The Official Chelsea Premiership Champions Thread 2005/06

JoeyM

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

Right - we've come to a conclusion on that issue. What's next? World Peace? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tony Blair has requested I take that on as my next project, with Kezman as my back up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Tony Blair has requested I take that on as my next project, with Kezman as my back up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I reckon you'll get shot of him by next summer.

ok lets move this on by looking at peoples first reaction to the Kezman signing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emperor Palpatine:

tee hee Kezman icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

Kezman? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Herman Bloom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As I said in the other thread, bearing in mind the player's quotes about his choice of club, this does suprise me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Kezman's awesome. You wait and see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I agree with Juni, I think Kezman will be a big success. Was very surprised to see him linked with Charlton, because with all due respect, he's a class above that right now.

Bugger icon_frown.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think the Kezman signing has the potential to be the making of the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the man himself before chelsea came in for him

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> uefa.com: So what will you do next?

Kezman: Up to now I have followed my heart - now I want to be objective and realistic. My plan is as follows: I want to move to an middle-ranked English Premiership side, spend three seasons there, score a minimum of ten goals per season, qualify for one of the European competitions, and move as a proven player to Liverpool [FC], Manchester [united FC] or Arsenal [FC]. I will be 28 and ready. It was those clubs that suggested that - they said, 'Mateja, you are a good player, but you are not ready for the starting eleven'. If I were only chasing money, I would wait until my contract expires and move to a bigger club where I would see more action in the stands than on the pitch.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juni again:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">£5.3m for Kezman is fffffffffffffffb icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kezman is fs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in response:

JamesM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wicom: You're wrong on that.

Very, very wrong icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juni AGAIN:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> \o/ icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Franco:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> icon_biggrin.gif unless the "s" means super </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okkas:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kezman will be awesome! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juni AGAIN:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We've just bought Kezman - he'll be our scorer. If we get Drogba ( icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif ) then we don't need Morientes, despite my preferences..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in conclusion, i rule, you all such icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

I was going to do that earlier when I found the topic looking for how much we paid, but I decided it was too sad icon_cool.gificon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does expose you as the charletan that you are though! icon_razz.gif

Wicom, thanks for doing that, was quite amusing - I certainly wan't going to sift through all of that!

I remember Juni raving about him when all I knew about him was his record (notice the lack of my post quoted above by Wicom), but I couldn't remember other people's reactions.

Strange that the United fans seemed to be claiming Kezman to be a success - and all Arsenal fans were laughing.

United and Chelsea fans in the same boat of delusionment? Is that the conclusion to come to?

Wicom, thanks for doing that, was quite amusing - I certainly wan't going to sift through all of that!

I remember Juni raving about him when all I knew about him was his record (notice the lack of my post quoted above by Wicom), but I couldn't remember other people's reactions.

Strange that the United fans seemed to be claiming Kezman to be a success - and all Arsenal fans were laughing.

United and Chelsea fans in the same boat of delusionment? Is that the conclusion to come to?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Juventus are ready to sell David Trezeguet to Chelsea and replace him with Inter’s Christian Vieri.

The latter is reportedly set to be available, as stories suggesting that he will end his five-year Nerazzurri stint this summer gather pace.

Vieri has just 12 months left on his San Siro contract and the club are poised to release him in order to get him off their wage bill.

The Italian international striker is no longer guaranteed a starting shirt, as owner Massimo Moratti confirmed yesterday, and is not part of the club’s future plans as no contract extension has been offered.

Juventus are ready to take advantage of the situation after they initially failed in an attempt to re-sign him 12 months ago, following his season at the Delle Alpi in 1996-97.

Boss Fabio Capello is a massive fan of the 32-year-old and the Turin club would be keen again, especially as no transfer fee would be involved.

His proposed capture would also fit in nicely with the Old Lady’s transfer strategy this summer.

It is no secret that Roma starlet Antonio Cassano is their primary objective but they insist they lack the cash necessary to finance the swoop.

Yet Vieri’s arrival would allow them to cash in on Trezeguet, a reported £30m target for Chelsea who are still looking for a top class forward.

Vieri has also been linked with moves to Milan and Atletico Madrid recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please no. £30m for Trezeguet is stupid, he's virtually a poor mans Henry. I hope for once the Sun is right and we are going for Gilardino for £35m.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beffrey:

A poor man's Henry? Aren't they different types of strikers?

