What exactly cause low percentage of shots on target?

Can be any number of things, including:

1. The quality of chances created

2. The defensive approach of the AI

3. Attributes such as composure etc.

4. PPMs

5. Tactical elements

You have a very fast paced system which operates in limited space as a result of your high line. Your players don't have much time or space to deal with whatever service they get. You'd need to look further to see whose percentage is low, watch their chances back and see if there is a pattern. In a high tempo system littered with Attack Duties, you are forcing a lot of quick decisions to be made.

Here are the fixtures.

fixtures.png

I'm in a poor form at the moment, no win in 4 matches which is frustrating and I don't understand why the form has dropped this drastically.

I looked upon the stats only, it seems like before, when I was winning matches, I've had about 4-5 CCC. Now I average 1-2 CCC which is poor.

You concede lots of goals. Four clean sheets from eighteen competitive games. Your primary problem is not your shot accuracy; you need to start looking at the other end of the pitch as wins are built on a foundation of clean sheets.

Do you believe there's anything wrong with the player roles that's causing this leak of goals? I still haven't noticed the problem as there's no pattern, sometimes there are crosses, sometimes balls over the defenders and sometimes set pieces, I think I've conceded the most goals from set pieces.

Any article/thread on this forum where I can read about defence and its main problems?

Do you believe there's anything wrong with the player roles that's causing this leak of goals? I still haven't noticed the problem as there's no pattern, sometimes there are crosses, sometimes balls over the defenders and sometimes set pieces, I think I've conceded the most goals from set pieces.

Any article/thread on this forum where I can read about defence and its main problems?

Your main issue is firstly the mentality. You have two guys defending from a very high line and you don't have DMs so you leave space behind the defence and the midfield. It's risky and in the PL there are still lots of 4-2-3-1's who will look to make the most of that space. Your ML/R will advance up field when you attack which means that when the AI get the ball back, your full backs have a lot of space to cover, which can drag the DCs left/right to cover space too. Just pause the game now and them when you are moving from attack to defence and see where the gaps are, and think about how to improve that.

According to whoscored.com's statistics, the average Premier League Shot OT percentage is 33%, not near 50%.

From doing a few tests on mentality myself, I have noticed that high, attacking mentalities increase the chances players will take high-risk shots and shots from the edges of the box, so lowering mentality to standard(or the Work Ball into Box shout) might make a difference.

According to whoscored.com's statistics, the average Premier League Shot OT percentage is 33%, not near 50%.

From doing a few tests on mentality myself, I have noticed that high, attacking mentalities increase the chances players will take high-risk shots and shots from the edges of the box, so lowering mentality to standard(or the Work Ball into Box shout) might make a difference.

I noticed this too. I created a defensive tactic and had less shots, but way more on target and scored plenty of goals. On attacking mentalities I often get really high shot counts but not necessarily a good % of quality chances.

Your main issue is firstly the mentality. You have two guys defending from a very high line and you don't have DMs so you leave space behind the defence and the midfield. It's risky and in the PL there are still lots of 4-2-3-1's who will look to make the most of that space. Your ML/R will advance up field when you attack which means that when the AI get the ball back, your full backs have a lot of space to cover, which can drag the DCs left/right to cover space too. Just pause the game now and them when you are moving from attack to defence and see where the gaps are, and think about how to improve that.

Okay. Cheers lads.

My contribution is simpler than others, because I am a simple man, but when I was noticing my players missing a tonne of chances at Rangers, I simply started using the 'work ball into box' instruction, to try and ensure that we weren't taking pot shots, and instead only shot when it was a good chance. That did improve things a little.

Archived