Impact of Adaptability

I understand that a player can have low adaptability and that moving to a different country can impact performance.  Is there a way to get an indication how much of an issue this is?  More importantly, from that will a player be comfortable in a place given enough time?

I could see language proficiency being the big thing and if a player is fluent in the language of a country, then maybe adaptability is not much of an issue?  Not sure if this is the case though.  Just finding wonderkids that my scouts say have poor adaptability but if given enough time it's less of an issue I might be willing to pull the trigger and invest in the player!

Thanks!

From my experience its a very black & white area.

They either settle and act like any other player or they don't which gives them an unhappy tag leading to lower morale/poorer performances and in more extreme situations conversations/missing training etc.

Its almost like rolling a dice when they join.

EDIT

As herne has said above they can settle over time, you can give them leave, sign more players from there country etc.  Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't.

One example I remember was managing in the Swedish lower leagues I signed a fantastic Danish MC on a bosman he was 4* CA with 5* PA, 23yo, virtually the perfect player for me.  He got homesick, I gave him a month off, he came back was ok for a while them was homesick again.  I think I gave him three or four holidays in two years but each time the homesickness came back and I was forced to let him go.

Thats a very extreme example but generally I try to stay away from these type of players now.

30 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

From my experience its a very black & white area.

They either settle and act like any other player or they don't which gives them an unhappy tag leading to lower morale/poorer performances and in more extreme situations conversations/missing training etc.

Its almost like rolling a dice when they join.

EDIT

As herne has said above they can settle over time, you can give them leave, sign more players from there country etc.  Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't.

One example I remember was managing in the Swedish lower leagues I signed a fantastic Danish MC on a bosman he was 4* CA with 5* PA, 23yo, virtually the perfect player for me.  He got homesick, I gave him a month off, he came back was ok for a while them was homesick again.  I think I gave him three or four holidays in two years but each time the homesickness came back and I was forced to let him go.

Thats a very extreme example but generally I try to stay away from these type of players now.

This is pretty much the same experience I have, although if it's a remarkably good player on a remarkably good deal, I'll take the gamble. Otherwise if they've got the "would struggle to adapt to another country" remark on their scout report, they're not worth it for me.

Archived