Europe's Top 12 Leagues - Challenge

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After starting with a semi pro profile, I got the job of Numancia. with a transfer budget of 2.4m and a media prediction of 18th. So I knew I would have to improve the squad as much as possible.

Transfer Window

Andrei Margaritescu (Free)- http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/AndreiMrgritescuProfile.png

Benjamin Nicaise (300k) - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/BenjaminNicaiseProfile.png

Pieter Collen (525k) - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/PieterCollenProfile.png

Maciej Iwanski (850k) - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/MaciejIwanskiProfile.png

Markel Susaeta (Loan) - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/MarkelSusaetaProfile.png

And the season starts with at home to R.Madrid, always love an easy first game...

After starting with a semi pro profile, I got the job of Numancia. with a transfer budget of 2.4m and a media prediction of 18th. So I knew I would have to improve the squad as much as possible.

Transfer Window

Andrei Margaritescu (Free)- http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/AndreiMrgritescuProfile.png

Benjamin Nicaise (300k) - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/BenjaminNicaiseProfile.png

Pieter Collen (525k) - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/PieterCollenProfile.png

Maciej Iwanski (850k) - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/MaciejIwanskiProfile.png

Markel Susaeta (Loan) - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/MarkelSusaetaProfile.png

And the season starts with at home to R.Madrid, always love an easy first game...

Iwanski is a good player, I toyed with signing him, but had to decide against it in the end. Just cannot justify another attacking midfielder.

2007/08 Update

I got the Dinamo Buc. job right at the start of the season. I started off by straight away winning the Supercup in a fine display. After this I went 10 games before finally losing. Throughout the season I had varying form but won most of my games. In Europe I went out in the qualifying rounds. I also went out at the first hurdle in the Cup. After the 11th game of the season I was top where I would remain for the rest of the season. I won the league with a game to spare and ended up 7 points clear at the top of the table.

Transfers

In

Simone Del Nero (£1m, Lazio) - 24 Apps 1 Goal 2 Assists 1 MOM

Laszlo Hadnagy (£400k, FC Brasov) - 15 Apps 7 Goals 2 Assists 1 MOM

Igor Stefanovic (£110k, Radnicki) - 15 Apps 11 Conc 8 Cleansheets 1 MOM

Distel Zola (£300k, Monaco) - 10 Apps 1 Goal 2 Assists

Out

1 loanee

1 Sold before I joined club

Bogdan Lobont - £5m Sporting CP

Career

2007/08 - Dinamo Bucharest - Liga 1 1st.

Honours

Club

2008 Romanian Liga 1 Winners

2007 Romanian Supercup Winners

Personnal

2008 Romanian Manager of the Year Winner

1 Romanian Manager of the Month.

well done blowcrapup!

so thats the romanian league down, plan to move on right away?

im at the half way point of the season myself at the moment. Dnipro are 4th, we have dropped too many points in wasteful draws! Whats worse though, is i now have 2 strikers with broken legs, Sergey Samodin is now my only first team striker. i suppose its a good thing that i tend to play with one up front. Europe has been more sucessful though, got through to the UEFA cup group. My group will be tough, but im here for the experience more than anything....

Benfica

Fenerbahce

Twente

Monaco

Will do a proper update at the end of the season

well done blowcrapup!

so thats the romanian league down, plan to move on right away?

im at the half way point of the season myself at the moment. Dnipro are 4th, we have dropped too many points in wasteful draws! Whats worse though, is i now have 2 strikers with broken legs, Sergey Samodin is now my only first team striker. i suppose its a good thing that i tend to play with one up front. Europe has been more sucessful though, got through to the UEFA cup group. My group will be tough, but im here for the experience more than anything....

Benfica

Fenerbahce

Twente

Monaco

Will do a proper update at the end of the season

I think I may stay for a season to have a go at Europe and the Cup as I did badly in both. If any big jobs pop up next season I might be tempted but I'll just have to see.

Its crap about the strikers though for you. I had a massive problem with discipline as many of my squad had bans for getting 8 yellow cards. I also had a game where the team I was playing had their keeper sent off then had another player sent off straight away after that.

Good luck with Europe. :thup:

I think I may stay for a season to have a go at Europe and the Cup as I did badly in both. If any big jobs pop up next season I might be tempted but I'll just have to see.

