*** 30 seasons in - Game very slow even on new MacBook Pro - Help Please ***

Hi,

so im around 30 seasons in on an epic FM13 save and game had really started to slow which i put down to it being played on an old lap top.

Anyway ive now installed and loaded the save game onto a brand new MacBook Pro.

The game itself processes super quick and the performance is at 5 stars.

However when in the "news" inbox it seems to really lag for around 2 seconds between each news item.

eg say i have 8 new messages in my inbox. just to scroll up through each message lags for 2 seconds each time which really adds up with daily news items.

is this anything to do with it being so many seasons in that the game has some kind of large amount of information saved etc?

is there anything that can be done to speed this part up?

for info, its a pretty medium database with only a handful of leagues/nations loaded.

as i said the actual processing of matches day to day is really quick its literally just this scrolling between news items.

any help would be much appreciated.

also is there a way to delete/clear my inbox or news items?

Thanks

ok, thanks for this. potentially numbers 1 and 8 may help.

i will try tonight. in the mean time it would be useful to know what the actual reason/cause might be with this and why its actually happening in the first place.

if anyone else has experienced this particular issue it would be helpful to hear too.

thanks

36 minutes ago, ilkork said:

What about number 9?
I think the " Should now be fixed after the latest update" corresponds to FM17.
I guess it still works for previous versions, right?

ahhh soz where that was all deleted out i didnt even read it but yeh that probably looks like the exact thing i need! just hope i dont mess it all up when renaming files but ill definitely try this first! thanks!

14 minutes ago, L-Wiz said:

ahhh soz where that was all deleted out i didnt even read it but yeh that probably looks like the exact thing i need! just hope i dont mess it all up when renaming files but ill definitely try this first! thanks!

Back up your save first before you go renaming files, just in case.

• Lucas locked this topic

Archived