• Created
  • Last Reply

After my last game corrupted, started again. icon_frown.gif

Transfers IN

Eddie Johnson 2.6mil

Jack Hobbs Loan

Chris Eagles Loan

Lauri Dalla Valle 20k

Leonardo 975k (From Ajax Looks Very Good)

Mitchell Donald 95k, Ajax

Transfers OUT

Nozza 2.8mil

Grant Leadbitter 5m

Danny "Utter S**t" Collins 1.2m

Just played first game of season, weirdest game ever, after getting dominated by Totenham in every aspect of the game, I won 6-1. EJ (3) Liam Miller (2) Kenwyne (1). Villa away next.

Need money to buy Chris Samba as well.

I AM TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

What a Year for me

End Of Season Update

Premiership

After 7 games i was in the drop zone and i turned it around magically to get to 3rd Yes in my 2nd season in the prem id qualified for the CL!

FA Cup

Got to the 5th round

League Cup

Got to the 3rd round

Uefa Cup

I got to the Final against Spurs and Lost 2-0

Top scorer

Lulinha 21

Top Assister

Walcott 20

Top Ave. Rating

Theo Walcott 7.33

Sunderlands player of the Year

Lulinha

My Player of the Year

Theo Walcott

My Young Player of the Year

Lulinha

Footballer of The Year

2nd Theo Walcott

Players player of the Year

1st Lulinha

2nd Thiago

Young Players Player of the Year

1st Alex

2nd Stokes

3rd Wijnaldum

Manager of the Year

3rd Connor Jennings

Team of the Year

Gordon

Lulinha

De Guzman

Walcott

Thiago

Win of the Year

Arsenal 1-5 Sunderland (The 3-1 Win at Old Trafford did come close)

Loss of the year

Tottenham 6-4 Sunderland

All in all getting to the Champions League and finishing 3rd in the league and The Final of the Euro Cup not a bad Season....... Eh?

Start of the 3rd Season

I had a budget of £28m

Ins

Lansbury £1m

Lupoli £10m

Van Der Vaart £15m

Outs

1st XI

GK Gordon

LB Guilherme

RB Samba

CB Tamas

CB Nordtveit

CDM De Guzman

CAM Lulinha

LAM Alex

RAM Wijnaldum

ST Van Der Vaart

ST Lupoli

What dya think of the Team a few Subtle Changes.

And im in the CL!

Originally posted by Nashwan:

Into my fourth season, yet again the stadium expansion has not worked. £14,535,244 spent and not one extra seat.

One good thing is though I just beat Saitama Utd 5-0 to win the Club World Championship.

same thing to me first time. they've planned again it better work or im gonna be ****ed off, anyone else had similar problem?

i finished my 3rd season in 4th so just made CL made quarters of uefa cup in my 3rd season and won league cup icon_biggrin.gif first cup/competition ive won on fm08 lol, altho my sunderland game is only game ive played :p.

Got Riise joinig me this summer, anyone recomend good right wing back for team challenging for title but still sunderland? cos not sure halford/edwards are CL level really.

Originally posted by Nashwan:

Into my fourth season, yet again the stadium expansion has not worked. £14,535,244 spent and not one extra seat.

One good thing is though I just beat Saitama Utd 5-0 to win the Club World Championship.

You won the CL already?

Originally posted by BlackCats Rule:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nashwan:

same thing to me first time. they've planned again it better work or im gonna be ****ed off, anyone else had similar problem?

i finished my 3rd season in 4th so just made CL made quarters of uefa cup in my 3rd season and won league cup icon_biggrin.gif first cup/competition ive won on fm08 lol, altho my sunderland game is only game ive played :p.

Got Riise joinig me this summer, anyone recomend good right wing back for team challenging for title but still sunderland? cos not sure halford/edwards are CL level really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry pal but it continually happens. I got annoyed and started a new game with Padova.

Originally posted by marcftm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nashwan:

You won the CL already? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely have.

Must admit though I am not sure how. Was outclassed by Barcelona in the first leg of the Quarters but won 1-2 (both penalties, though they were deserved), lost the second leg 0-1 and they had 17/24 shots on target, went through 2-2 on away goals.

Beat Roma 1-0 on aggregate in the semi's and fairly simple 3-2 win over Kiev in the Final.

Arsenal offered me Fabregas + £2M for Nasri but since I was sick of the stadium issue I started a new game with Padova.

Okay just started again for like the third time

Transfers Out

Roy O'Donovan 500k

D Murphy 600k

Nosworthy 2.5 million

Richardson 3.2 million

Transfers In

Mika Aaritalo 500k

Nengomashe 500k

Ignashevich free

Rolan Gusev free

Hatem Ben Arfa Loan

Jonathan Evans Loan

I used the rest of the transfer money i made to put the wages up to sign people on a free and put towards peoples wages on loan.

