Club Legend/Icons/Favoured Personnel

Does anyone know what the prerequisite is to get yourself elevated from Favoured Personnel? I know it would be relative to the club in question, but it seems a little odd to me.
I know that simply winning the Premiership with Man united wouldn't be enough to make you a club icon or legend, but it COULD be enough for at least a temporary tenure on the favoured personnel list.
I ask because in my current save with Shahrdari Bandar Abbas (you know, that huge Iranian club everyone knows) I have gotten back to back promotions and won the Persian Gulf League in just my second season in the top league. Yet I have only just made the favoured personnel list, whereas a couple of my players have made it to icon status after the first promotion.
Furthermore, the team were only formed in 2006 and their real life highest finish was 3rd in the second tier.
Perhaps I am expecting too much, but leading a team to their first top division title after only existing 13 years would surely leave me at icon level at least?

You probably need to be consistent with those kinds of results for a longer period of time. Icons and legends are those players/managers that would make your father or grandfather and all subsequent generations in the next 20 years all warm and fuzzy inside.

Think Alex Ferguson after 10 years, not Jose Mourinho after 3 years.

Really depends on the club and there might be some behind the scenes random.

With Chicago on FM16 I was on the favoured personnel list after one season (2030ish) winning the Supporters Shield.  The following season I won the Supporters Shield again & the NACL but it took a 3rd Supporters Shield in a row to lift me to Icon.  Whats worth noting here is I didn't win the MLS Cup in any of the three seasons while the League (Shield) isn't as highly rated as the MLS Cup (Kinda like the Superbowl for football).

In terms of players in that time one midfielder made the Icon list before me while 5/6 others were on the favoured list and they weren't always the ones I would have picked.

EDIT

If there are a few people in each list you can actually see people/yourself moving up & down the list, when you get to the top of favoured personnel you are close to switching to the bottom of the Icon list etc.

2 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

Really depends on the club and there might be some behind the scenes random.

With Chicago on FM16 I was on the favoured personnel list after one season (2030ish) winning the Supporters Shield.  The following season I won the Supporters Shield again & the NACL but it took a 3rd Supporters Shield in a row to lift me to Icon.  Whats worth noting here is I didn't win the MLS Cup in any of the three seasons while the League (Shield) isn't as highly rated as the MLS Cup (Kinda like the Superbowl for football).

In terms of players in that time one midfielder made the Icon list before me while 5/6 others were on the favoured list and they weren't always the ones I would have picked.

EDIT

If there are a few people in each list you can actually see people/yourself moving up & down the list, when you get to the top of favoured personnel you are close to switching to the bottom of the Icon list etc.

I live in Chicago and let me say I'm totally okay with you becoming an icon if you could get us even one trophy haha

I'm not sure exactly how it works but I like the fact that it's not set in stone.

I won the Championship in my first season with Cardiff, although went out early in the cups to Arsenal and Man U, and I made the favourites list, along with 4 players. Almost Xmas the following season and we're doing great and in the top 4 in the EPL. I'm still in the fav list but have moved above two of the three players that were higher than me.

Not sure what it'll take to get me to 'icon' status but if we keep performing well it might not be long.

I always thought the lists were in a random order, so it's interesting to hear otherwise. I'm going to see how I perform this season and see whether I move up into the Icons list, at current I am 2nd on the Favoured Personnel list, so I imagine it won't be long before I move onwards.

Yeah, I thought the list was in a random order too until Cougar posted above.
So then I checked with the in-game editor and he's right.

According to the editor, I'm on 83%, same as Fossum. Then follows Craig Noone (80%), Andre Horta (70%) and Andreas Cornelius (61%).
In the list, Fossum is top, followed by me, Noone, Horta and Cornelius so it is in order.

Mayke is on 49% but has 'permanent' ticked, I think due to him being Player of the Season, so he's in the icons list. Interestingly, if I untick 'permanent', he not only loses his icon status, he disappears completely. From that I figured out that only players with 50%+ will make the favourites list, then tested that theory and it's true.

I played around with the numbers using the editor to see what is needed to make each list and here are the results:
Favourites: 50% minimum, all the way up to 100%
Icons: Any percentage up to 99% but must have 'permanent' ticked
Legends: Has to be 100% and permanent

What I don't know is how much results/performances affect the %age or what exactly is needed to get 'permanent'. I do think it's a lot easier for players to rise up the lists than it is for the manager though.

Archived