Player attributes keep decreasing

I absolutley hate it when nearly all attributes of a player decrease. Is there something you can do against it in general? Or do you just have to wait until a player of yours get picked and then you have to enjoy the "nice feature"?

0,2 Points down is a lot, when you consider that nearly all of the attributes of a player gets affected.

Two cases that are standing out:

1. Youth player, lot of potential, enough gametime, enough resting, loses 0,2 in many areas. When I warn him to increase his training level, he says he already does the maximum. Is he lying? :D

2. More Serious case: Boatengs Attribute values keep dropping for month now. Passing from 15,0 to 14,4; Stanima from 14,0 to 13,4; First Touch from 13,0 to 12,4, most other attributes down 0,2.

I warned him three times now to increase his training level (first time was four month ago), each time he was okay with it and said that he will prove he deserves a chance in the first team. On the pitch I have no complaints about him.

What can I do?

Does high professionalism prevent such development?

Sometimes its a side effect of them gaining abilities in a new position, which forces the game to re-weight all the player's attributes even though the player's effort levels are fine and their ability is at the same level as before.

Communication about how and why players' attributes are changing is something which could and should be a lot better in FM (but I suspect artificially enforced declines like this which can't be logically explained in terms of football are part of the reason there aren't more explanations)

Young players aren't just consistently improve in a linear way. There will be ups and downs along the way, which is fine as long as those downs aren't anything medium/long term.

Players who are at full potential may see other attributes drop slightly as they focus on improving a specific attribute in training, but that obviously depends whether you set it or not.

Just a couple of thoughts about it. Hope it helps.

18 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

gaining abilities in a new position,

The players affected arent training a new position.

21 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Communication about how and why players' attributes are changing is something which could and should be a lot better in FM (but I suspect artificially enforced declines like this which can't be logically explained in terms of football are part of the reason there aren't more explanations)

Hm, its really frustrating, though.

---

@HUNT3R

Okay, lets forget about that young player. He has balanced as a personality anyway. I guess a high score in "professionalism" keeps that declining from happening?!

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Players who are at full potential may see other attributes drop slightly as they focus on improving a specific attribute in training, but that obviously depends whether you set it or not.

But this "additonal focus" hasnt that huge of an impact anyway? How could it affect the attributes so much? It isnt the case with Boateng anyway, he hasnt an additional focus. And he is decreasing in all attributes.

He keeps getting worse.

Spoiler

482730_20170624143355_1.png

Archived