[Discussion] Does FM need more data visualisation?

Powermonger

I've been looking into data visualisation recently and FM, it got me thinking that there is a lot of information in FM that could be presented as more interesting graphics or charts. 

As examples just on the transfer market:

8aaf3710736487.560ea765adc76.png

2e59a410736487.560ea7085a332.png

bb312110736487.560ea8eb0dac9.png

chartoftheday_3208_Premier_League_tops_J

chartoftheday_2653_The_Premier_Leagues_R

full-picuture.png

Anyway you get the gist, but other parts of the game that could do with more data visualisation are team statistics, training, match statistics and data.

How do others feels, do you think FM could be making more use of data visualisation and infographics to add more visual punch to the game?

Agreed! I think FM often does a good job telling us things, but all too often just lists said things in block paragraph form, leaving me to usually sort through the spreadsheets of sorted data myself for a clearer picture.

7 hours ago, Weston said:

Agreed! I think FM often does a good job telling us things, but all too often just lists said things in block paragraph form, leaving me to usually sort through the spreadsheets of sorted data myself for a clearer picture.

Yes, in the age of infographic dashboards and data visualisation, FM has a lot of potential to allow looking at it's data beautiful, instead of just text lists.

For instance, the Team Comparison page that lets you compare how your team ranks for various attributes and statistics with other teams in your league, instead of just numbers and ranks, why not display this as a series of bar charts or coxcomb charts etc? Or even present this like the staff screen where it compares shows how they rate compare to other staff in the league?

• 3 months later...

Archived