[FM16] RB Leipzig - Test Tube To Traditionsverein?

davehibb

17 minutes ago, LPQR said:

Kaiser scoring against Madrid at Bernabeu, how sweet is that!

Yeah, amazing for the fairy tale story aspect of the save. Scoring the clinching goal against Bayern to lift the Super Cup earlier in the season too!

Here's the screenie of Burke. His physicals have improved more than I'd originally thought after getting game time at the end of last season with Frankfurt and then starting for us at right midfield this season.

T4PofcW.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UCL Group G - Gameday 6.

UCL_P5_Group.png

It's all to play for!

We're already assured of a place in the Europa League but if we can beat Real in the Red Bull Arena, or get a point coupled with a PSG loss at home to Olympiacos (highly unlikely), we'll go through to the knockout stages.

UCL Group G - Gameday 6 Updates.

RB Leipzig kepper Timo Horn makes a world class save to deny Karim Benzema after just 30 seconds! The game settles down a little after that and Selke forces a smart save from Navas after 20 minutes of a tense, cagey affair.

26th minute - Marcel Halstenburg swings over a deep cross to the far post and Donis Avdijaj ghosts in for a tap in. 1-0 Leipzig!

Avdijaj_Goal.png

31st minute - Great double save by Horn! This time point blank from Ronaldo.

Real are pressing forward and Leipzig are now looking to spring forward on the counter.

45th minute - Half time. RB Leipzig lead 1-0.

EDIT: Latest score from Paris at half time is 1-1.

48th minute - Benzema hits the post. Big let off for Leipzig, as Real come out of the blocks fast again.

63rd minute - Oliver Burke replaces the shattered Emil Forsberg... PSG now leading 3-1. Leipzig need to hang on.

75th minute - Looks like Leipzig are getting ready to make another change.

77th minute - Kaiser looks knackered as he trudges off. Van Ginkel is his replacement.

81st minute - Disaster for Leipzig! Carvajal whips in a cross and Kempf puts it past his own keeper with Bernardo closing in.

kempf_og.png

Kitchen sink time!

82nd minute - Werner on for Hahn as Leipzig press forward.

85th minute - TOOOORRRR!!!! LEIPZIG!!!! No... It's been ruled out for a foul by Selke on Pepe. Looked to be very little in that as Timo Werner smashed home from close range but it's still 1-1.

I hate Pepe...

86th minute - To add insult to injury, Selke is booked too.

89th minute - Real are holding firm as Leipzig pour forward.

93rd minute - That's it! The ref blows his whistle. Final score is RB Leipzig 1, Real Madrid 1. Madrid top the group and Leipzig will go into the Europa League draw.

I do REALLY hate Pepe.

Two 1-1 draws with Real in the group. Orban scored an own goal at the Bernabeu and Kempf scored one tonight. :(

7 hours ago, davehibb said:

Yep disappointing but we might have a decent shout at progressing in the Europa league.

plenty of time left to make an impact in the CL. If anything else, a run in the EL can help a newly assembled squad mature and be more cohesive. I was stunned to find out these things actually matter and that apparently the game actually favors teams that have a first 11 that have played alongside each other for a long time. Give it time, transfers are not everything ;)

11 minutes ago, LPQR said:

plenty of time left to make an impact in the CL. If anything else, a run in the EL can help a newly assembled squad mature and be more cohesive. I was stunned to find out these things actually matter and that apparently the game actually favors teams that have a first 11 that have played alongside each other for a long time. Give it time, transfers are not everything ;)

They've actually expanded on this now, in 17 players have individual tactical familiarity, and may not pull up trees until they learn your systems.

12 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

They've actually expanded on this now, in 17 players have individual tactical familiarity, and may not pull up trees until they learn your systems.

is there anything relating to how familiar they are with each other apart from team cohesion/morale?

@davehibb sorry to spam your thread, mate :D

7 hours ago, LPQR said:

is there anything relating to how familiar they are with each other apart from team cohesion/morale?