Its crap about the strikers though for you. I had a massive problem with discipline as many of my squad had bans for getting 8 yellow cards. I also had a game where the team I was playing had their keeper sent off then had another player sent off straight away after that.

Good luck with Europe. :thup:

My striker luck gets worse, just lost my 3rd and final striker, he's only out for 1-2 weeks, but it leaves me with nobody for the game away to Dinamo Kiev...

The plus point though....

His injury came in by far and away my best result/preformance so far... Dnipro 3-1 Benfica

Goal Scorers for Dnipro

Lysytskyi

Samodin (while carrying his injury :))

Rotan

The result was made all the better by the fact that we completly battered them! 25 shots on goal, 20 on target! Should have been 7 or 8 really, Benfica goalkeeper got a rating of 9 and MOM

My Reputation is now up to World Class. I keep thinking I'm going to have a problem with Russia and Ukraine as if any jobs other than the top ones do come free they might not take ma as my Rep is too high. So I may have to wait until the Shakatar/Dinamo Kiev or the Spartek/CSKA Moscow jobs come up before I move.

My luck with strikers is now bordering on ridiculous!

two have broken legs, and now my last striker is out for 3 months with a hip injury!

Ruslan Rotan has been doing ok as a stand in striker, and has scored some very important goals. but he is still a player playing out of position.

Currently at the winter break here in Ukraine, we are 4th in the league. its a lack of goals (or is it a lack of strikers to score the goals?) that has contributed to a very average season, we are only the 8th highest scorers in the league. our 24 goals in 18 games is awful when you compare it to Dinamo Kiev who have scored 50 in 18 games!

Its all the more frustrating, as we were able to beat Kiev one nil away, and were very unlucky to lose our home game by the same score. Over both games, i think we have been the better team by a good margin, yet they have been able to consistantly beat the weak/midtable teams without fail. This is where my Dnipro side have fallen down, silly points dropped against average sides.

The aim for the 2nd half of the season is to push the top teams as hard as possible, although i think we are too far behind to challenge for the title even if we win all 12 remaining games. I think the current team is good enough to challenge next season, but we really need better luck with injurys. Our first choice striker has only been fit for 4 league games this season, in which he managed 3 goals; if he had not had his leg broken then maybe we would be in with a shout of the championship. Im hoping he will be fit by the end of the winter break, but i will be signing strikers anyway i think!

Our european campaign has gone much better, after that excelent win over Benfica, we were unlucky to go down 2-1 away at Fenerbahce. Next came Twente at home, we were 3-0 up in the game, but almost threw it away at the death, luckly it ended 3-2 to us! The 4th match, away at Monaco was a bit of a no contest, with a midfielder upfront we hardly had a shot on goal, and lost 2-0. Just soundly beaten by a better team. After that preformance i think my players need their mid season break! So after all we finished 2nd in the group, so through to the last 32!

The draw for the last 32 gave us Palermo!!! Has to go down as a tough draw, but who knows, i will try and add quality in january, and maybe we can put in a preformance similar to the Benfica game!

2008/09 Update

I decided to stick with Dinamo Buc, partly because I wanted to win the Cup as well but also because no top jobs became available. Started off on the right foot as we won the Supercup again. Performed well in the league until the last several games when our form started to stutter but we came out on top. On the Cup front we went out to main rivals in the 4th round. In the Champions League we did badly. Getting drawn in a group with Barcelona, PSV and Bordeaux finishing anywhere but bottom was near impossible.

Transfers

In

Francisco Duran (Liverpool, Free)

Scott Arfield (Falkirk, £2.1M)

Papa Gueye (Metalist, £3.2m)

Tevfik Kose (Leverkusen, £275k) <---- Looks good for lower Rep leagues.

Out

No One Possibly Well Known

Career

2008/09 - Dinamo Bucharest - Liga 1 1st.

Honours

Club

Romanian Liga 1 Winners - 2008,2009

Romanian Supercup Winners - 2007,2008

Personnal

Romanian Manager of the Year Winner - 2008,2009

3 Romanian Manager of the Months.

Looking to move to another League now possible Ukraine as Dynamo Kiev Manager is doing badly.

Guest roberto922

I'm loading up a game atm, I've loaded all 12 countries on minimum specs due to my dads crap pc, I'm looking to start out in Spain.

