Tweebier 2017: 3-2-3-2 plug and play tactic, great results

Hey

The succesfull Tweebier tactic from last year didnot work quite as good in fm2017, so I have made a few changes. Three central defenders in stead of 2 to make the defense more solid and 2 central midfielders on attacking because I need them to play the ball forward and I need them in the box. Tried it with 5 teams on different levels to make sure it works: Man. United, Cambridge, Dag & Red, Eindhoven and PSV. Didnot change a thing, no instructions to nobody: just went on holiday for the whole season. 

jv63IChm.jpg    CKQaf9em.jpg

The results:

Man. United: finshed 1st (prediction 3th)  VmGFJ6mh.jpg

Cambridge: Finished 1st (prediction 15th)    K71KiIbh.jpg

Dag & Red: Finished 3rd (predicton 17th)   5MjnmoLh.jpg

Eindhoven: Finished 1st (prediction 9th)  SsyISUbh.jpg

PSV: Finished 1st (prediction 1st)    DoLFkZFh.jpg

When you  play all your games yourself the results are even better, especially when you can scout your own players. Scouting means looking at the players gamestats first and then at their attributes. 

So scouts are very important to be succesfull. Get as many of them as possible.

For instance:

For a goalkeeper I look at saves held, and saves predicted.

For central defenders I look at: interceptions, headers won per 90min

For Wingbacks: Interceptions and crosses completed

Midfielders: interceptions and keypasses

Attackers: goals per 90min (especially the poacher) and keypasses. Look for a guy who played moren than 10 games and has at least a 1,00 goal per 90 minute ratio. 

This works for me every time, on alle levels. If their gamestats are good, I look at their attributes. Are the attibutes total crap compared to the level your team is playing on it is no use, otherwise buy him!!! Even if he doesnlot look that good. 

I started this way with Nuenen (5th level in The Netherlands thanks to the league update from VincelaBera on fmscout) (got 2 promotions), switched to Eindhoven (promotion and won Eredivisie) and switched to PSV (won Eredivise 2 times, KNVB Cup and Champions League. 

With PSV I only have average players and I beat the **** out of Barcelona and Madrid with my Moneyball-scouting method and with this tactic.

CZ9g8cOl.jpg

Some thoughts/tips:

The poacher is extremely important; this is your main goal scorer . Find a guy with no preferred moves. 

For the deep lying playmaker: likes to switch ball to other flank is very usefull and this is the guy who makes hunderds of interceptions a season. So scout on that gamestat!

The one thing that irritates me is that it is impossible to make one of the 3 central defenders to go forward to midfield when your team has the ball. I think this is a major flaw in FM. Tried it with a half back but the results are mixed and your defense gets less solid. 

The tactic:  

In English Leagues Controll sometimes works better. But with stronger teams I use attack.

3232 Tweebier 2017 attack.fmf

3232 Tweebier 2017 controll.fmf     

Good Luck.

2 hours ago, Tweebier said:

The one thing that irritates me is that it is impossible to make one of the 3 central defenders to go forward to midfield when your team has the ball. I think this is a major flaw in FM. Tried it with a half back but the results are mixed and your defense gets less solid. 

Have you tried pushing the DC back with a Libero role?

2 hours ago, Wijnand fens said:

OI? training? MP?

Thanks

The results with the 5 teams in the test were with no instructions. Never looked at training. Just picked a team, implemented the tactic and went on holiday for the rest of the season. 

But the tactic works better when you really play and change something in games that need it.

When I really play...I leave training to my assistent. Opposite instructions? It depends on what is happening in the game. But I start games with no instructions.  Lots of games do not need it.

Sometimes I manmark a player or change from attack to controll, or I put the central defender in defensive midfield...but that hardly happens.

I have tested with OI: for instance with pressure on all players, put on wrong foot, hard tackling, man mark... but that didnot gave me better results in a season.

1 minute ago, kenek086 said:

what tactic is best? the attack or control one?

Depends on your team. Attack is for stronger teams. But with Man. United controll worked better than attack. 

I do not understand why. With PSV I use attack and win against Real and Barcelona, or 1-4 win away against Arsenal...

Because I do not want to many long balls into nothing. The best passer gets this role.

I need a bit of surprise in my game. Thats is the reason for 1 ball playing defender. And that does sometimes do the trick with wonderfull long balls.

So it can also be the one on the right or the middle one.

• 4 months later...

Hi, currently using your tactic with my Juventus side and it is superb. I have made only one transfer, bought Marco Asensio from Real Madrid. 

The overall results are stunning, I have 100% victories in Seria A and UCL, with only 2 goals against me in 15 games.

I don't use OI.

Training is by default and left to my AM.

Here are some photos from the progress until now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Tweebier! Trying out your tactic with Notts County. Thoug the tactic needs to settle in the squad, we've allready managed to beat Leeds away in the EFL Cup - so looking good :-) But there's one thing I just can't figure out: How do you go on about scouting your own players?

On 16-4-2017 at 17:51, Loftus said:

Hi, Tweebier! Trying out your tactic with Notts County. Thoug the tactic needs to settle in the squad, we've allready managed to beat Leeds away in the EFL Cup - so looking good :-) But there's one thing I just can't figure out: How do you go on about scouting your own players?

Hahaha, I mean. Do it yourself and not let your scouts do it for you. I scout on stats.

Sorry, for my English. 

On 8-4-2017 at 15:09, Purdanoski said:

Hi, currently using your tactic with my Juventus side and it is superb. I have made only one transfer, bought Marco Asensio from Real Madrid. 

The overall results are stunning, I have 100% victories in Seria A and UCL, with only 2 goals against me in 15 games.

I don't use OI.

Training is by default and left to my AM.

Here are some photos from the progress until now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Very impressive. Thanx for the feedback.

Been out for some time. Will try this week a new game of FM.

• 1 month later...

weird question, does it not make more sense to have the DLF on the BPD side so you have a good header of the ball for those long passes, also this would allow a greater aerial threat from the R WB as most of my crosses seem to come in form that side 

Archived