Europe's Top 12 Leagues - Challenge

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012/13 Update

A poor season this year. I lost the supercup to Inter (god I hate them), went out of the cup in the semis to Juve. I did make it to the Semis of Champions League before losing to Liverpool. The league wasn't even close this year with Inter winning it with 3 games to spare.

Transfers

Bojan brought in for £38m.

Farfan on a free.

Coda on a free.

Career

2012/12 - AC Milan - Serie A - 2nd

2011/12 - AC Milan - Serie A - 2nd

2010/11 - AC Milan - Serie A - 1st

2009/10 - Shakhtar Donetsk - Vyscha Liha 1st

2008/09 - Dinamo Bucharest - Liga 1 1st.

2007/08 - Dinamo Bucharest - Liga 1 1st.

Honours

Club

Leagues

Italian Serie A Winners - 2011

Italian Serie A Runners Up - 2012, 2013

Ukrainian Vyscha Liha Winners - 2010

Romanian Liga 1 Winners - 2008,2009

Cups

Italian Cup Winners - 2012

Supercups

Ukrainian Supercup Winners - 2009

Romanian Supercup Winners - 2007,2008

Italian SuperCup Runners Up - 2011, 2012

Personnal

Italian Manager of the Year Winner - 2011

Romanian Manager of the Year Winner - 2008,2009

3 Romanian Manager of the Months.

Still with Milan as I want to end Inter's dominance (not looking likely) although most of Inter's key players are now over 30 with Imbramohvic approaching 32. Hopefully so this could be the year of my break through. I have brought in a quality regen at left back and have brought in Fabregas to replace Kaka who is 32 this season.

Robbie Fowler's fledgeling managerial career continues...

Just about squeaked the league in the end... Was comfortably clear until a loss at home to Inter with seven games to go destroyed morale and form. Had to win my last two games to guarantee the title, and after being 4 - 0 up at half time against Udinese I crept home 5 - 4. In the last game (away at Ascoli), I scored early on from a corner and went defensive (I was terrified), winning 1 - 0.

Career:

07/08: Dinamo Bucharest

08/09: Dinamo Bucharest

09/10: Olympique Lyonnais

10/11: Benfica

11/12: Juventus

12/13: ???

Roll of Honour

2x Romanian Titles

1x Romanian Cups

1x Romanian Manager of the Year

?x Romanian Manager of the Month

1x French Ligue 1

1x Coupe de France

?x French Manager of the Month

1x Portuguese Supertaca

1x Portuguese bwin Liga

1x Taca de Portugal

1x Taca da Liga

1x Portuguese Manager of the Year

3x Portuguese Manager of the Month

1x Serie A

1x Italian Manager of the Year

World Class Reputation... and 8th on the all-time list of managers in Romania, as well as being the 6th best English manager

No top jobs have come up.

I'm sticking with this as I'm not sure sure whether or not my laptop will be able to play FM09. If it can I'm going to do this challenge then. If it can't I'm going to stay with this challenge until January when I can afford a new laptop. Plus on average it takes about 3 days for me to do a season so I've roughly got 7 more seasons before FM09 is out anyway (5 if the demo works)

Just took over Dinamo Buc, after having Lokomotiv approach me. Everybody wants my players great.

I'll let you know how I'm getting on.

Edit: I've signed a one year contract, i only play to win everything then jump on to another country :)

I've played 12 games in the league winning 10 and drawing 2, scoring a massive 39 goals and conceeding 4.

I'm also top of my Champs League group beating PSV and Sporting, and losing to Real Madrid.

Will update half way through.

I'm also top of my Champs League group beating PSV and Sporting, and losing to Real Madrid.

If you win the Champions League then you'll be the first to do it. I think most people start in Romania is because with the Weegie update and international rep its the easiest to get a job in due its low rep.

Robbie Fowler's managerial career continues...

Won the league in the end with a game to go, holding off Real Madrid, who I played six times over the season. They knocked me out in the semi-final of the Copa del Rey, but I beat them in the CL, as well as Arsenal in the semis and Benfica in the final.

Career:

07/08: Dinamo Bucharest

08/09: Dinamo Bucharest

09/10: Olympique Lyonnais

10/11: Benfica

11/12: Juventus

12/13: Barcelona

13/14: ???

Roll of Honour

2x Romanian Titles

1x Romanian Cups

1x Romanian Manager of the Year

?x Romanian Manager of the Month

1x French Ligue 1

1x Coupe de France

?x French Manager of the Month

1x Portuguese Supertaca

1x Portuguese bwin Liga

1x Taca de Portugal

1x Taca da Liga

1x Portuguese Manager of the Year

3x Portuguese Manager of the Month

1x Serie A

1x Italian Manager of the Year

1x La Liga

1x UEFA Champions' League

1x Spanish Manager of the Year

World Class Reputation... and 8th on the all-time list of managers in Romania, as well as being the 2nd best English manager

• 4 weeks later...

anyone still playing this?

ive given up on my idea of starting a career in the lower leagues.

starting the game up now, planning to start professional reputation and get a decent midtable job...

starting at Shakhtar in my last attempt was almost too easy to be enjoyable, so hoping for a team just below that

have loaded Argentina and Brazil leagues aswell, just encase i fancy a change at some point

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just starting this up now with the top divisions in all countries except England, Italy, Spain, France and Germany where I'm going down to level 2 as well. I'll start with Professional experience, will update in a little while with which club I'm starting at.

Archived