[FM16] San Giovanni - A Sammarinese youth only challenge

Bedese

469f2bc70c2bbec5b14f6c694cf4cf29.png

This is a big blow. He was always absolutely superb in Europe, and we'll struggle to replace him. Here are the two contenders to take our #1 jersey:

40199f4cdf57e951d717841653e44d46.png

339e34456b7eb213eb18eb396ce46d89.png

I think Pasolini will be my first choice, but it's pretty level right now. Hopefully, one of them can excel when given the opportunity.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4968cef3132079b462196a21ee6e866f.png

I'm absolutely delighted with this win. When Mirco Pasolini spilt a shot into our net after 11 minutes, I feared the worst. I didn't have to worry, as the whole team (him included) were superb after that. Marco Di Filippo (YP58) pulled us level shortly after with an absolutely sensational shot from the edge of the area that kissed the crossbar on the way in. I thought that a 1-1 draw at home probably wouldn't do it, however, and went to our attacking tactic after an hour. We eventually got that second goal 3 minutes from time, as Giuseppe Mazza (YP57) was on hand to tap home a deflected cross from close range.

4993f95e89e5a3f6c4dcc2c21cf907bd.png

We've only gone and done it!

They threw everything they had at us, and until the hour mark it had worked. Marco Di Filippo (YP58) got us a crucial goal from a cross to send it to extra time. There, we simply outworked them, soaking up all their pressure before hitting them on two lightning counter attacks. We're in the Group Stages again!

It should have been a good time in Europa League after Alessandro Biordi went to another team. So, it's still surprising to see the National Team going resurgence once again! How is Alessandro Biordi after departure from your team?

Unfortunately, it was as I suspected. He couldn't find another team and retired at 29 years old :(

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

The Libertas loss was worrying, but we rebounded strong for our fourth title in a row. We also set the record for points in a season.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

We just can't win this.

Europa League:

Table

Schedule

Alright, Villareal and Lyon were just too strong for us, but I'm absolutely delighted with how well we did against Besiktas. We didn't just score one - we scored five! We were really unlucky not to get at least a point (and, honestly, could have had 3, 4 or 6). We might have set the record for the most goals conceded in a Europa campaign, but I'm still happy with how this year went.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Massimo Bacciocchi (YP60) - 7.68

He had a superb year, and managed to back himself 2 of our 5 Europa League goals.

Top Goalscorer:

Massimo Bacciocchi (YP60) - 37

Top quality.

Manager's Player of the Year:

Marco Di Filippo (YP58)

He's so good for us.

Aims for next season:

I really wasn't expecting to make the Europa Groups again. This all depends on the draw we get, but can we maybe make it for a third time?

Other teams:

League Winners: :D

Cup Winners: Virtus beat La Florita 2-0 in the final.

How the team in CL qualifying did: We beat Kukesi and then Maccabi Haifa to make it to the Playoff yet again.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: Folgore lost 7-0 to Wisla, Steaua beat Cosmos 6-0 and Slovakians Zilina beat Cailungo 4-1.

San Marino National team:

Matteo Pelliccioni - A 6.64 in Serie A for a San Marinese player? I'll take it! I still can't work out how he started his career in Slovakia though...

2058 Results --- 2059 Results

We drew too many Nations League games to get promoted.

What, maybe Alessandro Biordi is in politics, too? How's the stats between both San Giovanni and PAOK Salonika and the aftermath of PAOK Salonika?

If nothing else, we're helping the country out politically :lol: I imagine it wouldn't be all that hard to govern San Marino, but our players are there to make sure :D

We've only met PAOK twice, and they've beaten us every time. In 2053 they beat us 3-0 in the Europa Playoff, and this year they beat us 7-1. I'll let you know how PAOK get on once I advance.

EDIT: PAOK got six points, as they beat AFC Astra once, and, surprisingly, Atletico Bilbao! They beat Bilbao 2-1, although it wasn't enough to advance. They came third with six points.

Youth Intake Day!

5168736b38433d4102d0cc9e6b379b33.png

4f5472ea7d09225b4172cb5f3857362b.png

This is an interesting one. He's already 3* CA, which is the highest we've had through a Youth Intake in a very long time. His defensive technicals are superb for a 16 year old from San Marino, and some of his mentals are incredible. His speed is a little on the low side, which is a bit of a problem for a FB, but I can't complain about getting someone so good.

cdaba8585fe4a10c5d7a4a45acb99f52.png

I'll see how he develops, because he doesn't look too bad and he's got good potential. Now that we have some pretty good facilities and good coaches as well as having players train full time, I'd hope that our players could start to really grow (and, to be fair, I think that's already started).

How are your CBs? Might be worth training Bianchi there. Fullbacks on the defence is something I like in LLM because most defenders lack the pace.

I've thought about that, because our CBs aren't looking too great at the moment. He's not that great in the air though either, so I think I'm going to keep him at FB until he's 18 or so and see how his physicals are looking then. If he grows an extra inch or two and gets better in the air, he could be a very useful CB.

