[FM17] England Level 22 Football - A lost cause?

thetenthplace

So I was sitting with a friend who was going through some lower leagues and odd teams near us and it suddenly occurred to look up the lowest league I could on FM17. I found a file that goes all the way to level 22 and decided to start my game at the very lowest level.

The club that was most local to me in the lowest league was:

2062002591.png

Bring on the amateur leagues!

So to start with:

Founded: 2015

Professional Status: Amateur

League: Mid Sussex Division 9 (Level 22)

Ticket Price: £3

Season Ticket Price: £75

Bank Balance: -£1k

Capacity: 1,000 all standing

Corporate Facilities: Basic

Training Facilities: Poor

Youth Facilities: Basic

Youth Level: 0

Junior Coaching: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Limited

I can imagine it will be reasonably easy for the first few years and then start struggling once money is needed so lets see how this goes.

As always, level 15+ challenges intrigue me. A word of advice from someone who's played one: It's not unusual to take 40-50 years to just get to League Two if you're unlucky. You at least have the advantage of being in Mid Sussex, so you have a few easy promotions at the start, but after that it's mostly luck based.

I'll be interested to see how your save goes. I tried a keymer & hassocks save last year and really struggled once we went semi-pro. Oddly enough I was able to recruit an assistant manager at the start of the save named Terry McPhillips who had worked for Blackburn as an ass man. Good luck!

I've always enjoyed the 'bottom to top' challenges, like everyone else has said prepare for it to get REALLY tough as you approach the higher levels of non-league. Going semi-pro is a mixed blessing, but don't get too attached to your players at that point haha

5 hours ago, winterburnsilva said:

I've always enjoyed the 'bottom to top' challenges, like everyone else has said prepare for it to get REALLY tough as you approach the higher levels of non-league. Going semi-pro is a mixed blessing, but don't get too attached to your players at that point haha

How come it's so hard?  I always found lower level fairly easy if you are hot on the scouting front but I've never gone below the conf south/north.  

I guess this would be hard because the lack of fanbase & infrastructure at the club?  ie never having enough money to upgrade training facilities to any sort of standard.

Well 1 season down and a clean sweep of league and all cups - at the start of the season signed a whole new team and no-one got poached!

Average attendance of 18 (highest in league!)

Top scorer had 26 goals - 19 more than second place! - And just announced retirement :(

Mid Sussex Division 9 (Level 22): Winner

Brian Hall Challenge Cup: Winner

Mid Sussex Junior Cup: Winner

Tester Challenge Cup: Winner

Time to start searching for the next star striker - as above I have been scouting a lot trying to make sure I can find good players to bring in, expanding my coaches to get a fitness coach and then a scout help immensely through the season

53 minutes ago, thetenthplace said:

Thanks, how is yours going?

It is going well thank you. I am currently playing in the Mid Sussex Football League Division One after eight straight league wins (I did not get promoted in my first season). Have you managed to get any decent players in? I was the same team on last years game and found it difficult to get any good players. I am finding it easier to get good players on the 2017 version though.

I got lucky signed a star striker and a decent midfield, after that defense and goalie were a nightmare and took a lot of scouting - the key was then not losing them, had a lot of poaching attempts but players stayed - maybe because we were winning?

Been priced to win the Div 8 this year and first few matches went alright with wins (although one was a close deal)

All the stars I have are over 30 and announcing retirement, lost one at the end of 2017 and 2 more have announced it for 2018 (including my striker) I can imagine a few more before the season is out. I managed to poach a load of youngsters for my U18 and U23 teams which the board said must play in a league this year, I think they have lost every match so far :rolleyes:

Money is going very well and on a steady increase, at this rate may get enough to buy a player when we reach Semi Pro (maybe a decade away?)

Attendance took a massive increase to 78 in the first game from 24 in the last one of the season before so plenty more money coming in this year, few new sponsors giving a whopping £80 extra and our main sponsor is living it large at £700 a year

Had a slightly rougher season

Average attendance of 78 (2nd highest in league!)

Top scorer had 17 goals same guy as last year and is retiring

Mid Sussex Division 8 (Level 21): Winner

Brian Hall Challenge Cup: Winner

Mid Sussex Junior Cup: Runner Up

Tester Challenge Cup: Winner

Parsons Challenge Cup:  Winner

Had a few hiccups with injuries but in general a good season with 4/5 competitions won and a whole load of new players coming in just in case. Convinced the board for 1 more coach which hopefully gave us an advantage 

Untitled.png

10 hours ago, GryphonFlick said:

Good progress so far. How's the trophy cabinet looking?

Started empty and now has 8 winners trophies and a runners up :D looks like I will be adding another 4 in 2019 after a great start to the season, no players poached and retirement of our star striker was from professional football so he is still scoring for us!

Winner: Mid Sussex Div 9, Div 8, Parsons Challenge, Tester Challenge x2, Mid Sussex Junior, Brian Hall Challenge

Runner Up: Mid Sussex Junior Cup

Slightly rougher year, hit with injuries in the second half which led to some tough games at the end of the season

Money has been on steady increase hitting £30k so far

Another rise in average attendance to 87 with our highest attendance at 119!

Mid Sussex Division 7 (Level 20): Winner

Mid Sussex Junior Cup: Winner

Malins Challenge Cup: Winner

Parsons Challenge Cup:  Semi Final

Untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great season in general

Average attendance of 92

Top scorer had 8 goals and was only second in the league, since our legend Dean Perrow retired we have struggled a bit on the scoring front

Proudest moment was probably the draw at home to MK Dons in a friendly to a sold out 1,000 crowd

Mid Sussex Division 6 (Level 19): Winner

Stratford Challenge Cup: Runner Up

Malins Challenge Cup: Winner

Parsons Challenge Cup:  Winner

mkdons.png

table.png

Well we had a bit of a dip in the middle of the season and ended up winning on goal difference!

Average attendance of 82 - that's 10 down from last season!

We are up to £73k in the bank though!

Mid Sussex Division 5 (Level 18): Winner

Stratford Challenge Cup: Winner

Malins Challenge Cup: Runner Up

Stubbins Challenge Cup:  Winner

Sommerville Challenge Cup:  Winner

Untitled.png

Started having trouble with players being poached, but so far we had a good season beating the team that knocked us out in round three  in the final of another cup! sweet sweet revenge!

Average attendance of 92 so matching our best

Sussex Division 4 (Level 17): Winner

Stratford Challenge Cup: Winner

Mid Sussex Senior Cup: Third Round

Stubbins Challenge Cup:  Winner

Sommerville Challenge Cup:  Winner

Archived