@davehibb sorry to spam your thread, mate :D

Haha, no worries.

I'm not one for making wholesale changes to a squad and I do tend to do most of my first team transfer business in the first few years of a save and then it's mainly bringing through younger players.

I knew that players getting game time aided development and the higher rep the competition, it added a little bit more and of course that bringing lots of players in, reduces tactical familiarity but it's nice to see that a settled team might get a little 'cohesion' bonus as well. @_Daniel_ and I play Front Office Football 7 and cohesion gives your position groups and team overall a little bonus the higher it gets. It makes that decision to take out a veteran player for a younger prospect a little tougher.

Hinrunde 2016/17.

Champions League

UCL_Results.png

We were just minutes from a famous victory over Real and a place in the knockout stages but I think we certainly held our own, apart from the dismantling in Paris. Our reward is a Europa league tie against Ajax and should we progress, I think we face the winners of the Galatasary vs Barcelona clash. So perhaps we won't progress as much as I would like.

Domestic Competitions

Hinrunde_Domestic.png

We went on a great run after going out of the Champions League. 5 wins, no goals conceded and 13 goals scored. Timo Werner with 8 of them, really grabbing his chance with Selke being a little jaded. Dortmund simply outclassed us in gameday 1, which was a big let down after beating Bayern in the Super Cup. We had good wins against Schalke and Leverkusen, the latter has really fallen off the pace this year after losing Hernandez to Dortmund. The draw against Bayern was probably a fair result but I felt we could have nicked it. BMG seem to play us as well as anyone so far.

Hinrunde_Table.png

Selke is only 1 goal shy of his entire total from last year and Kaiser and Halstenburg have really stepped up this season. Horn has been immense at times and Hahn has done well for us too since his arrival.

20 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Terrible luck for Barca to be in your Europa progress chain, sparkling form in the league though!

If only they were!

We comfortably navigated the Ajax tie to astonishingly find Galatasary waiting for us in the next round!

That one didn't go well...

Winterpause.

I was called into a board meeting just before the winter break and was asked if I thought increasing the transfer budget would be a 'good idea'... Duh... An extra £25m or so was made available, giving me around £40m to spend. 

My main target was Arsenal's Granit Xhaka. Available for £13.5m, having not settled in London. A proven Bundesliga player with a little more passing range than Kimmich and also someone I could fit into our wage structure, as he wouldn't be asking for more than the £55k p/w that our current top earners are on.

However... He decided to join Southampton. Well, they did offer him an extra £22k p/w. I guess that beats the offer of Champions League football huh? Nevermind. He did insist on a non-negotiable £17.5m release clause from the very first round of contract talks.

2305517_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg
Can Donis Advijaj do enough after the winter break to earn a permanent move to Die Roten Bullen?

The idea of signing Xhaka was to give Kimmich a freer role in midfield and allow Kaiser to also push for the AMC slot and generally give us quality in our central midfield rotation. I haven't been blown away by Advijaj, whether he plays as a SS, T or AM at AMC and he only has half a season left of his loan in which to convince me to part with the £15m to make the move permanent. Pulisic is complaining about game time and I'm going to give him a run in the team. So again, I felt i needed to add some quality to our central midfield mix... And that meant raiding Gladbach once more.

Mahmoud Dahoud joined us in a £14m deal. The German U21 star will hopefully give us that quality and depth at MC and/or AMC as we look to push on towards the title after the winter break.

421065.jpg
Will the arrival of Dahoud help Leipzig to sustain their title challenge?

31 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Avdijaj is a weird one, can become great, but is usually quite unprofessional, reckon Dahoud might be a cracker of a deal, though!

seconded

Donis usually fares well in tight spaces in a 'pass into space' type of football. Really hard to get the best out of him, you need a lot of support around him to make use of his diminutive stature and technical ability

Dahoud is quality, DLP, RPM, AP, he's got them all covered and he's one for the future too :)

@BoxToBox @LPQR I think this might just make my decision on Advijaj a little easier...