Right then... here we go...

Robbie "God" Fowler makes his first forays into management...

Started with the Russian starting date, with international footballer status...

Had to choose between Rapid and Dinamo Bucharest after my rejection from Bayern and Barca...

Dinamo are top of the league, and still in the cup... easy choice in the end...

My first game is a bit of a grudge match. Cup quarter-final vs Rapid...

Guest roberto922

17 February 2008 - Say hello to the new manager of PSV. We're 2 points off league leaders Feyenoord and still in the Champions League

Right then... here we go...

Robbie "God" Fowler makes his first forays into management...

Started with the Russian starting date, with international footballer status...

Had to choose between Rapid and Dinamo Bucharest after my rejection from Bayern and Barca...

Dinamo are top of the league, and still in the cup... easy choice in the end...

My first game is a bit of a grudge match. Cup quarter-final vs Rapid...

Good luck with Dinamo but you need to be careful if you don't leave. All though my second season I had to fight with players wanting to leave. WhenI'd gone they lost about 12 players.

Dnipro 2008/09 - 4th

Finished 4th in the end with Dnipro as expected after a poor first half of the season, lost in the UEFA cup 1st knockout round to Palermo, beat them 1-0 at home, but went down 4-0 in Italy with Amauri running the show!

My first choice striker Ionut Mazuli did recover from his broken leg to play all but two of our matches after the winter break, proved his worth by scoring 10 goals in 10 league games. Cant help thinking what could have been if he'd been fit all season. Our goal scoring was helped by a move to 4-4-2 following the winter break , and also the signing of Israel international striker Itay Shechter who pitched in with 8 goals in 12 games.

Looking back, any championship challenge was lost early on, dropping silly points to poor teams, and also by not really capitalising after dominating the matches against Shakhtar and Dinamo.

Very unsure as to my future at the club now, the chairman has just sold Sergiy Nazarenko to Shakhtar, for 6.5m. while that isnt a terrible price, it leaves me one Ukrainian player short, in a league where there must be atleast 4 Ukrainian players on the pitch at any one time. The sale is made all the worse by the fact that the club just dont need the money. Also, i was originaly given 70% of the transfer fee to add to my budget, increasing it to a pretty decent 9.6m... but when the time came for the board to ask my expectations for the coming season, they slashed the budget to 4.5m - despite me aiming to win the league!

If i stay at Dnipro i can see a very long season of players wanting to leave right left and centre! Jimenez, Ferreyra, Gomez, Mendoza & Mazilu have all been the subject of bids and enquirys... its only a matter of time before my genious chairman decides to sell Jimenez for 8 million or something. Dnipro just cannot attract or afford a replacement of the same quality!

Simple fact is, the current XI can challenge for the league this coming season (assuming no more broken legs!), however if the board decide to ofload anyone... we wont have a chance, the replacements just arent there!

Ok... 1st season finished:

We won the league easily in the end, 7 points clear of Cluj (but they drew and lost in their last two games)

Went out of the cup in the semis to Poli 1921. We won 1 - 0 away but they came to us when we were in poor form, and won 2 - 0 with a dubious penalty and an offside goal...

Now I'm looking for a new job.. saved the game and am going to try and unsettle as many other under-pressure managers as possible with decent jobs...

Roll of Honour:

Continental reputation...

Romanian title 07//08

Desided to resign from Dnipro in the end after my chairman went and sold my No.1 striker Ionut Mazilu.

They expect me to win the league, but sell two of my best players in pre season, two players which i really cannot attract suitable replacements for.

I think this is only the tip of the iceburg aswell, Jimenez, Ferreyra, Gomez and Mendoza could all well be on their way out sooner rather than later. Half the squad wants to move to bigger clubs, and there is no shortage of offers!

So Ukraine has to go down as a failier! Cannot work under these conditions!!!

I'm struggling to find a new job... reloaded after being fired for wh*ring myself to every club whose manager was insecure... rebuffed by all the decent ones. Now playing the waiting game..

seanefc - either start again or go somewhere else, come back and nab the Shakhtar job when it comes up...

