How effective is the Roaming Playmaker?

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 16:19, sherifdinn_ said:

A question please, is the roaming playmaker effectively good in defending?

I'd agree with skrew here the RPM is not reliable as a defender, obviously he roams so is liable to be caught out of position, especially against more direct opposition.

I use 4-1-4-1 a lot, at home I quite often give the DM the role of RPM, the opposition tend to be less aggressive & we often control the game. In FM16 I found results away from from home were really inconsistent, changing the DM role to DLP(D) in away matches made all the difference & I went from finishing 4th the previous season to an unbeaten season using just this tactical tweak (& new signings of course).

I generally use it as a Support Role in the MC-Tier in 4-2-3-1 Wide  if I use it at all.  With the right player and PPM's it can be devastating............but finding that player is difficult.   Also his partner should definitely be a defensive minded role. Otherwise you will leak goals like a sieve.

I think Pogba would make a great RPM.

On 11/9/2016 at 10:41, Hunter T said:

i m trying something like this at the moment:

FMSI-formation-tactics.png

stil in preseason, i like what i see in the pitch up to a degree.

Width is wide, but i havent yet figure out what the optimum metality and the D-line should be. Any ideas?

If you ask me,changing your defensive midfield would be a good start. The use of a roaming playmaker and an advanced playmaker will leave you vulnerable to the counter.

Archived