Advijaj_Injury.png

I haven't terminated his loan just yet but I'm probably 95% certain to now.

He's netted 4 times and has 2 assists in 18(6) appearances this season with an Avg Rat of: 7.23

Pulisic has 3 goals and 4 assists from 16(5) at 7.26

And so far Dahoud has 1 goal and 3 assists in 4(4) at 7.24.

Europa League Update & Youth Intake Update (Or lack thereof).

Euorpa_League_Fixtures.png

We were comfortable home and away versus Ajax and were good value for our home win over Galatasaray but the return leg was a shocker. We just weren't at the races. We had 18 shots with just 2 on target. Galatasaray had 6 on target and scored with 3 of them. In all honesty, we were lucky to take it to extra time but they picked us off in what was our poorest performance of the season.

Disappointing as we would have got Liverpool in the quarter finals. :(

On to our youth intake... Which was worse than our performance in Istanbul. A big disappointment after a decent one in the first season. It's that crap, it's not worth the time it would take to do a screenie.

I'd probably say bye bye to Advijaj at this point.

Disappointing not to get to face Liverpool in the quarters, just a bad day at the office!

Shame about the youth intake, not even one diamond in the rough?

1 minute ago, _Daniel_ said:

I'd probably say bye bye to Advijaj at this point.

Disappointing not to get to face Liverpool in the quarters, just a bad day at the office!

Shame about the youth intake, not even one diamond in the rough?

Yeah, we've stuttered a little since going out and we have Bayern up next in a real six pointer at the top of the table.

And no, not even the roughest of rough diamonds. Well maybe I'm being a tad harsh. This is the best of the intake by some margin.

Kante.png

Infact, he looks half decent. He's good a good personality at least. :D

5 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Hmm, I'd have chucked Avdijaj now, damn shame.

Jante doesn't look bad, though he needs work.

5 minutes ago, LPQR said:

Kante looks fantastic!

He needs a lot of work on his mentals but here's hoping.

10 minutes ago, LPQR said:

here's me being obvious again, but... Tutoring! :) over and over again

Tutoring will only grow Determination, and hidden attributes, but the rest will grow over time anyway. In this case it's slightly tricky as you need someone who's already Professional and has high determination.

Title Run In!

League Table

table_run_in.png

Two matchdays to go.

Bayern

bayern_fixtures.png

Red Bull Leipzig

rbl_fixtures.png

Squeaky Bum Time!

Schalke are 6th and previous most hated club in the Bundeslia, Hoffenheim are 7th. So two tough away trips for us there. Wolfsburg are 12th with nothing to play for and Ingolstadt are 17th and will likely already be relegated by the time the head to Bavaria. Could go right down to the wire!

1. Bundesliga Gameday 33.

10 minutes - Robert Lewandowski puts Bayern 1-0 up away to Wolfsburg.

20 minutes - Still 0-0 in the main game between Leipzig and Hoffenheim.

22 minutes - Wonderful save by Baumann from Burke's volley at a corner.

28 minutes - PENALTY! Orban brings down Romero in the box and is booked. Lucky not to get a red there.

29 minutes - Amiri steps up... SAVED!!! Horn dives to his right and holds on. A poor penalty by Amiri.

32 minutes - Werner hits the post from Halstenberg's cross.

34 minutes - GOAL! Philipp scores for Hoffenheim from a set piece. Werner's miss looks costly now.

35 minutes - PENALTY! To Leipzig this time! Philipp who just put Hoffenheim into the lead, felled Pulisic in the box. Kaiser steps up against his former team...  An coolly slots it into the bottom corner 1-1.

kaiser_pen_hoffenheim.png

38 minutes - Wonderful save by Baumann from Burke again!

45 minutes - Pulisic! Puts it wide, great chance and there's the half time whistle. Leipzig 1 Hoffenheim 1. Still 1-0 to Bayern in the other game.