I belive Trez can head a ball. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your completely right, i didn't word it very well.

What i mean is that generally Trezeguet is not as good a player as Henry, and with them both being French and good mates, i drew comparisons, though Trez is more of a target man, who plays right up top.

Would you want Trezeguet beffrey?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blueistheonlycolour:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beffrey:

What i mean is that generally Trezeguet is not as good a player as Henry, and with them both being French and good mates, i drew comparisons, though Trez is more of a target man, who plays right up top.

Would you want Trezeguet beffrey? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want us to stick with Hernan icon_cool.gif

Henry can head a ball, we just never give him the opportunity.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

actualy a good description would be the French Owen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just without the pace but added strength

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blueistheonlycolour:

Would you want Trezeguet beffrey? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want us to stick with Hernan icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he is happy to come back and genuinely wants to play for us (unlike Mr. Bogarde) so do i. I think he was unfairly critiscised by the press as his goal tally wasn't that bad considering Claudio's rotation/p*ssing about policy.

Huths scored for Germany - Huth turning out to be much better than i thought he would.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Robert Huth scored his first international goal this afternoon, Wednesday, as Germany beat Mexico 4-3 after extra-time to take third place in the Confederations Cup.

Germany were down to ten men and had twice been pegged back after taking the lead. Twelve minutes remained when Robert put his country ahead for the third time with a left-footed shot following a corner.

But stubborn Mexico equalised again, and it took a Ballack free-kick in extra-time to win the game.

Robert now has 11 caps, all won in the 2004/5 season. His football year really has finished, at last, and he can rest.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was **** apparently in a few games and the media really got on his back. Though maybe they are a little peeved that our ourth choice centre back can get in the national team? icon_biggrin.gif

Fair play to Klinsmann though for sticking by him. icon14.gif

It's a shame our best centre back isn't even guarenteed a first team place for England icon_frown.gif

He was **** apparently in a few games and the media really got on his back. Though maybe they are a little peeved that our ourth choice centre back can get in the national team? icon_biggrin.gif

It's a shame our best centre back isn't even guarenteed a first team place for England icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have him as my number one choice centreback for england. Hes better than Cambell and millions better than Ferdinand. Once Beckham retires he will become England captain as well.

JT for Captain.

I am amazed at the decision Klinsman has taken to have Huth as a serious otion at the back given he is unliely to be getting regular football. Against the brazilians to say Huth was struggling would be an understatement.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

I am amazed at the decision Klinsman has taken to have Huth as a serious otion at the back given he is unliely to be getting regular football. Against the brazilians to say Huth was struggling would be an understatement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

given time and games he will become a very good centreback imo, he has a lot of potential

anybody think that if it is true that arsenal are in talks after julio baptista that chelsea should get in there, unless a deal for a striker has been done and they have decided to delay the announcment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lampers:

It's a shame our best centre back isn't even guarenteed a first team place for England icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have him as my number one choice centreback for england. Hes better than Cambell and millions better than Ferdinand. Once Beckham retires he will become England captain as well.

JT for Captain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank **** your opinion doesnt count for anything then icon_wink.gif

No real source, but got this from some message board:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Wigan may have to cancel games

Due to an ongoing dispute about policing costs, Wigans debut in the premiership against Chelsea is likely to be cancelled. Unless the Latics pay around £300,000 by August 1st Greater Manchester Police will witdraw their cover forcing the cancellation of the game.

The threat was there last season but a compromise agreement had been reached wile discussions over the debt were held. Wigan believe the cost to be fair given that nearby clubs covered by the Lancashire police have lower costs.

The GMP has begun legal proceeding torexover the money owed for the last four games of last season and the Club has said it is not prepaed to pay at this stage.

What happens at Wigan may have implications for other club and so this may have more far reaching affects.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

No real source, but got this from some message board:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Wigan may have to cancel games

Due to an ongoing dispute about policing costs, Wigans debut in the premiership against Chelsea is likely to be cancelled. Unless the Latics pay around £300,000 by August 1st Greater Manchester Police will witdraw their cover forcing the cancellation of the game.

The threat was there last season but a compromise agreement had been reached wile discussions over the debt were held. Wigan believe the cost to be fair given that nearby clubs covered by the Lancashire police have lower costs.

