FM09 - Official Sunderland Thread - More Irish Money

AcidBurn

£9 million he has 13 composure on my game thats high enough with his pace, power and long shots.

Currently 5th in the league and celebrated my 100th game in charge with a 4-1 loss away to Man Utd but bounced back to beat Villa 4-1 at home got Arsenal next. Good thing is I am playing all the big sides away early in the season good to get it out of the way. Hoping for europe this season, is the euro vase still on the game I never got an invite and when it listed the euro qualifiers there was no one with EV next to their name just 4 champions league and 2 uefa cup.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cisse has scored 12 league goals I think for me at the end of March, not bad.

Doyle started very good with about 7 goals in 10 games, but he has only scored another 4 goals in the last 15 games.

Richardson has earned a first team place. Emerson was long turned injured.

Leonardo is a good player, but his fitness is terrible, his condition is rarely over 95% and that is when he's match fit.

It cost £24 million to add 16,000 seats on my game but I sold the players during the season and the money from the players didnt go into my transfer budget until they had actually left the club which was after the board had taken the money out anyways. I think thats how it happened you can always wait to sell you can make £50 million plus from selling players as in my opinion only Gordon and Ferdinand are good enough to stay on. Saying that Bardsley just scored a 25 yard volley in off the bar against Arsenal just moved up to 4th after picking up a 3-2 away win against Arsenal who were 4th before that result.

Yeah i noticed Leonardo picks up a lot of injuries as well.

Yep, I've had to play Reid mostly so far, but he's good craic anyway.

I've got Di Maria as well who I signed in January but by the time he got back fro International duty from the Under 20 Championships, he got injured for a few weeks and then he wasn't even back to match fit when he got injured again. He's back to match fitness now though and hopefully will start the next game.

Just finished my first season in 10th. Quite happy. Time to get rid of a few players and generate some cash over the summer.

I should be doing that in around an hour hopefully.

Got a good draw away to Arsenal who were top.

6 games left, and I think I could get 7th place, or even 6th if I win most.

Ive made some big moves this transfer window, waiting on a couple going through and ill get a screenshot up.

Just beat Hartlepool 7-0 in a friendly!

Where you at in the league now tugsafc? Still holding on for europe?

10th with 4 games left, all are winnable though

Is their anyone here that doesn't support SAFC?

I don't I support Middlesbrough but i'm loving being SAFC.

I live in Sunderland, season ticket and go to about 5 away games a season :D

Is their anyone here that doesn't support SAFC?

I don't I support Middlesbrough but i'm loving being SAFC.

Seems strange a smoggie would be Sunderland like.

I'm from Sunderland was a season ticket holder til i was 18, til i moved to Leeds. Just moved back to Sunderland 2 weeks ago, got myself down for a half season ticket this season. Missed it like.

Seems strange a smoggie would be Sunderland like.

I'm from Sunderland was a season ticket holder til i was 18, til i moved to Leeds. Just moved back to Sunderland 2 weeks ago, got myself down for a half season ticket this season. Missed it like.

Well done mate, one more supporter getting a season ticket :D

Where you living?

I don't mind Sunderland it's NUFC I hate, I live in Manchester.

Are you guy's keeping and going to use any of the SAFC youngsters like Waghorn, Dowson, M'voto or any others. Them 3 are out on loan in my 2nd season but I dount Dowson will be good enough but I jave high hopes for the other 2.

Btw can't believe that this thread has made 3 pages already.

Yeah, quite good for only about 5 people playing atm.

Been giving £12.25m for spend and that's without selling any players.

Will try and sign Apam and Zapater for defense

Yeah I couldn't sell for them prices either, I still have Whitehead, Malbranque sold for £3.5M, Mcshane for £4.5M, the most I got was £9M for Diouf.

Keirrison cost me £9.25M and has scored 4 in 10 and also Gignac has scored 7 in 10 and cost me £8.5M in Jan last season.

Also if you need a CM try Carlos Eduardo he has scored 6 in 12 from CM but he cost me £9M.

Keirrison just scored against Boro as we speak(or type).

Nice squad especially Midfield, How much money do you have left?

Keirrison scored a hat-trick against Boro.

My squad:

GK

Gordon

Leo Franco

DEF

Masilela

Wallace

Alseny Camara

Chimbonda

Bikey

Vlaar

Ferdinand

Rodwell

MID

De La Red

Whitehead

Delph

Wijnaldum

Acosta

Amrabat

Willians Santana

Leonardo

Carlos Eduardo

Di Maria

ST

Jones

Gignac

Sturridge

Keirrison

Delfounesso

Nice squad especially Midfield, How much money do you have left?

Keirrison scored a hat-trick against Boro.

£21m

I want Apam, but £12 would then only give me £10m for a ST and a mid-fielder.

I need to sell Malbranque and Mcshane.

Maybe if you wanted Keirrison you could get him with that £10M and a Midfielder with the profits from Malbranque and Mcshane.

If you want a decent cheap RM you could get Amrabat he is very good and only cost me £3.5M.

Just knocked Liverpool out of the Carling Cup 2-3 with goals from Carlos Eduardo(2), Acosta.

Amrabat is a really good RM and can only get better, I would recommend him. Also check out Guti he was transfer listed for 425k he is old but is good until the end of the 3rd season.

Alot of people buying D'Alessandro I got him and sold him as he started moaning when big clubs came knocking and I always sell any player that wants to leave as I hate un loyal players.

I think you need another CB and personally I found Sturridge and Jones to be rubbish upfront so I would bring in another striker and give Delfounesso the cup games until he is ready for full first team football. This is only me though you might have Jones scoring but he just didnt fit into my teams style of play as he is not clinical enough. But defense is the weakest area in your team the midfield is excellent though.

I am only half way through the 3rd season I also got Sturridge on a free but he doesnt seem like he will get any better but its hard to tell.

I am at the end of Jan in the 3rd season and am sitting in 4th place 9 points from 3rd, Man City are only 1 point behind me but I have a game in hand just signed Elano for £6 million he is 29 but is good for a few years yet and will hopefully spice up the team a bit as when Van Der Vaart doesnt play well there is no real competition for the creative CM spot.

Archived