Pre-season was easy won every game like 4-0 against poor opposition. So far have lost 2-0 to Wigan, 1-1 With Villa, Lost 5-0 To Man Utd changed tactics and beat Liverpool 2-0. Hopefully we can go on and win a few games now.

Originally posted by AcidBurn:

Also signed a AML from Ajax called Leanardo for 1million and just got Steve Sidwell on loan. I can't seem to get the right tactic and win though only won two games out of first 6.

I got Leanardo as well, he looks good.

You got mugged with Richardson, hes our 2nd best player man.

Leonardo does look good although i wouldn't class it as muged i would have sold him for 1 million i hate him in real life and last time i kept him he averaged 6.6 for a season so i had to get rid.

How has Leonardo done for you so far?

4th season my starting line up is currently:

GK: Ustari

WBR: Simpson

WBL: Riise

CB: Breno

CB: Colocini

CB: McShane©

CM: Obi Mikel

CM: Whitehead/ Sivok

CAM: Dagoberto

ST: Sharp

ST: Bojinov

but might change tactics soon, i drew 2-2 wtih totenham and 0-0 with newcastle and got dominated in both. My board expect me to be challenging for the title at the end of this season. (aim for the 2nd 2 year plan.)

I dont like Richardson in game, he plays very badly for me, in any of his positions that is.

Anyone else looking foward to the real life game tomorrow? (sunderland vs scumcastle) its on sky sports 1 right?

I am not really looking forward to it to be honest but i am never that confident of us beating anyone at the moment. We are going to struggle to avoid relegation, I hope Keanes signings end up playing well because so far #35 million spent playing the way we are is so disappointing.

Do you live in Sunderland?

Just bought fm08 and started game with Sunderland.

Bought Eric Addo and Quinton Fortune as back up.

Got Jonny Evans and Diego Capel on loan.

Sold Daryl Murphy for 1.2m

Any advice on who to play and where they play best? Still got 1.7m to spend with first game of the season 10 days away.. which happens to be Man Utd away.

4th season my starting line up is currently:

WBR: Simpson

WBL: Riise

CB: Colocini

CB: McShane©

CM: Whitehead/ Sivok

CAM: Dagoberto

ST: Sharp

ST: Bojinov

but might change tactics soon, i drew 2-2 wtih totenham and 0-0 with newcastle and got dominated in both. My board expect me to be challenging for the title at the end of this season. (aim for the 2nd 2 year plan.)

I dont like Richardson in game, he plays very badly for me, in any of his positions that is.

Anyone else looking foward to the real life game tomorrow? (sunderland vs scumcastle) its on sky sports 1 right?

No Im ******** meself, are you not going!?!

I am not really looking forward to it to be honest but i am never that confident of us beating anyone at the moment. We are going to struggle to avoid relegation, I hope Keanes signings end up playing well because so far #35 million spent playing the way we are is so disappointing.

Do you live in Sunderland?

nah unfortunately i live in the south so i cant go. i mainly started supporting sunderland cos of my sis boyfriend (he lives in sunderland), his mate has a box at the stadium of light for the match but i couldnt get there for it.

and yeh thats alot of money for how they've done, but at the same time give it time they might click, remember they havent played together, theres lotsa individual talent it needs team work. i think keane can keep the lads up. maybe close shave but i think it will happen. i reckon 2-1 to sunderland tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif. i mean the form of scum they lost 4-1 to portsmouth.

we nearly drew with city in manchester. just need to get some solid-ness to the backline. i mean lets face it if u had keane as manager you wouldnt wanna get relegated, get on his bad side and he'll probs break your leg.

Originally posted by mf_safc:

Just bought fm08 and started game with Sunderland.

Bought Eric Addo and Quinton Fortune as back up.

Got Jonny Evans and Diego Capel on loan.

Sold Daryl Murphy for 1.2m

Any advice on who to play and where they play best? Still got 1.7m to spend with first game of the season 10 days away.. which happens to be Man Utd away.

i played 3 CB 2 WB 2CM 1 AMC and 2 ST for my first 3 seasons for most of it worked pretty well.

GK: Gordon

WBL: Wallace

WBR: Halford/ Edwards

CB: McShane

CB: Anderson

CB: Nosworthy

CM: Whitehead

CM: Kavanagh

AMC: Leadbitter

ST: Chopra

ST: Jones

that was usually my team did pretty well but i recomend improving the CB quickly if you gonna play it my current first team is listed above but im 4th season, hopefully wont get sack tho, im expected ot challenge for prem title this season.

Originally posted by Knoc-Turnal:

Don't worry I found out myself. Won't be starting as Sunderland.