The GMP has begun legal proceeding torexover the money owed for the last four games of last season and the Club has said it is not prepaed to pay at this stage.

What happens at Wigan may have implications for other club and so this may have more far reaching affects.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its to be played behind closed doors as far as i can see.

Latest on essien

Sweet baby moses i really hope we dont buy him now, i dont care how good a player/prospect he is, he aint worth half of that reported fee. For the kinda of money they seem to be wanting for essien (my guess 30M+) we could go out and sign SWP and Schweinsteiger! kenyon do your job and dont let us get ripped off we were meant to be making a stand against over-the-top transfer fees

source - skysports

Real Betis have confirmed that they have received offers for Chelsea target Joaquin.

The Seville-born favourite of the Betis faithful has been linked with a move to either Chelsea or Real Madrid over the past couple of seasons and now Betis president Manuel Ruiz de Lopera has confirmed that approaches have been made.

Betis, who in the coming season make their debut in the UEFA Champions League, are loathe to lose the talented Spanish international but the spending power of Chelsea could yet tempt them into a sale.

However, for the moment, Lopera is keen to quell speculation linking Joaquin with a move away from the Estadio Manuel Ruiz de Lopera.

"Things are not calm," admitted Lopera. "It is just that we are not commenting on the offers that we are receiving.

''Why should we if Joaquin is happy?

"The offers that we have been receiving are not like those that other clubs get for their players.

''But we will only begin to contemplate an offer if it is close to the buy-out clause.

"Anyway he is getting married on July 8 so why would we want to bother him?

''We have promised to take the Copa del Rey to the church for him and he is very excited about that."

what a guy, i bet when he told his missus she was dead chuffed being up staged on her wedding day by a football trophy icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by strong centreback:

Latest on essien

Sweet baby moses i really hope we dont buy him now, i dont care how good a player/prospect he is, he aint worth half of that reported fee. For the kinda of money they seem to be wanting for essien (my guess 30M+) we could go out and sign SWP and Schweinsteiger! kenyon do your job and dont let us get ripped off we were meant to be making a stand against over-the-top transfer fees </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's better than most of the players you've p1ssed money away on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by strong centreback:

Latest on essien

Sweet baby moses i really hope we dont buy him now, i dont care how good a player/prospect he is, he aint worth half of that reported fee. For the kinda of money they seem to be wanting for essien (my guess 30M+) we could go out and sign SWP and Schweinsteiger! kenyon do your job and dont let us get ripped off we were meant to be making a stand against over-the-top transfer fees </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's better than most of the players you've p1ssed money away on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he is better than some of the players we have at the moment but my point is that he isnt worth the money they are asking for, if your club was attempting to sign him would you be happy with the kinda money being talked about (26M+)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

And you think Schweinstaiger will be cheap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not cheap between 15-20M, germany clubs never seem to sell for a hell of alot of money kinda like the dutch.

I think we'll have some nice surprises come middle of July in regards to signings/ Think about it, this is the peak time for season ticket buyers, and selling the clubs equivelent of an SWP would possibly harm the ticket sales.

Come one underhanded transfer tactics for once. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chelseablue P.I.:

I think we'll have some nice surprises come middle of July in regards to signings/ Think about it, this is the peak time for season ticket buyers, and selling the clubs equivelent of an SWP would possibly harm the ticket sales.

Come one underhanded transfer tactics for once. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it's not don't know about other clubs, but my Chelsea season ticket renewal had to be in by the 30th of last month. I believe other clubs are earlier, just that Roman isn't waiting on the cash. £650 for 19 games icon13.gif

What i meant was, the middle to smaller modern reputation teams sell their prized asset, then moral will fall as will season ticket sales. Can you imagine how p1ssed off Man City fans would be if SWP got sold? Would the idea be to announce the imminent transfer before or after the bulk of the season tickets have been sold? You can look at it 2 ways, good business on one part and total screwing on another.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chelseablue P.I.:

What i meant was, the middle to smaller modern reputation teams sell their prized asset, then moral will fall as will season ticket sales. Can you imagine how p1ssed off Man City fans would be if SWP got sold? Would the idea be to announce the imminent transfer before or after the bulk of the season tickets have been sold? You can look at it 2 ways, good business on one part and total screwing on another. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true. Though i do think all clubs have already sold all of their season tickets. Still, SWP to the Bridge! *prays*

Archived