International Champions Cup New Version 1

This is my new version of The International Champions Cup. After posting the original version with the same teams every year, I received many requests to complete the tournament with different teams every year. There were some snags originally but I now have it working.  So I have totally revamped the cup and the teams will be set for 2016 and more random from 2017 onwards. I had difficulty trying to make the English clubs random because I am using 6 for the three tournaments in total. They will be set every year but all other clubs will be random.

I have created the International Champions Cup competitions for the USA/Europe, Australia & China. I have made them larger, more competitive and have added finals to each one.  They take place during July and there is a 4 day break between fixtures. Every year and each cup has a Player Of The Tournament award. The tournament and the teams are set for 2016 and random from 2017 onwards. Similar to the USA tournament in real life using European venues in 2016, I have also included this with the USA and neighboring venues for Australia & China for my file. The details are as follows;

America/Europe [ID: 100000025];

2016 Only – 10 teams with top two qualifying for the final

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, PSG, Chelsea, AC Milan, Leicester City, Celtic, New York Red Bulls & LA Galaxy.

2017 onwards – 10 teams with top two qualifying for the final

Winner Of Liga Santander [Spain], Manchester City, Runner-Up Of Liga Santander [Spain], Winner Of Serie A [Italy], Liverpool, Winner Of Ligue 1 [France], 3rd Bundesliga [Germany], Winner Copa Bridgestone Libertadores [South American Champions League], Winner MLS Supporters Shield [USA], Runner-Up MLS Supporters Shield [USA].

USA Stadiums used [13 hosting 3 ties each] = The Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Los Angeles Memorial Stadium, Ohio Stadium, MetLife Stadium, AT&T Stadium, FedEx Stadium, CenturyLink Stadium, Arrowhead Stadium, Sports Authority Field At Mile High, SunLife Stadium, Soldier Field Stadium & NRG Stadium.

European Stadiums used [6 hosting 1 tie each] = The Principality Stadium [Cardiff, Wales], Wembley Stadium [London, England], The Aviva Stadium [Dublin, Ireland], Celtic Park [Glasgow, Scotland], The Nou Camp [Barcelona, Spain] & The Friends Arena [Stockholm, Sweden].

Ties take place July 12th – July 28th 

Final takes place July 30th.

Australia [ID: 100000026];

2016 Only – 8 teams with top two qualifying for the final

Juventus, FC Bayern, Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur, Sevilla, FC Porto & Adelaide United.

2017 Onwards – 8 teams with top two qualifying for the final

Winner Of Bundesliga [Germany], Arsenal, 3rd Liga Santander [Spain], Tottenham Hotspur, Runner-Up Serie A [Italy], Runner-Up Liga NOS [Portugal], Winner Ladbrokes Premiership [Scotland], Winner Hyundai A-League Series Finals [Australia].

Australian Stadiums used [4 hosting 5 ties each] = The Melbourne Cricket Ground, Docklands Stadium, Stadium Australia & The Adelaide Oval.

Other Stadiums used [4 hosting 2 ties each] = The National Stadium [Kallang, Singapore], Eden Park [Auckland, New Zealand], Nasional Bukit Jalil [Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia] & Gelora Bung Karno [Jakarta, Indonesia].

Ties take place July 12th – July 26th

Final takes place July 29th.

China [ID: 100000027];

2016 Only – 8 teams with top two qualifying for the final

Manchester City, Manchester United, Borrusia Dortmund, Inter Milan, Schalke 04, Benfica, PSV Eindhoven & Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao.

2017 Onwards – 8 teams with top two qualifying for the final

Manchester United, Runner-Up Bundesliga [Germany], Chelsea, Winner Liga NOS [Portugal], Runner-Up Ligue 1 [France], 3rd Serie A [Italy], Winner Eredivisie [Netherlands], Winner Ping An CFA [China].

Chinese Stadiums used [4 hosting 5 ties each] = National Olympic Stadium ‘Bird’s Nest’, Guangdong Olympic Sports Centre, The Workers Stadium & The Wuhan Sports Centre Stadium.

Other Stadiums used [4 hosting 2 ties each] = The Seoul World Cup Stadium [Seoul, South Korea], Rajamangala National Stadium [Bangkok, Thailand], Hong Kong Stadium [So Kon Po, Hong Kong] & The Nissan Stadium [Yokohama, Japan].

Ties take place July 12th – July 26th

Final takes place July 29thth.

I have included all histories to previous competitions for winners and runners-up as to 2015 plus the Player Of The Tournament Awards. The player award histories were based on tournament reports, as there were no real awards for the competitions. All winners and awards are added to the history section as these trophies have been tested on FM 2017.

