thats not worth the money in my opinion you should have signed Gioda for £1 million and he has better stats or Rusol for £5 million. The only good side is if you praise him you might be able to sign him on a permanent deal. Good luck dude.

You paid £5 million to loan Evans? Thats not worth the money in my opinion you should have signed Gioda for £1 million and he has better stats or Rusol for £5 million. The only good side is if you praise him you might be able to sign him on a permanent deal. Good luck dude.

no no didnt go for that

I've not managed to sell him for that reason, he was going to Wigan for £6m and then they decided they are pursuing other targets.

He then wouldn't even sell for £3.5m so will have to wait until January

I'm playing fantastic atm, 5th in the league, middle of December, although I would be very pleased if I got 7th position, no chance I will keep 5th all season.

Defour, I got him for £10m over 24 months after praising his potential.

Now club captain and fantastic. I have 4 games to go second season and am sat in 6th place, Chelsea just overtook me after a shocking defeat to West Brom at home. 5pts clear of 7th so should qualify for UEFA cup automatically.

Btw the way Kenwyne has scored 18 goals in 16 appearances this season, been fantastic.

Defour, I got him for £10m over 24 months after praising his potential.

Now club captain and fantastic. I have 4 games to go second season and am sat in 6th place, Chelsea just overtook me after a shocking defeat to West Brom at home. 5pts clear of 7th so should qualify for UEFA cup automatically.

Btw the way Kenwyne has scored 18 goals in 16 appearances this season, been fantastic.

what tactics are using? kenwyne is so inconsistent he'll score one and assist one and have a lively game one week then get rating of 5.3 and miss sitters the next week.

I'm only 13 Premier League games in so far and sitting in 12th place. Had a boat load of injuries and already sent Cisse back. The signings I've made are Salgado, Razvan Rat, Richard Hastings (cover), Jay DeMerit, Darcheville, Leonardo and Cillian Sheridan. The board have now made some more funds available (£9m) so I might be able to spend a bit in the window.

One suprise has been Prica. I'm playing with a target man and he's scored 9 goals in 14 games overall, haven't managed to get Jones fit yet to test him, but a strikers on the cards in January.

All the injuries have ruined my game on the demo. Going to start again when i get the game at the weekend. Think they would have sorted that problem out in the demo as it makes the game impossible.

Probably go with the same signings again next time. Only got £2m to spend so that went on M Palermo who has being banging in the goals until he got injured :rolleyes:

Sent cisse back to free up wages for loan signings. Signed Caceres and Song on loan who have being brilliant at CB. Ferreira was £1.3m.

Midfield loan signing were Emerson CM, Di Maria LW, Osvaldo RW and John Fleck as a super sub :cool:

Upfront Altidore as done okay as backup for Palermo and jones.

Hopefully will get more transfer funds off the board when i start on the new patch.

what tactics are using? kenwyne is so inconsistent he'll score one and assist one and have a lively game one week then get rating of 5.3 and miss sitters the next week.

Plays as a lone striker, I only got 5 goals in the whole of the first season out him but he has come good second season, although I wasted £15m on cordoza from benfica.

been having a bit of a think and tempted to try:

------------Gordon------------

-------Nos----??----Ferd------

Chimb--------------------??---

------Whitehead---Ried--------

-----------Richardson----------

--------Cisse-------??---------

think this would work with our squad?

Yeah I believe that could work, for LWB try Masilela cost me £250K and only really started playing him January and was fans player of the year and now he's worth £3.7M.

Just started my second season will get some screenies of transfers, fixtures and team.

Finished my second season in 4th place!

Lots of transfers this summer though:

Sold: Marcelo £30m, Benega £20m, Jankovic £20m & Jones £10m

Bought: Zapata £25m, Song £4m, Insua £4m, Witsel £14m & two regens Striker £16m & Right back £30m!!!

The regens look world class.

At the end of February and doing quite well. 6th in the league after a few good results, done the double against the mags, 2-1 wins in both games and won them in FA Cup third round in penalty's on a replay.

I'm not expecting to stay 6th for games in hand etc for teams below me. I would be very happy with 8th - 11th place finish.

3rdseasonbf9.jpg

w1024.png

Thats my 3rd season transfers some pretty good players in and still have around £8 million left but I have signed a few scouts and am trying to bring in some youngsters for the future. Sitting 7th in the league after 6 games so far should be a good season hopefully.

Just signed Jo from Man City on a free. He was unhappy at too much competition for places and on the transfer list with an asking price of zero. Surely this cant be right? I'm not complaining like.

He's ***** anyway mate.

I would rather have Prica :eek:

I got Keirrison as well seems like he could develope into a world beater I also wanted to sign Hulk but he is at Sevilla now I was too late to get him from Porto. Just search for Hulk and you will see him looks pretty damn good.

Archived