Looks like I'm stuck in Romania for the forseeable future - going to stay here and hopefully keep winning until I can get a decent job elsewhere... Won the Super Cup (yippee!!) and my first two games in the league so not too disastrous. Plus, I haven't had to sell my best players and have brought a couple in

I only started at the beginning of the Russian season, though... May have to spend another season here I think

Thats it then as I was there from the start. I hate the massive break in January though. Then I went to Ukraine which has December and Jan off :(

Have restarted the game now...

went on holiday from February to June 2008, turning down several average jobs on the way...

then a great offer came along from Shakhtar!!!

budget for the season £117m!

crazy money, but atleast it should be fun! i'll be shot at dawn if i dont win the league mind you!

have invested in lots of players already, ive been buying all the players ive admired in other games, but for whatever reason couldnt get

Transfers In so far...

Luigi Bruins £5.5m

Theo Jansen £6.75m

Dimitry Torbinskiy £4.8m

Osmar Ferreyra £2.6m

Salvador Cabanas £7m

Luis Jimenez £2m

Andrey Arshavin £7.75m

Antoliy Tymoschuk £7.25m

Henok Goitom £6m

Sergiy Nazarenko £6m

Andriy Nesmachniy £4.8m

Kikin Fonseca £2.6m

a total of £63m.... crazy, but i suppose that is for 12 players

anyway, have played the first two matches of the season, two 4-0 wins.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Advocaat signed a new contract the day before the last one ran out... STILL STUCK IN ROMANIA!!!!!

Just a little frustrated

This is looking like an interesting challenge, and since I feel like playing a bit more FM08 at the moment, I think I will try this.

Game is currently loading up with mainly top divisions but 4 leagues have their next tier loaded just in case I cant get a job. Also starting in the Russia Feb 2008 start, since it makes more sense. Tried it 10 mins ago with Russia Feb 2007 and quickly realised my mistake when I had over 100 days to most league seasons.

Will take some screenshots, but probably wont post any unless I win a title somewhere. Will try and update regularly if I remember and actually stick at this challenge!

2009/10 Update

Started off well in the Ukraine. Won the Supercup there in first game for them. Had a poor season in the Cup going out in 2nd round of Cup. Managed to get to the 2nd Knock out round of UEFA Cup before going out to Porto. In the league we would have dominated if Dinamo Kiev hadn't matched us almost game for game. It was 8 games before we conceded in the league and only concede 8 all season. It goes with out saying we won the league but only on the last day.

Transfers

Career

2009/10 - Shakhtar Donetsk - Vyscha Liha 1st

Honours

Club

Ukrainian Vyscha Liha Winners - 2010

Ukrainian Supercup Winners - 2009

Personnal

2 down 10 to go.

Edit: Have movedon and after years of playing out in the sticks I've decided to hit the big leagues. I am now manager of AC Milan who finished 10TH last season.

OK... 2 seasons down

Won the League at a canter... with 3 games to go and eventually by 14 points. Also won the Romanian Cup. Europewise, got 3rd place in my CL group ahead of Spartak Moscow but behind Arsenal and Juve, then lost in the 2nd Knockout Round to Sunderland (eventual finalists). I am leaving this year - my contract is up. Dynamo Kiev are interested, and I might get the Lyon job - SAF is retiring at the end of the season (yes, he did choose to move to Lyon!!!)

Robbie Fowler's fledgeling managerial career continues...

Career:

07/08: Dinamo Bucharest

08/09: Dinamo Bucharest

Roll of Honour

2x Romanian Titles

1x Romanian Cups

1x Romanian Manager of the Year

?x Romanian Manager of the Month

World Class Reputation... and 8th on the all-time list of managers in Romania

2010/11 Update

With no Europe due to Milan's poor performance in the pre-Blowcrapup years I only had the League and the Cup to worry about. In the cup we managed to get to the semi-finals before losing 2-1 to Juve. In the league it went all the way to the wire. Going into the final game we were 3 points ahead of Inter who had a 4 goal advantage on goal difference. At half time we were 1 nil down before managing to win 2-1 to win the League a point ahead of Inter.

Transfers

Career

2010/11 - AC Milan - Serie A - 1st

Honours

Club

Italian Serie A Winners - 2011

Personnal

Italian Manager of the Year Winner

I am looking to stay a Milan for a godd few years though so it could be a while before I move on.

Won the French Ligue 1 with 3 games to go following a ten game winning streak, from Olympique Marseille. My signings included Andres D'Alessandro, Gasbaronni (who was insane) and Neri Cardozo initially, and I signed Hamsik and Bodmer to replace Jeremy Toulalan in January...

