What's SIGAMES policy on Steam Hack

My Steam turned Russian, some people are reporting stolen games and changes on multiple accounts.

Here's my client now.

fLto1Pi.jpg

I don't know what to do, it seems that we are powerless, I'll stay logged until everything's fixed and won't click anything on the web part of the client (which seems to be the one affected by it).

http://kotaku.com/steam-goes-nuts-offers-access-to-other-peoples-account-1749718979

Ah, and merry christmas to everyone, there are more important things in life than gaming. :)

It has happened before on Steam, I'm not sure if it is a hack or just Steam bugging out and showing the wrong details on some parts of Steam.

As for SIs stance, I'm sure they will just say that it is a Steam issue and not an SI issue, which it is.

Yes, so it seems, I went to my account details and I got into another Chilean account details, that sucks.

I'm trying to remember what happened the last time this happened, I think it was a couple of years ago.

I really can't remember tbh, although there are a lot of people over at the Steam forums freaking out, I guess we will just have to wait on Valve commenting on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3y7r0b/do_not_login_to_any_steam_websites/

It goes without saying, but avoid logging into any Steam websites until the security issue has been remedied.

If you know you're already logged in, do NOT visit any Steam Community or Steam Store URL.

This includes any internet browser and the Steam Desktop/Mobile Client!

Playing games online should be fine. It'll also prevent anybody else from logging into your account via desktop client.

Explanation according to Steam DB:

Valve is having caching issues, allowing users to view things such as account information of other users.

Indeed, it has become more like a privacy issue as many people could see your personal info such email, last 4 digits of your cell phone and other stuff.

I´ve clicked my own profile 3 times and (sadly) I got the info of 2 Chileans and a Finnish dude.

I recommend everyone to change their Steam emails next week when everything should be sorted out.

They can't do anything with just your email address.

Also let's put it into perspective here, this was not a hack but a glitch in their cache software.

If it is a hack then people are waiting and ready to steal your info, with this, as bad as it is, the people viewing your limited info could not care less about it.

They can't do anything with just your email address.

Also let's put it into perspective here, this was not a hack but a glitch in their cache software.

If it is a hack then people are waiting and ready to steal your info, with this, as bad as it is, the people viewing your limited info could not care less about it.

I could bet that someone gathered mail addresses with a bot, glitches are exploitable.

I'm gonna change the title though, as you said it wasn't a hack afterall.

In the event that Steam is compromised it has absolutely nothing to do with SI or Sega.

If you are unable to play your games or access your account then you will have to contact Steam. There is absolutely nothing that SI or Sega can do about it.

Maybe glance through the thread next time. ;)

Archived