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

A job well done.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

We finally managed to win this.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Giuseppe Mazza (YP57) - 8.05

What a player. He's 30 now, so he might not have many more years left :(

Top Goalscorer:

Giuseppe Mazza (YP57) - 33

Superb.

Andrea Zanotti (YP63)

He had an absolutely fantastic season.

Aims for next season:

Maybe a push for a Group Stage, although it all depends on the draw.

Other teams:

Cup Winners: :D

How the team in CL qualifying did: We destroyed Zrinjski before Celtic did the same to us.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: We lost to PAOK in the Playoff. Libertas lost 3-0 to Rudar from Montenegro, Virtus lost 6-0 to Swedes Helsingborg and Cailungo lost 8-0 to Staebaek from Norway.

San Marino National team:[/b]

Matteo Pelliccioni - He's moved to Russia! He looks pretty good, even if his average rating suggests otherwise.

2059 Results --- 2060 Results

We got a couple of decent draws against UK sides.

2358df2ed2a65bf38a6f9bb8851e57b6.png

At one point, Battistini was a vital player for us, but once we got in two strikers that were very much better than he was, the writing was on the wall. He was a force in the air but unfortunately not much else, and his one-dimensional nature held him back in his career. He still retires having played 237 games for us, but with only 85 goals, 69 assists, 21 MOTMs and an average rating of 7.51, it feels like he never really achieved what he could have.

Mario Selva (YP49) also retired, but he was never really a key figure for us, so he doesn't get his own post :D

dd80c1aebf5c5c502147ab2db06bc66f.png

cf12fc993daea48cd26d029f02107370.png

They're probably even better than Celtic. They've made the Groups the last three years running, and seven out of the last eight years. Oh, and both Massimo Bacciocchi (YP60) and Giuseppe Savino (YP50) got hip injuries, and they're out for 2-3 months. I don't think we'll be winning this one.

I expected to see Francioni not to retire, or heading to play basketball. I'm happy with your results, denying a larger team to acquire your staff, that's really amazing!:D I hope that I will also see what happened for the opponents in the ECL or/and EL (if you make it).

Come to think of it, at least nothing is expected to lose the series. Is Francioni playing after it? Then, what happened to GNK Zagreb and FC Zurich? Don't expect to see Francioni retired due to other sport.

Francioni has found a new club - he's at Faetano.

GNK Dinamo actually lost in the CL Playoff - to Maccabi Haifa, of all teams. They did alright in their Europa League group, getting 9 points after beating Maribor twice and KRC Genk once, but they could only finish third.

Zurich only got six points from their group, as they beat Twente twice but lost to Lecce and Zenit. They came third, just a point above Twente in fourth.

Youth Intake Day!

3056f93dc6961b9172a9b22900f13463.png

bc6b8e9bebc30cea490f43124a056988.png

He's an alright keeper, but he's not the real standout from this intake...

09426c09672fb595d432835adb4014cd.png

He looks absolutely fantastic. We've badly needed a new CB, and hopefully we've just found one. My assistant doesn't think he's all that just yet, and he's only got 4* potential, but his defensive technicals are superb. His mentals need to improve, but I think Zanotti could be a huge player for us.

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

This was unbelievably nervy, but we just about managed to retain it.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Less nervy.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Massimo Bacciocchi (YP60) - 8.05

He was absolutely superb. Like Mazza, though, he's getting old, and so we probably only have one or two good years with him left :(

Top Goalscorer:

Giuseppe Mazza (YP57) - 40

40 goals says it all. Terrific.

Marco Di Filippo (YP58)

Another one getting old. We need to start replacing these guys ASAP.

Aims for next season:

I'd like to fare better in Europe than I have done in the last two years.

Other teams:

Cup Winners: :D

How the team in CL qualifying did: Dinamo destroyed us in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: We lost to Zurich in the Playoff. La Florita lost 5-0 to Zilina from Slovakia and Virtus lost 6-0 to Danish side Randers, but Faetano were able to sneak past Glentoran 3-2! They lost 5-0 to Molde in the Second Round, but still.

San Marino National team:[/b]

Matteo Pelliccioni - He's superb.

2060 Results --- 2061 Results

We had a good Nations League campaign, coming second on 10 points behind Northern Ireland.

I'd like to do something I haven't done before, and compare someone now to how they were when they came through our academy on Day One. Here was Mattia Bianchi (YP77) on his first day:

4f5472ea7d09225b4172cb5f3857362b.png

Here he is now:

f92d3379820d3594afc280941b5cfb6e.png

He's grown insanely in just a year. I think that's a combination of his 5* potential, our pretty good coaches and us now having "Impressive training facilities". I'm not sure how much more he can grow, but he's probably our best player as he is.

He doesn't want to sign a new contract because he thinks he's too good for us, but I thought of that already. The contract I offered him was until 2063, but it also has an optional 2 year extension and a one year extension once he plays 15 games in his final season, so we should hopefully have him for at least another five seasons.

Archived