By the way, it would be helpful if information like that was in the opening post, rather than telling people what they should, and are allowed to, post.

Well considering it changes, as in my first game I was given 500k, asking for relegation survival, then the next i got 2.2 asking for same prediction, then 1.5 mil. So you know.

B****d Milner.

Originally posted by DaGringoKilla:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knoc-Turnal:

By the way, it would be helpful if information like that was in the opening post, rather than telling people what they should, and are allowed to, post.

No need to be such a picky person </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not picky at all.

If I'm considering starting a game as a team I'll read the opening post of a thread to find out about that team.

I would want to know the good players, bad players, transfer budget, possible tactics and signings etc., but none of that is there.

But, you know, I can forgive all that because I know I'm allowed to make a "Great game post" \o/

Originally posted by Knoc-Turnal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaGringoKilla:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knoc-Turnal:

No need to be such a picky person </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not picky at all.

If I'm considering starting a game as a team I'll read the opening post of a thread to find out about that team.

I would want to know the good players, bad players, transfer budget, possible tactics and signings etc., but none of that is there.

But, you know, I can forgive all that because I know I'm allowed to make a "Great game post" \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Sir icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, Huuntelaar is worth 23 mil.

Transfer Activity So Far

Well i got 2.7 million left to spend offering the players out over 24 months gives you alot more money with half to spend now and half next season thought i would give it a try.

Any ideas who i should spend my 2.7 million on i might see if theres a goalie to get as every Sunderland game i have had Gordon never gets over a 7 for the season average.

Transfer Activity So Far

Well i got 2.7 million left to spend offering the players out over 24 months gives you alot more money with half to spend now and half next season thought i would give it a try.

Any ideas who i should spend my 2.7 million on i might see if theres a goalie to get as every Sunderland game i have had Gordon never gets over a 7 for the season average.

You dont need to sign anyone, thats a mint squad mate.

You dont need to sign anyone, thats a mint squad mate.

Cheers man, i just hope i do better than last time i was relegated and then was 18th when the game crashed. I think i have sorted out my tactics to be better than last time i hope anyways. What does Ward perform like if Gordon gets injured?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> You dont need to sign anyone, thats a mint squad mate.

Cheers man, i just hope i do better than last time i was relegated and then was 18th when the game crashed. I think i have sorted out my tactics to be better than last time i hope anyways. What does Ward perform like if Gordon gets injured? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was good for me, conceded 10 in 14 when Gordon got injured for 4 months icon_mad.gif but he would not sign a new contract so he went on a free, have not used him on this save though.

ok im in my 4th season, my 3 best strikers (imo) are dagoberto, sharp and bojinov.

i still have jones, chopra and stokes mainly cos no one wants ot buy them.

i am thinking about reintroducing a targetman as all my strikers really are just all out strikers, so i have no real challenge to high crosses or corners (igot decent CB but unless its str8 in goal none can hit rebounds etc)

so basically the question is, do you think Jones (in game not real life) can cut it at top prem level targetman? im meant to be challenging for title this season so dont reli want to have many slip ups. i havent used him much over last 2 seasons, first season he played most games, second he made about 20 apps, 3rd about 10 apps, this season 2 starts and a sub and im in november.

i wanted to change tactics is main reason, or shld i buy a better TM and wait till jan to bring in new tactics?

I can have 2 more english based loans so i might get Eagles and Jonathan Evans as cover. I really hope i can do well this time what season r u in?

im still in season 1 as my last game got killed, I'm in the League Cup Final against Reading, beat Scum in the semis with a winning goal in the 91st Minute from Kenwyne! Beat Wolves and someone else on pennas.

Just loaned in Chris Eagles couldn't get Evans as i already had Kewell.

I would wait until Jan and buy a better target man and introduce your new tactics then. How much money do you have for a new target man though?

well atm my trans budget is £24 mill left, but my bank balance is only £14mill lol. so i can spend up to 24 mill but obv dont wanna push my self into too much debt. also im in 4th season so dont name old players icon_wink.gif.

but breno is getting itchy to move i think, he is probs headed towards wanting to leave for a bigger club unless i can start winning stuff.

Well Pre-season was good included a 7-0 away win against PSV. But now i have lost 3-0 at home to Everton, 2-1 away to Chelsea and 1-0 at home to Man Utd. Looks like my fourth attempt to manage Sunderland is going to be just as bad as the others. At this rate I would be better off managing Newcastle lol.

well everton was unlucky they are a good team tho, drew with chelsea at weekend in real life.

and you're upset you lost away to chelsea and against man utd??? lol. ive only beaten man utd in uefa cup (not in league) and im in 4th season.

ive still NEVER beaten arsenal on mine either icon_frown.gif.

you only really need the results against reading, blackburn etc etc. losing ot chelsea and man utd shld be expected. just shame u had a tough start to season.