Also won the French Cup, beating PSG 1 - 0 in the final, but lost in the Champions' League 2nd Round to Arsenal

I resigned three days after winning the Cup, and almost immediately Benfica (Portuguese champions) offered me a contract to retain the title, which I gladly expected... £21 million to spend, but I don't really know what I need yet...

Career:

09/10: Olympique Lyonnais

10/11: ???

Roll of Honour

2x Romanian Titles

1x Romanian Cups

1x French Ligue 1

1x Coupe de France

?x French Manager of the Month

I've started this, professional footballer reputation, I've applied for all the availible jobs and declared interest in the under pressure jobs.

Overview:http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq214/avry_2008/EU%20challenge/WilliamAveryOverview.png

I was approached by Sheffield Wednesday who are just a slight bit ambitious: http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq214/avry_2008/EU%20challenge/WilliamAveryInbox-4.png

Lets see if I can win the Premier League with the Owls.... (highly unlikely)

2011/12 Update

Used my first season back in Europe to poor effect crashing out in the Group Stage of the Champions League although made it to the Quaterfinals in the UEFA before going out to Lazio. Lost in the Supercup as well. The league was a challenge with a massive running battle with Inter going on throughout the season with it coming down to the last game of the season. With me requiring Inter to lose due to their vastly supior Goal Difference I stood little chance. Inter won and I drew meaning for the first time in my career I hadn't won a league. I managed to get a saving grace though as I won the Cup - my first ever National Cup victory.

Transfers

No major departures but brought in Barcelona's Igao on a free and Messi for £38m (had to buy out contract)

Career

2011/12 - AC Milan - Serie A - 2nd

2010/11 - AC Milan - Serie A - 1st

Honours

Club

Leagues

Italian Serie A Winners - 2011

Italian Serie A Runners Up - 2012

Cups

Italian Cup Winners - 2012

Supercups

Italian SuperCup Runners Up - 2011

Personnal

Italian Manager of the Year Winner - 2011

I'm not bothering with screenshots anymore. Have started playing next season as Milan and have also been named England boss. I'm enjoying more than I thought in Italy and I have set myself the challenge of breaking Inter's hold on the league by winning back to back titles before I move on.

The league started badly, (by Benfica standards), drawing away at Porto (who can't even get third any more!) and losing against Nacional da Madeira in my fifth game. Didn't lose a game after that, and went on a winning run of 20 games that pretty much guaranteed me the title... Won it with one game to spare - Sporting pushed me all the way, but I won 1 - 0 in the last minute to clinch the title in front of my own fans. Beat Porto in the League Cup final, and Braga, who finished third, in the Cup Final. Also won the Super Cup at the beginning of the season, beating some rubbish team who had somehow won the cup the previous year... Pretty good season then, but I'm getting itchy feet already. Am about to resign, but have no idea of my next destination

Career:

09/10: Olympique Lyonnais

10/11: Benfica

11/12: ???

Roll of Honour

2x Romanian Titles

1x Romanian Cups

1x French Ligue 1

1x Coupe de France

?x French Manager of the Month

1x Portuguese Supertaca

1x Portuguese bwin Liga

1x Taca de Portugal

1x Taca da Liga

1x Portuguese Manager of the Year

3x Portuguese Manager of the Month

Thought that this needed a bit of bumping....

Anyway, am in March 2012 with Juve now, spent horrendous amounts of money, but my first team looks pretty sick now... Am seven points clear at the top of Serie A so far, with 12 games to go. Went out of the Italian Cup to Chievo, which was pretty embarassing... I won 3 - 1 away, so played my reserves at home and ended up losing 4 - 2 aet, going out on away goals. Still in the UEFA, got my 1st leg of the 3rd Knockout Round vs Palermo just coming up.

What do you think about the first team???

GK: Buffon

DL: Chiellini

DC: Criscito

DC: Skrtel

DR: Diogo

MC: Mikel

MC: Banega

AMR: dos Santos

AML: Guardado

AMC: Kaka

FC: Aguero

Subs include Ilsinho, Hutton, Armand Traore, d'Alessandro, Amauri, Kuranyi, Andrade, Sissoko...

Archived