National team GMs fired during WCs

• SI Staff

Got a saved game before such an incident ? National team GM performances are only analysed at the end of the national team tournaments, so they shouldn't get fired during the tournament by default.

Got a saved game before such an incident ? National team GM performances are only analysed at the end of the national team tournaments, so they shouldn't get fired during the tournament by default.

One thing that bugs me from EHM 07 is that NT-s are firing coaches to often. Sure, if top nation screw at Olympics or WC by being medaless or not reaching semis then ok, but nations such as Austria (elevator team) shouldn't fire coach just because he got relegated (Ratushny got contract extension even if they were relegated this year). I am not saying there shouldn't be coaching changes when it comes to National teams, just not so often. I remember in EHM 07 Ukraine changed coach for 10 !!!! straight season and what is more funny they were changing two coaches all the time :D:)

One thing that bugs me from EHM 07 is that NT-s are firing coaches to often. Sure, if top nation screw at Olympics or WC by being medaless or not reaching semis then ok, but nations such as Austria (elevator team) shouldn't fire coach just because he got relegated (Ratushny got contract extension even if they were relegated this year). I am not saying there shouldn't be coaching changes when it comes to National teams, just not so often. I remember in EHM 07 Ukraine changed coach for 10 !!!! straight season and what is more funny they were changing two coaches all the time :D:)
The National Teams firing their Staff isn't really something that happens in Canada, and for me it's always strange to see "fired" used.

I remember watching Canada's National Team in the 1980s! but they haven't really had one since then (there is a Hockey Canada, but outside of the Olympics there's no real "National Team"/planning but rather teams are put together quickly for some tournaments, like the World Championships)

872nk90ie04gvq61jjs.png

Just saw it happen. Uploaded it on the FTP under the name WC_FIRING.rar

Note: I think Latvia needs to lose the game against Austria for it to happen, because that's exactly what happened, before Latvia's GM was fired.

Archived