How to add these tournaments on FM17:

1. Move the downloaded .fmf file to the following location:
    Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2017 / editor data
    Create the "editor data" folder if it doesn't exist.

2. Open FM 2017 and start a new save-game with this file selected.

International Champions Cup_0C14B0D4-5724-4B90-8DAC-C1E9A2695E50.fmf

Fantastic job! Maybe match are too often, we play every two days, but in pre-season it could even be better to get players fitness and I can understand the need to end the tournament before the start of official competions such as preliminary round (Champions & Europa League). Many thanks

42 minutes ago, Devid17 said:

Fantastic job! Maybe match are too often, we play every two days, but in pre-season it could even be better to get players fitness and I can understand the need to end the tournament before the start of official competions such as preliminary round (Champions & Europa League). Many thanks

Thanks for your comments. Yes they do play between 8-11 matches pre-season in these tournaments. When you start a normal FM save you are issued approx 10 friendlies at the start anyway. So if you have my files loaded and your team is involved just cancel the other friendlies and its around the same. Also there is a 4 day break in the middle of these tournaments plus large cash prize monies for teams involved.

20 minutes ago, willz71172 said:

nice work ollie did u holiday it few years make sure no crashes

I took it to 2019 and everything ok. I know it's Ok even at 2017. Had RB Leipzig and Monaco in USA version. All histories and awards added also. Only issue can't fix is qualifiers not showing in the section on main screen but not a biggie though.

1 hour ago, willz71172 said:

good work mate...im suprised SI havent added the tournie in the game

I know bud they should do. I think it's good to have a proper pre-season with these tournaments. Do you know there are backgrounds,  logos and cup logos available for these tournaments?

1 hour ago, James McBride said:

Great Work!! thank you

No problems James. It took a while to make it work properly for random teams but got there in the end. I have to be honest I prefer this version to the static one I did earlier. Sometimes you need to listen to other people and make some changes when needed. Once I tested it to the third season it still looked fresh. The static one might have got boring after 5 years in the game. But it's up to the individual I suppose. Hope you enjoy.

8 hours ago, OllieDrew said:

No problems James. It took a while to make it work properly for random teams but got there in the end. I have to be honest I prefer this version to the static one I did earlier. Sometimes you need to listen to other people and make some changes when needed. Once I tested it to the third season it still looked fresh. The static one might have got boring after 5 years in the game. But it's up to the individual I suppose. Hope you enjoy.

u-17 european championship, don't you feel a strange need of creating it ? :cool:

• 1 month later...

This is a great addition to the game. The only issue I have with it is that it is classified as a formal tournament rather than a friendly one, so it adds to the official records. For example when I play some 16 year old kids they get official debuts and become the clubs youngest ever players. 

It also means I have to manage the games as opposed to leaving them to the assistant.

Is there a way of converting it to a friendly tournament?

On 14/01/2017 at 09:03, Walrus said:

This is a great addition to the game. The only issue I have with it is that it is classified as a formal tournament rather than a friendly one, so it adds to the official records. For example when I play some 16 year old kids they get official debuts and become the clubs youngest ever players. 

It also means I have to manage the games as opposed to leaving them to the assistant.

Is there a way of converting it to a friendly tournament?

The reason I have had to make this a top level tournament rather than just pre -friendly is because of the attendances in relation to the prize money. When I was creating this file and tested it under just friendly rules the attendances were very poor. For example Real Madrid v Barcelona at the Ohio Stadium would only attract an attendance of around 20,000 in pre-season friendly rules when it has the capacity of nearly 100.000. When moving the trophies to a high level the attendances move up to nearly sold out depending on the teams playing and the time of the fixture. Otherwise the prize money does not become realistic to the attendances for each game. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After 17.3 patch I have seen some little problems, never had a problem like this in previous patch

There is a duplicated in the list of competition winners and award winners

58c9b053eb588_InternationalChampionsCup_HistoryPastWinners.thumb.png.4b56da7b4b890e3d915d55f3d6be2dc0.png58c9b098495c5_InternationalChampionsCup_AwardsAwardWinners.thumb.png.2dc694eda88023e319a1d6a26b86768c.png

And it also affects in the history of the club, for example PSG, they have won the International Champions Cup twice in same year.

58c9b0c4b9613_ParisSaint-Germain_HistoryCompetitions.thumb.png.1f2ac9bffe50a00551402fd1bb1aa6e2.png

Forget my post above, already found a solution, that was completely my mistake, There are 2 of The International Champions Cup.fmf files in my editor data folder.
those 2 files are the original version of International champions cup and the other is International Champions Cup New Version.
i realized after i get same teams participating in international champions cup every year, then i remove the original version, and my problem above regarding duplicated winner lists are gone, and everything is working well now. :thup:

• 7 months later...

Archived