How do they do that???

Okay, next question, if no help on good players from anybody, any of you NEVER visited threads or sites pertaining to TACTICS?

keep posting the previous thread question about never visted any threads or sites for good players... Wana find out whats the majority of people's mentality when they play..

Okay, next question, if no help on good players from anybody, any of you NEVER visited threads or sites pertaining to TACTICS?

keep posting the previous thread question about never visted any threads or sites for good players... Wana find out whats the majority of people's mentality when they play..

Again yes, when I was struggling with the game at the start of '07 I downloaded a tactic from the tactics forum and used that as a basis for my own tactic. At the same time I read countless threads in there and learned how to improve to the point where I could make my own tactics. I now only use tactics created by myself, I fnd it quite easy to come up with successful tactics now, but that certainly wasn't always the case.

I think many FM players follow a similar pattern tbh. Early games (as in when they first ever start playing the game) see them wanting quick succes and therefore they use resources such as finding good players through the forums, downloading tactics and ecternal programmes to help get that success. As they get more into the game and start playing longer term career games they realise that more fun is had by doing it all yourself. Then the more you get into this way of thinking the more you want your games to be realistic and a challenge so you take it to the next level and only sign players your scouts can find and start following many of the guidelines laid out in the LLM forum.

There's no right way to play the game, everyone can play it as they like. I just feel that the longer you play the game the more you find ways of keeping it fresh and challenging, until eventually you do it all on your own, even if you don't have the same success as you would if you knew of all the best players and tactics to use.

Again yes, when I was struggling with the game at the start of '07 I downloaded a tactic from the tactics forum and used that as a basis for my own tactic. At the same time I read countless threads in there and learned how to improve to the point where I could make my own tactics. I now only use tactics created by myself, I fnd it quite easy to come up with successful tactics now, but that certainly wasn't always the case.

I think many FM players follow a similar pattern tbh. Early games (as in when they first ever start playing the game) see them wanting quick succes and therefore they use resources such as finding good players through the forums, downloading tactics and ecternal programmes to help get that success. As they get more into the game and start playing longer term career games they realise that more fun is had by doing it all yourself. Then the more you get into this way of thinking the more you want your games to be realistic and a challenge so you take it to the next level and only sign players your scouts can find and start following many of the guidelines laid out in the LLM forum.

There's no right way to play the game, everyone can play it as they like. I just feel that the longer you play the game the more you find ways of keeping it fresh and challenging, until eventually you do it all on your own, even if you don't have the same success as you would if you knew of all the best players and tactics to use.

For your case, it seems like a building up of experience from previous FMs... so you don't really need to know from other people who are the good players or tactics anyway at your level... isn't it?

Isn't reading up about good players to sign just the same as using Genie Scout, so you might not hink it's cheating, but it kinda is. Only saying, I couldn't care less how you play your game, but it takes the shine off consecutive promotions.

Doing it without real players is the most fun I've had on FM. Especially with the facegen feature.

For your case, it seems like a building up of experience from previous FMs... so you don't really need to know from other people who are the good players or tactics anyway at your level... isn't it?

Not really as every new game is very different. Different youngsters have high potential and the tactic that you had success with in the previous game will probably be useless in the next one. What I do now know is how to recognise what works and what doesn't and how to tell if my tactic's working or not.

But experience of previous games will not directly help you identify good players or which tactics to use.

Not really as every new game is very different. Different youngsters have high potential and the tactic that you had success with in the previous game will probably be useless in the next one. What I do now know is how to recognise what works and what doesn't and how to tell if my tactic's working or not.

But experience of previous games will not directly help you identify good players or which tactics to use.

Exactly, however experience of CM/FM has helped me determine which tactics are essential for each position, so I might not know about the players, but I know how to spot the good ones.

Okay, those who never seen any tactics(for FM08), and any good players(for FM08), from threads and other sites, if its possible, do post your history for domestic league competitions and let us see. European championship history is good too. Really hoped it is from a BSN to EPL level...

I really want to see the difference between someone who never cheated before(subscribing not even to others' tactics and player advices), and someone who did ... maybe it will inspire me to try it out on FM09 :D

Okay, those who never seen any tactics(for FM08), and any good players(for FM08), from threads and other sites, if its possible, do post your history for domestic league competitions and let us see. European championship history is good too. Really hoped it is from a BSN to EPL level...

I really want to see the difference between someone who never cheated before(subscribing not even to others' tactics and player advices), and someone who did ... maybe it will inspire me to try it out on FM09 :D

The problem is, because I wouldn't cheat I wouldn't even try to get from BSS to EPL, it would take a lifetime :D

I've taken Blyth from the BSN to the Premier League with only one season missing promotion (my first season in the BSP). No cheating, but I did use the player search screen and trawl for bargains. I might also add that my first season in the EPL saw me relegated with less points than Derby got last season....

The key to doing it was loans and a good keeper. Get a proper parent club, and hammer the loans. Try everything you can to get a good keeper early on. I was also fantastically lucky... I had opponents sent off in play-off finals, snuck through on penalties a couple of times, etc. It did take me another 4-5 seasons to establish myself in the EPL after relegation, and I never won the EPL, but you can do it.

edit: I'd also like to add that this game was wildly out of character for me on FM 08. Other games have seen me stumble around lower leagues, or perfectly replicate the fickle performances of Spurs. I've never won the EPL with any club either... I think I just had one of those legendary runs with this one save.

edit2: Should also point out this was right after the game came out, so there were holes filled by later patches that could be exploited.

I'm not overly keen on the parent club procedure either tbh, it's open to manipulation and better players than usual are available in the lower divisions. That's not to take anything away from your achievements, as I doubt I could have done it, but the loans from parent clubs are usually pretty unrealistic.

i have started in BSN with Hednesford after they were promoted in 2008. Fired almost entire squad and brought in my own squard about 22 players...Started the season to a flyer. Unbeated in 15 games ...lets see how i do...

I did get to CL with AFC wimbledon by 2022

Archived