Board Confidence rating back at 50%, after negotiating a contract?

Finally the game allows board confidence to remain from one season to another, so if you have a good season with promotion they still remember that the following year. But all of a sudden my job security has gone back to what it starts at (50%), all because I negotiated a contract? I simply decided to ask for a new contract and then negotiated to see if I could request something as part of the contract (training improvements etc). In the end I didn't need to anyway as I was happy with the improvements already ongoing, so I just decided to keep things as they were and accepted the new deal. But now my board confidence is all of a sudden refreshed back to 50% from around 75% which it was before. Is this a bug, because I negotiated a deal or because I've just got promoted into a new league? I got offered a contract extension before and it never affected my board confidence so it can't be that....really frustrating to find this happen as it was a pain on old FM games, when a bad run can see you gone despite the work you did in seasons past.

Re confidence this is made up of a number of things and one of them is the club ability to remove you from your position without costing the club a lot of money. If you to board confidence detail screen it'll show you the makeup of your confidence.

I know how to view my board confidence, I am asking why would it suddenly drop from 75% to 50%? I'm pretty sure it's not due to promotion, and it seemed to be almost instantly after my new contract was accepted (infuriatingly I'd just saved so I can't now go back to see). It's really frustrating, must be a bug associated with new contracts surely? I asked for a new contract for MORE job security, not less.

I know how to view my board confidence, I am asking why would it suddenly drop from 75% to 50%? I'm pretty sure it's not due to promotion, and it seemed to be almost instantly after my new contract was accepted (infuriatingly I'd just saved so I can't now go back to see). It's really frustrating, must be a bug associated with new contracts surely? I asked for a new contract for MORE job security, not less.

You went over the season end therefore there is one year less left on your contract.

EDIT

Promotion maybe also played a role depending on which league you promoted from & to. Its possible the board expect more income in the upcoming season therefore in comparision it would take less money as a % of your income or bank account to sack you.

At the end of the day though its hardly important in the overall scheme of things and as has been pointed out job security is only one of several factors that go into your overall board confidence.

EDIT 2

In fact reading through your OP again its got very little to do with your contract at all. All the competition factors that are listed below the overall board confidence will have reset over the season end as you have new targets for the next season.

OK thanks. Sure I will have new targets now of course, but should board confidence reset back to 50%? It doesn't reset in between seasons anymore so seems suprising that it would reset after promotions. Surely they should be more lenient with your performance not less (I promoted from Championship to Premiership). Now I know I'm going to struggle, so it seems the board will start getting unhappy with me, despite the fact I was the one that promoted them.

OK thanks. Sure I will have new targets now of course, but should board confidence reset back to 50%? It doesn't reset in between seasons anymore so seems suprising that it would reset after promotions. Surely they should be more lenient with your performance not less (I promoted from Championship to Premiership). Now I know I'm going to struggle, so it seems the board will start getting unhappy with me, despite the fact I was the one that promoted them.

I don't think you are really getting how it works tbh.

It would be best of you posted a pic of your confidence screen so we can see what you do but in general:

Confidence from the top left is broken down into many factors which are shown down the left hand side of the screen below the main confidence bar. Each factor adds up to make the overall.

swfc-dan has a point, I think, as I just tested it in pre-season (3rd season) and got a strange result.

Confidence was re-evaluated, which is fair I guess.

What was wierd though was that my job status went up, everything else stayed the same, but my Job security went down from 79% to 57%

Before contract negotiations

http://i.imgur.com/0tAJGuC.png

After

http://i.imgur.com/iTl9LfJ.png

Not really bothered by it, but that does strike me as a bit odd.

surely after taking a pay rise, they're expecting more of you, hence the lower security (doing what you're doing will still keep you, but you've raised the bar for yourself and we're expecting more)

I'm not a manager, but if someone comes into my office asking for a pay rise, then I'm going to be expecting more from them

edit: I should also point out that they seem to have 'forgotten' about previous exploits, hence the lower security

Definitely looks like bugged behaviour, if you still have the save before the new contract it's worth raising in the bugs forum, even at this late stage SI can see what is happening & look to replicate the circumstances for future releases.

Archived