Could use some help working on a tactic

I need some help taking a tactic to the next level. Most of the games i play i will win or lose by one goal even though i normally have much more shots, shots on goal and ccc.I have one of if not the best squad in the championship but i am struggling in 4th.

2015-12-23_00001_zpshpdayfqi.jpg

2015-12-23_00002_zpsgmnhccmx.jpg

2015-12-23_00003_zpsuevk7oej.jpg

If any more information is required i can share it.

What are you trying to do? It doesn't make much sense. For a start a poacher is rarely a good idea for a lone forward, he'll be there sitting doing nothing but waiting for a chance to score, so there's no connection to your midfield. Then your entire midfield and wings (!!) is all made of playmakers who sit around spraying through balls (presumably to the poacher?), but since you're playing Control + Push Higher Up + Close Down More, you're playing a really high line and trying to suffocate the opposition, so where will you find space to play those through balls in behind the opposition defence? Your entire plan depends on space behind the opposition that you don't allow them to have.

Even Barcelona Tika-Taka tactics don't use that many playmakers!

You have a lot of playmakers who will drop deeper and try to pick up the ball, then they will look for a pass or dribble (due to your TI), but you have very few players making runs. Your kind of relying on pieces of individual brilliance. I would remove the more dribbling TI and look to roles like Inside Forward (support or attack) that will provide dribbling and more directness for the remaining playmakers to find.

Either:

Change both wide players

Swap one wide player and a central playmaker.

What would you suggest i do to fix this?

I would put both of your defenders on a defend duty

I would consider switching the full backs to wing backs as you don't really have any wing support. (inside forwards and adv play makers are not wingers) I would consider allowing one at least to have an attack duty.

I would change the Anchorman to a Regista as it is more suitable to possession systems that operate a high defensive line.

I would change the RPM to a Box to Box Midfilder or just Central Midfielder Support.

I would change the ADV Playmaker to an Attack Duty although not essential.

I would change the wide men to inside forwards or wingers or one of each with at least one, if not both having attack roles.

I would change the poacher to a striker with a support role....

I would go wide because you really want to be stretching the opposition (being one of the top teams in the division)

If your playing a high defensive lines you really need to be using the offside trap.

You don't really want to be getting the whole team to get stuck in, you should limit this to individual instruction, the same applies to tight marking.

You should really allow your more creative players to express themselves, so I would go with Be more Expressive or just leave it at default

You don't need to have run at defence ticked, just leave it at default because depending on the situation a player may need to dribble less instead.

I would not have it on be more disciplined either.

However that is what i would try first, it might not be what I end up doing.... and without knowing the exact reasons as to why you have set it up in this particular way, and without knowing the individual capabilities of your players and what roles they are most suitable for, it is difficult to understand your reasoning either.

Why have you chosen a sweeper keeper? and what is the reason for both defenders to be on a cover duty, also the poacher, is not going to help in the construction of moves so what is the reason that you have 4 play makers surrounding him?

Archived