What is your favorite FM match engine?

What is your favorite FM match engine?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite FM match engine?

• FM16
    • FM15
    • FM14
    • FM13
    • FM12
    • FM11
    • FM10
    • Other

I really loved the match engine in FM15, which may be because I had made a tactic that was bloody wonderful in that game and allowed me to win whilst playing very nice football. I am very much a fan of the FM16 engine as well, after a longer period to adapt to some of the more evident changes. Many of the animations look so much better - I could only admire the way Sanchez got the ball, turned on a sixpence, skinned my defender, beat another and fired into the goal.A super goal that actually looked super.

FM12 was the one where poachers were incredibly good, right? And there was no collision detection? I think we all enjoyed that because we could all find the correct formation to be successful.

I went for 13, simply because I've got around twice as many hours on it compared to the other iterations, thus it must have been the best. :D Obviously 16 can top it but that remains to be seen.

-SnUrF

For me, I still prefer the old ME in FM11 and FM12. They just felt more reasonable and natural than the newgen ME (13 onwards). While the newgen ME is surely more polished, I can't figure out any formation or way of playing that gives me solid, consistent results. I watch on comprehensive and tried to analyse why AI scores and my team doesn't, and analysed until I felt paralysed...it is just not fun at all.

Interesting to see so much love for FM12. I quite enjoyed that game but accidentally ruined it for myself by letting my Mrs have a go. She came up with this crazy tactic involving one CB and 3 STs which was hugely successful. I was aware that the AI struggled to cope with a flat front 3, but it turned out that if you picked one CB against a team with twin strikers they would both gravitate towards him rather than exploiting the space, in essence allowing themselves to be marked. Rather broke the immersion!

Archived