2 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

But there must be `best`/ effective` player traits for each position, e.g. wingback - run down flank & cross?

or CB - mark tightly

CM - likes to dictate tempo ??

There aren't. 

Firstly, it'll make no sense to ask a player to learn a PPM he wouldn't be good at doing in the first place. Before giving a player a PPM like dribbling always, make sure he's at least a decent dribbler... or a player dictating tempo, make sure he doesn't have weaknesses that'll make him panic or get nervous under pressure and also that he can make good Decisions. etc etc

Other roles have certain PIs locked in, like a playmaker role with Risky Passes on often, so asking a player you play there to learn the trait of trying Killer Balls often is just wasting his time, unless he plays in other positions or roles.

I prefer to teach Player Traits that doesn't involve PIs too much, like Dictates Tempo or Places Shots/Shoots with Power.

The other reason I use Player Traits would be to give me something different. For example, I have an Anchor Man. One player doesn't have any traits, so he plays the role as it is. The other DM I have to play there, has the Plays Long Passes Trait, so I use him if I have a more aggressive approach where I'd like the ball forward, quicker, just to give me that something different.

In general there are good and bad ppms

DLF  good -comes deep to get ball - plays one twos and move onto channels

bad - gets forward and likes to beat offside trap

IF -  good plays one twos

bad - runs with ball rarely and stays back

AM good plays one twos and get forward

bad - comes deep, stays back, runs rarely, no through balls

BBM

good -plays one twos and get forward

Bad - comes deep, stays back, runs rarely, runs often

BWM

bad - stays back, no through balls runs rarely

FBs bad - stays back at all times runs with ball rarely

I can add a few more later but not actually seen a guide

Also With Spurs Kane has shoots with power,  Eriksen  places shots, killer balls Lamela cuts inside both wings

Just consider what PPMs suit your tactic and players

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

It has a list, yes, but there's a lot of unnecessary doubling up like the examples I mentioned in my post. 

Yeah that's fair enough. Like most things though, it gives a decent starting point and allows you to roughly work out what traits are generically best for what positions.

Just now, Cal585 said:

Yeah that's fair enough. Like most things though, it gives a decent starting point and allows you to roughly work out what traits are generically best for what positions.

Definitely. :thup:

This list is better than the list of positions and which PPMs should be taught for each position. People just so easily fall into the trap of "if x then y", but this is a good starting point, as you say.

Archived