Re-writing the script

mikelfc8

I mean the actual script, not the non-existent one that conspiracy theorists claim determines the outcome of all their poorly-managed losses.

I am interested in the one for press conferences, team talks, player interactions all of those things that feel as though we have been repeating ourselves for about a thousand years now.

I would like to suggest that SI sheds a little light on how these interactions are implemented in game and provides the scripts (if that is actually how it is done) in a handy format for review. Let the community in on what has to considered, what restrictions there may be on types, numbers of responses etc. and then open it out to all of us who are interested to suggest re-wording the scripts and/or re-structuring the process.

Personally, I would find the creative process much easier to engage if provided with something like a Word document of the existing script, rather than trying to work from the various fragmented instances from the game itself. However, I have no idea if this is realistic or possible.

It could be a really interesting, inclusive and communal project and could help keep the game feeling fresh. Or am I the only language-nerd who'd enjoy having a go?

Or get rid of them altogether.  It is just a formula which has been the same for last few years. I let my assistant handle them otherwise several times a week I have to go through the monotony of answering the same questions, the same way, to placate my players/fans accordingly. Leaving to the assistant is annoying because they sometimes give answers which negatively affect players/fans. But doing it oneself is like answering a multiple choice exam where you have cheated and know the answer format before seeing the questions. 

I would like more interactive conversations based on my actions, but it should go further in being based on squad personality, chairman traits and fans expectations. i.e. if I'm Chelsea I should be able to direct my players to dive and foul a lot. They should then react positively because that is their mentality. and the fans should love my approach...but the media should be on my case about it. If I'm Arsenal however, and I'm asking my team to do this sort of thing, they should feedback that they are unwilling, because they are professionals and have a moral code of conduct... and my fans should lambast me and demand proper football. And if I don't listen the players should hand in requests or the chairman should put pressure on me etc.

[obviously my example is tongue-in-cheek]

I agree with how stale many of the interactions have become and I do like your example. It is a shame that we cannot experience some element of the darker side of real football but I can understand why (BRING BACK THE 'ARSE' COMMAND:D).

It may well be the case that re-structuring the whole thing is the best way forward, and SI may have plans. But if that isn't the case I'd like to see it opened out.

Last time i raised an issue on this i got blasted for my own thoughts.  I don't mind some interactions but there are some interactions that feel like your running for presidency and feel like the campaign won't come to an end.  All i asked was to have them shortened at the very least but NO people started complaining to me. 

It's a game not an exam.

I can see why we see mostly the same question over and over. But some of them are very annoying. 

I have this one in my current save, journalist telling me that my fan are happy that i give chance to youngster and if it's part of my policy. It's quite a cool question to answer but every week is a bit much xD.

• 1 month later...

Archived