Defensive free kick issue

You can try leaving a man on the edge of the area, but not an awful lot you can do.

However, if it happens in favour of the AI then it can also happen in your favour as well.  Small consolation perhaps when you see the AI score against you but it should even out.  So even if it is a bug the bug will work in both ways.

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

You can try leaving a man on the edge of the area, but not an awful lot you can do.

However, if it happens in favour of the AI then it can also happen in your favour as well.  Small consolation perhaps when you see the AI score against you but it should even out.  So even if it is a bug the bug will work in both ways.

Leaving a man at det edge of the area would be a good idea, but it is not possible on defensive free kicks. They can stay in the box, in the wall or in attack.

In attack: Would this be the option of "staying with taker" or "stay back if needed"?

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

Yeah it’s only an option to leave a man on the edge of the area (in both attack and defence) for corner routines, not for wide free kicks. I haven’t scored this way ever, but have conceded probably 6 or 7 times

Very frustrating - as soon as you see a replay come up with a free kick wide out and that man free on the edge of the area you know exactly what’s going to happen but can’t stop it

It’s actually doubly frustrating for me as in FM17 I was desperate to have different free kick options (had a CB with a great free kick rating but obviously didn’t want him taking free kicks wide on the touch line). Now they have introduced it and I can’t stop conceding from them!!

Have you tried leaving more players forward to force opponents to keep more players back? I agree the situation seen in your screenshot is an issue and something I also encounter occasionally, but usually my players manage to close down that lurker and if they do then it's most likely a clean chance for us on the break (a consistent source of goals for me atm).

Archived