Goalkeeper not even trying to distribute as told

Do attributes such as Kicking and Throwing affect the willingness of the keeper to comply with tactical instructions, and not just the success chance? In my HSV save, I noticed immediately that my keepers do not distribute the ball to the full backs, but opt for the CB-s nearly always. I tried shortening the pass range, telling the GK to roll out...didn't work. End result is that the wrong players end up trying to reach the target man with the long ball. And it ends up bad.

7 minutes ago, davehibb said:

I wonder if Decisions and other mental ratings have a bearing too?

Or perhaps the opposition is playing with AMR/L so the keep distributes to a CB?

They were doing exactly that- but shouldn't he still do what I tell him to, despite the risks?

There have been issues in the past where 

a. GKs do not follow specific instructions, and if this happens consistently then, it should be raised as a bug. I know some people raised it but SI usually need a few examples to isolate particular events and review them. So pkms of these and when they happen should be raised. I believe this is a known issue, though I can't verify this just yet.

b. I would add the same for set pieces, because this I remember can be a known issue, and pkms of this can be handy too.  

11 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

There have been issues in the past where 

a. GKs do not follow specific instructions, and if this happens consistently then, it should be raised as a bug. I know some people raised it but SI usually need a few examples to isolate particular events and review them. So pkms of these and when they happen should be raised. I believe this is a known issue, though I can't verify this just yet.

b. I would add the same for set pieces, because this I remember can be a known issue, and pkms of this can be handy too.  

So, SI do know that noncompliance with instructions exists? Or do they just suspect it?

I am not too sure entirely, cos those sub forums are now closed and I can't go check. The problem is that my keeper follows my instructions to the "T" so that's why they need examples, cos they need to try and replicate it.

It is interesting to hear this maybe "bug" related. I also immediately noticed that my Sweeper GK was simply not following my distribution instructions at all. No matter what I tried, he'd always just smash it up to my Target Man. Ahh yes, that's when it dawned upon me. ;)  The simple fact that I was using a Target Man, was in itself instructing my team to get the ball forward to him, thus overriding my other carefully crafted and very explicit instructions. Which also explained my insolent players often refusing to play the cultured brand of football I require.

That one simple thing was ruining everything. I had TM set as that suited the striker's attributes and his own personal preferences. But, damn it, I'm the Manager! - so he's now retraining as an Advanced Forward, my team play the slick sassy football I desire, and my GK now plays the ball out to my full backs first, then CB's, and if none are available, then he still hits it up to my old TM anyway. Which was exactly what I originally wanted and intended. :)

I noticed you were playing with a TM yourself, so thought this information might be of some kind of use to you.

9 hours ago, Wisła said:

It is interesting to hear this maybe "bug" related. I also immediately noticed that my Sweeper GK was simply not following my distribution instructions at all. No matter what I tried, he'd always just smash it up to my Target Man. Ahh yes, that's when it dawned upon me. ;)  The simple fact that I was using a Target Man, was in itself instructing my team to get the ball forward to him, thus overriding my other carefully crafted and very explicit instructions. Which also explained my insolent players often refusing to play the cultured brand of football I require.

That one simple thing was ruining everything. I had TM set as that suited the striker's attributes and his own personal preferences. But, damn it, I'm the Manager! - so he's now retraining as an Advanced Forward, my team play the slick sassy football I desire, and my GK now plays the ball out to my full backs first, then CB's, and if none are available, then he still hits it up to my old TM anyway. Which was exactly what I originally wanted and intended. :)

I noticed you were playing with a TM yourself, so thought this information might be of some kind of use to you.

The thing is- I want my full backs to be the ones to pass to the target man. They have decent passing and crossing, unlike my centre backs.

1 hour ago, Bunkerossian said:

The thing is- I want my full backs to be the ones to pass to the target man. They have decent passing and crossing, unlike my centre backs.

How about change the TM to a similar role that can hold up the ball but not act as a magnet, set the GK to distribute to FBs or CDs, and set the FBs to long passes and/or cross early?

5 minutes ago, herne79 said:

How about change the TM to a similar role that can hold up the ball but not act as a magnet, set the GK to distribute to FBs or CDs, and set the FBs to long passes and/or cross early?

I want to use Lasogga as he is meant to be- it's just that my goalkeeper doesn't pass the ball to the players that can find him with consistency. I don't mind him being a magnet, but I do have a preferred route for starting attacks.

Archived