1. Bundesliga Gameday 33.

53 minutes - Kaiser leaves Baumann rooted to the spot but his 25 yard free kick flashes wide.

60 minutes -  Still Bayern leading 1-0 in the other game.

66 minutes - Hahn off, Selkie on for Red Bull. Werner will go out to the left.

67 minutes - A Heintz o.g. puts Bayern 2-0 up at Wolfsburg.

75 minutes - Poulsen on for Burke. The game is getting cagey now after the rip roaring first half... Then Leipzig go to sleep at a free kick and Shipplock fires into the roof of the net! 2-1 Hoffenheim!

77 minutes - Dahoud on, Kimmich off.

87 minutes - Shipplock! That would have sealed it but he blazed high and wide. Leipzig breathe again.

90+3 minutes - And there's the final whistle. Hoffenheim 2 Leipzig 1. Leipzig had 21 shots to Hoffenheim's 8 and 10 on target to Hoffenheim's 5.

Ughh... Ingolstadt at least have something to play for. They're lying in 17th but could go up to 14th with a win. I think a draw away to Schalke will give us the title, unless Bayern win by 5 goals. Hmmm... If we draw 0-0 and Bayern win 5-0, we will have identical records, goals scored and goals against. We drew 1-1 twice in the league. I wonder what the tie breaker would be? A playoff?

8 hours ago, _Daniel_ said:

Nail biting! 

Yep! Not doing that again for the final league game. It'll be quick and dirty. :D

8 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Hopefully not alphabetical order....

Hahaha. :D Would be weird if it happened but hopefully we can get the job done.

Ruckrunde.

ruckrunde_fixtures.png

We avenged our opening day defeat at Dortmund with a confident performance to kick things off after the winter break. Stuttgart's FMing of us (5 shots with 2 on target to our 29 and 7) in the Pokal was the only blemish really until we crashed out of the Europa League, then things got a little shaky. Just like last year, Davie Selkie was red hot in the opening set of fixtures but went totally off the boil after the break. Thankfully Werner was able to step in and keep the goals coming.

Defeat at home to Augsburg and away at Hoffenheim meant that only a win on the final day would guarantee the title and we had a tough trip to Schalke to navigate in order to do just that. I couldn't cope with another live comm... It was all beginning to feel like Liverpool a few seasons back...

Schalke_Title.png
But in true Brenton Rodgers style, the lads showed incredible character to secure the win and the title!

Final Standings

Ruckrunde_Table.png
Die Roten Bullen are CHAMPIONS!!!

In related news, Neverkusen had to survive the relegation playoff to ensure their Bundesliga status, but they did with the Pokal.

Fairy Tale Watch

TSG+1899+Hoffenheim+v+RB+Leipzig+Bundesl

So, just to recap... :D

Score in the Bundesliga... Check!
Lift some silverware (Super Cup)... Check!
Score in the Champions League against Real at the Bernabeu... Check!
Become the club's all time leader in appearances (against former club and scored too... Though we did lose)... Check!
Lift Bundesliga trophy... CHECK!!!

Not bad so far... :)

Kaiser is 28, so I'm hoping we can win the Pokal and perhaps the Champions League in the next 3 or 4 years before he declines. Even taking penalties and free kicks, I doubt he'll get anywhere near Frahn's club record of 85 goals (Kaiser is on 28). Of course I'd love him to become an RBL Icon or Legend too!

End Of Season Notes.

I won both manager of the year awards and Hahn and Orban made it into the Bundesliga team of the year too. I turned down the chance to interview for the Valencia, Napoli and Neverkusen vacancies. I forgot to mention earlier that we agreed a deal to bring in Mexican youngster, Hirving Lozano on a Bosman. He looks like he can do the traditional winger role on the right as well as the wide midfielder, come inside forward on the left for us and gives us a nice pool of wide men, along with Hahn, Burke, Forsberg and Poulsen.

Lozano.png

This will also be a good thing... No loans needed... Obviously. ;)

Stadium.png

Archived