Second Season More Difficult ?

Hi all,

Just like to get some feedback from you guys in relation to using the same tactics in the second season. I finished 5th as Aston Villa first season then second season I finished 15th and it's was a tough challenge. Not many transfers made but what i want to know is does the AI work better against your season 1 tactic and forcing you to change ?. Honestly I'm baffled because I never made so many transfers and used most of the same players as i did in season 1 and the results were shocking to me.

Your feedback would is appreciated.

cheers

Second season syndrome has been around for years.

First season with a lower rep club, you use an aggressive attacking tactic which makes use of the space the opposition leave at the back = overachieving.

As a result of your first season your rep improves, the opposition see you as a bigger threat and leave less space. Your tactic doesn't work as well as the space isn't there and you don't adapt to the changing situation.

I had a similar result in my second season after promotion to the Prem. Given that you're likely to have a set of players who fit your current system, how would you go about changing it? instruction only or change the formation itself?

I've stuck with mine as can't really afford sweeping changes to the squad and doing ok but not great

Archived