i suck at this game, so i need some help!

tactics are 4-1-2-2-1

roles

wingbacks on support on both sides.

both dc´s on defend.

def mid is either a deep lying or defensive mid on defend.

central mids are usually one central mid attack/support

and the other a bwm on support

both flanks inside forwards on support and roaming

attacker deep lying on support or f9 roaming

standard and fluid.

i have play out of defence, retain possession and pres more.

really strugle to create chances. If i take the lead, the opponents often score right after. usually from the opposing back crossing into to box.

could someone point me in a direction as to where i am going a bit wrong?

also i am really strugling to translate real life football into this version. Always had success in this game, but this is definetly harder.

Maybe you want to remove retain possession so that your team can play alot quicker. If you play slowly, the defence has time to set themselves up.

Can also consider switching 1 of your IF to (A) so that he can get into the box faster.

By no means an expert but maybe remove roaming from a couple of players...roaming can be great for breaking sides down but too much and you will not have a focal point for your attacks. Also no easy out for the midfield if they are pressured other than backwards so this could contribute to conceding if you are up against a team who are pressing high.

By no means an expert but maybe remove roaming from a couple of players...roaming can be great for breaking sides down but too much and you will not have a focal point for your attacks. Also no easy out for the midfield if they are pressured other than backwards so this could contribute to conceding if you are up against a team who are pressing high.

I use Roam More with the same front 3 setting. I typically have > 60% possession as teams tend to defend deep so don't get much chance at running behind them. The roaming helps me create space by pulling defenders out of position or creating a numerical advantage. If Dennis' opponents are pushing high and pressing him then it might be a problem if he doesn't have the quality to pass/dribble around the pressure. We need to know more or we're just guessing.

Maybe you want to remove retain possession so that your team can play alot quicker. If you play slowly, the defence has time to set themselves up.

Can also consider switching 1 of your IF to (A) so that he can get into the box faster.

would you by any chance be interested in an assistant manager role at fulham ;)

apparently my tactics on its own, are pretty much possession based. So adding retain posession was over doing it.

i removed retain posession and i´ve just managed to get +20 shots a game. 2 times in a row and that is a first.

i guess,just like you said, that the opponents simply had too much time settling in defensively.

"really struggle to create chances" <- This part needs expanding on, why do you struggle to create a chance before losing the ball? Who and how are you turning over the ball? A isolated forward? Misplaced passes in the final/middle third? Clearances / goal kicks?

i would say mostly around the opponents box. so misplaced passes in the final third. I have the idea of having my players close to together, but perhaps the retain posession made them seek out the same areas. with too many sideway passes. the spread seems better without retain posession.

But were those 20 shots actual good scoring chances or just low % pot shots ?

If there's too many lateral passes then maybe you need a higher mentality to encourage forward play rather than a change to your TI, it would actually increase the tempo a little bit to. Passing distance doesn't affect lateral/forward play AFAIK, unless there are no "short" passing options in front of them I guess. Increasing tempo just makes the play more urgent, potentially getting the ball forward quicker, which is good if there's space or you have numbers forward, but if your outnumbered you could be rushing into a brick wall.

Archived