7 Games played, 17th in the league with 7 points. Doing really terrible at the minute. Chopra has four goals, only player scoring really. At the minute playing:

Gordon

Halford

Nosworthy

Evans

Harte

Edwards

Addo

Etuhu

Capel

Chopra

Jones

Any ideas what I can do to improve performances and results??

well for my fristt season i got 11th playing this:

WBL: Harte/ Wallace

CB: Anderson

CB: Nosworthy

WBR: Halford/ Edwards

CM: Whitehead

CM: Kavanagh

AMC: Leadbitter

ST: Jones

ST: Chopra

subs:

Ward

Wallace

Agustin Delgado

higginbotham

liam miller

then in jan when i got more money i bought tomas sivok from udinese to replace kavanagh. eventually bringing in nakamura as a cm.

i finished 11th first season

7th 2nd season

4th third season

and am currently 2nd in 4th season in novmeber

currently i play

LB: Riise

RB: Simpson/ Halford

DM: Collocini

AML: Nakamura

AMR: Bojinov/ Niklas Barkroth

AMC: Dagoberto/ Leadbitter

ST: Sharp/ Jones/ Bojinov/ Dagoberto

Changed tactics and am going well my team is

GK Gordon

DL Harte

DR Samba

CB Higginbotham

CB Zapata

DM Ignashevich

CM Kewell

CM Whitehead

AML Ben Arfa

AMR Aaritalo

ST Eddie Johnson

Subs

Ward

Kenwyne Jones

Edwards

Almeyda

McShane

Am currently 9th and had some great results 4-1 away win against Liverpool beat them 4-1 at home aswell. Beat Spurs 5-1 at home even beat Chelsea 4-1 at the stadium of light. Going very well since i changed tactics. Also the board gave me 10 million to spend in Jan so i spent it all on Zapata and then sold Richardson for 4 million bought Kewell in for 1 million and also bought a guy called Del Noro for 1.4 million who looks pretty good.

check out a guy called Niklas Barkroth

hes a very young swedish bloke, i bought him for 250k and hes now worth 4.3 million icon_eek.gif

my 19 potential scout says he will become a leading prem midfielder and hes only 18 still.

I've got huntelaar coming in for £23 mill in january (4th season) i hope hes worth it, im also paying him over £90k per week.

I started a game as Sunderland a couple of days a go and am starting to get into it. In the first season i finished 17th and then in the second i finished 15th and now i am in the third season and am currently 10th after 7 games.

This is my current squad:

DL: Pulhac / Wallace

DR: Halford

DC: Givert

DC: McShane / Anderson

DMC: Tamas

MC: Bangera / Blondel

AMC: Van der Vaart

AMR: Walcott (l)

AML: Aartilo

FC: Johnson / Zarate

I am still trying to get a tactic working with this team. I said to Nial that i would get into the top half and i am not sure that we will untill we can get a tactic working.

hes a very young swedish bloke, i bought him for 250k and hes now worth 4.3 million icon_eek.gif

my 19 potential scout says he will become a leading prem midfielder and hes only 18 still.

I've got huntelaar coming in for £23 mill in january (4th season) i hope hes worth it, im also paying him over £90k per week.

i signed barkroth for free from day 1 - worth 1.3mill half way thru 2nd season (plays in my u18s and occasional reserve game) looks good! also there's a lot of good young finnish talent. the team you buy aaritola from has a fantastic young keeper and amc - have your scouts check them out

Im at the start of the second season, after finishing 13th in the first. My current team is this:

Rb: Eduardo Ratihno (7M bit pricey in retrospect)

LB: Michael Lamey (3.2m and is looking like a steal on current form)

CB: Ignashevich (free)

CB: Breno (7mill)

ALM: Richardson/Aaritalo (200k)

ARM: Ali Karimi (1.3m)/ Edwards

DM: Diarra (7m)

CM: Maniche (2m)/Whitehead

AMC: Luis Jiminez (2.6m)

FC: Landon Donavan (4.4m 5 goals in 8 so far)/Aaritalo/Jones in a push)

Hoping for a top 8 finish this season, we'll see how it goes. And yeah, pretty much replacing the whole team except Gordon seems once more to be the way to go with s'land

hes a very young swedish bloke, i bought him for 250k and hes now worth 4.3 million

He looks good so i got him arrving next season, finished 8th in the end and got knocked out in the semi finals on penalties against Aston Villa. First thing i aim to do for the second season is to bring in Hatem Ben Arfa on a permanent deal. He has Sunderland and me on his favoured personel and clubs, so hopefully.

Archived