The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Too much agreeing and being civilised in here today, where's Mike McCurry when he's needed! icon_wink.gif

Currently giving his weekly full body massage to WS before heading out for a sing song with Donald Findlay.

No proof of this of course, but who needs it when it's obviously true?

Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Too much agreeing and being civilised in here today, where's Mike McCurry when he's needed! icon_wink.gif

Currently giving his weekly full body massage to WS before heading out for a sing song with Donald Findlay.

No proof of this of course, but who needs it when it's obviously true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew it all along! icon_cool.gif

To be fair if he gives Walter, aged 60, a full body massage, he deserves to issue any decision he flaming well wants! icon14.gif

the stat made earlier about us both having scored the same goals and conceded the same is amazing.

only 1 point of a difference between the points gained against other SPL teams too, shows how important the OF games are and if you look at it that way then the team who actually does win the league is undoubtably deserving of it icon14.gif

Originally posted by Ter:

Steven Smith and Andy Webster are both in the squad for tomorrow's game icon14.gif

Will be good to hopefully see Smith getting some first team action again. icon14.gif

Great news, especially for Smith who some did not give much of a hope of ever being back in this position.

Our form and cover is good enough at the moment that neither player needs to be forced too quickly into the action. Easy does it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BWCH:

Tbf theholyone is awesome.

It's awesome there are keyboards out there with keys big enough for him to pound his knuckles into and still come out semi-coherent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

That made me laugh icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Steven Smith and Andy Webster are both in the squad for tomorrow's game icon14.gif

Will be good to hopefully see Smith getting some first team action again. icon14.gif

Great news, especially for Smith who some did not give much of a hope of ever being back in this position.

Our form and cover is good enough at the moment that neither player needs to be forced too quickly into the action. Easy does it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very good news, lets hope he's given time before bring thrust into the team. Thankfully Mr Reliable (Papac) is here, will mean that Smith should get the time he needs.

I'm dying to see Webster play alongside Cuellar, has the makings of a great partnership.

Glad Cousin stays, at least til the summer. Would have let him go in January had we been able to bring someone with similar attributes and better attitude in, but not to be and he'll give us another good option for Bremen and the OF games. They hated his physicality in that first game.

At least it's all cleared up now. The length of time it was in limbo was mental and helped no-one.

i would rather he went. i dont think darcheville hes the technique to be a great striker but while he may not have the pace of darcheville, cousins is far better.

the obvious option is to play balde who can more than match him in the air and gor strength, but will strachan play him? i doubt it

Theres been a lot of discussion against Walter starting Charlie Adam, starting Boyd or not, or even playing a 442 or 433.

This made me think, if i was in his shoes, who would i play against Aberdeen. If you were Gers manager against Aberdeen what would your starting 11s be? See if anyone can agree

Originally posted by jimbo22:

On the way to 52 boys

Starting to believe now. The last couple of days have been pretty positive, the commanding manner in which we beat Hearts, the availability of Thomson, Smith, Webster and Cousin. Things seem to be clicking just at the right time. Long way to go, I guess.

Guest sav112

Love Walter to bits but he does fanny about too much, I’d prefer him to settle on his front line and keep it.

Darch up front alone again…

Why not accept this playing one decent forward does not wash….Novo scored two off the bench and I’d have started with him and Darch!

Aberdeen have been rubbish as well... icon_biggrin.gif just our luck they start to play...

Guest sav112

Bet Boyd scores and gets subbed with Novo near the third quarter

Naismith on with Adam off

Dailly off McCulloch on too I bet.

3-1 finish icon_biggrin.gif with a late McCulloch goal

Guest sav112
Originally posted by sav112:

Bet Boyd scores and gets subbed with Novo near the third quarter

Naismith on with Adam off

Dailly off McCulloch on too I bet.

3-1 finish icon_biggrin.gif with a late McCulloch goal

Feck i'm good icon_wink.gif wel with the score anyway icon14.gif

Originally posted by matty_8:

Theres been a lot of discussion against Walter starting Charlie Adam, starting Boyd or not, or even playing a 442 or 433.

This made me think, if i was in his shoes, who would i play against Aberdeen. If you were Gers manager against Aberdeen what would your starting 11s be? See if anyone can agree

With everyone fully fit, this is how I'd line up:

McGregor

Whittaker Cuellar Webster Papac

Thomson

Ferguson Davis

Naismith Cousin Beasley

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

With everyone fully fit, this is how I'd line up:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

McGregor

Thomson

Ferguson Davis

Naismith Cousin Beasley </pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by deerokus:

McGregor's a good keeper but Boruc is underrated by youse lot for understandable reasons, he's a legend, without him and skippy we'd be out of the race already. The very rare sort of keeper who is worth as much to a team as a top quality striker.

The same could equally be said about McGregor, who's goals conceded and clean sheet stats are better than Boruc.

No denying that Boruc is a good keeper, he's put in displays for you in the Champions League and for Poland in the World Cup that have kept the scoreline respectable at times, but he's also made 3 errors that have cost goals in the last 3 games against us.

Boruc is certainly higher profile and would go for more money if both teams sold their keepers, but I honestly don't think much of a gap in ability, if any, exists between the keepers.

Just noticed one glaring omission, so I'll repost.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

McGregor

Hemdani

Davis Thomson

Naismith Cousin Beasley </pre>

No guarantees that Smith will get back to his pre-injury form, and Papac has been good for us this season.

Archived