Thank **** The Wolly with the Brolly has Gone

mark wilson27

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cheers guys, could of done without the Argies being there especially after the last result against them

It was either them or Brazil judging by the seeding - either team will provide a difficult match for you.

Do the two go through beat the US and you're clean through.

Argentina Owen will be back right you go win that Mark.

The top two do go through to the semi final, Owen should be back his injury only kept him out for a few weeks

January 1st 2009: The World Player of the Year has been announced and the placings are as follows:

1st: Diego (Werder Bremen/BRAZIL)

2nd: Samuel Eto’o (Barcelona/CAMEROON)

3rd: Lionel Messi (Barcelona/ARGENTINA)

February 4th: England v Brazil (Wembley)

What can I really say about this game as we were outplayed and outclassed by a much better team. Brazil were all over us from the start as we struggled to get any sort of real possession off them. Despite there constant pressure it took them till the 36th minute to open the scoring as Robinho beat my defence to slot easily past Robinson. Three minutes later they had the ball in the net again as Robinho fired past Robinson but luckily for us the assistant referee ruled it out for a foul on Terry.

The second half was just as bad as we struggled with every aspect of the game and on the 61st minute we were lucky not to have gone further behind as luckily for us Ferdinand blocked a great shot. It was constant pressure and on the 86th minute we succumbed to the pressure as Baptista headed in to give the Brazilians a well deserved 2-0 victory, but in truth they should of won by a lot more.

England 0

Brazil 2 Robinho 36, Baptista 86

Man of Match: Cesar (Brazil)

Booked: No England Player

Attendance: 66,564

Player Ratings:

GK: Robinson (5)

RB: G.Neville (6) sub 45 Richards (7)

LB: A.Cole (6)

CB: R.Ferdinand (7) sub 45 Woodgate (7)

CB: Terry (cap) (6)

MR: Beckham (6)

ML: J.Cole (6) inj 90 sub Wright-Phillips (6)

MC: Hargreaves (6)

MC: Gerrard (7)

FC: Owen (5)

FC: Rooney (6) sub 45 A. Johnson (6)

The match really showed how far behind my team were in the quest to become World beaters. A lot of work is needed in the next year or so if we are truly going to compete in the World Cup

March 21st: England v Norway (Wembley)

My last friendly before the two World Cup Qualifiers at the end of the season and my players knew I wanted a much better performance. After only three minutes my players put us into the lead as Ashley Young’s cross was diverted into the goal by Norway’s Hangeland. It got even better for us as ten minutes later we were two goals up with Owen putting his previous dreadful performance behind him with a fine individual goal. We continued the forward pressure but on the 26th minute we were punished for not looking after the back line as Carew ran clear of the defence to slot past Foster. Despite the goal my players continued to pile forward but we couldn’t add another goal before the half time interval.

The second half was only eight minutes old when we went a further goal in front as Young fired in on his debut to give us a 3-1 lead. My players were performing how I knew they could and on the 61st minute we added our fourth goal as Terry headed in from Gerrard’s cross. However the scoring wasn’t finished there as deep into injury time Norway pulled a goal back as Carew fired in but we had done enough to secure a good victory.

England 4 Hangeland og 3, Owen 13, Young 53, Terry 61

Norway 2 Carew 26, 90

Man of Match: Carew (Norway)

Booked: A.Cole, Beckham, Gerrard (misses next match), Rooney

Attendance; 89,955

Player Ratings:

GK: Foster (6)

RB: G.Neville (8)

LB; A.Cole (7)

CB: R.Ferdinand (7)

CB: Terry (cap) (8)

MR: Beckham (7) sub 53 Walcott (6)

ML: Young (8)

MC: Hargreaves (7)

MC: Gerrard (7)

FC: Rooney (7)

FC: Owen (7)

A good performance and I was really impressed with the debut of Ashley Young

Domestic and European Results:

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 91pts

2nd: Chelsea 79pts

3rd: Liverpool 75pts

FA Cup: Manchester United 3 - 1 Bolton Wanderers

League Cup; Chelsea 1 - 0 Manchester City

Communtiy Shield; Arsenal 1 - 0 Chelsea

Champions League: Real Madrid 2 - 2 Chelsea (Real Madrid win 3-1 penalties)

UEFA Cup; Valencia 2 - 0 Juventus

European Super Cup: Barcelona 3 - 0 Fiorentina

World Club Championship: Barcelona 4 - 2 Boca Juniors

Bad news for England fans as Paul Robinson and John Terry have both suffered serious injuries and will be missing from the forthcoming World Cup Qualifiers and the Confederations Cup

May 30th: Northern Ireland v England; World Cup 2010 Qualifier (Windsor Park, Belfast)

The atmosphere in Windsor Park was brilliant as we faced our local rivals as such. The game was only eleven minutes old when the first goal went in as Northern Irelands McGurk fired past Foster to send the fans wild, but within four minutes we had shut them up as Wes Brown notched his first goal for England in with a brave header from J.Cole’s free kick. Northern Ireland then had the chance to retake the lead but Foster made amends for the first goal with a great double save. On the 23rd minute we managed to take the lead as Rio Ferdinand fired in a speculative shot which beat the keeper far too easily. However Northern Ireland didn’t let there heads go down as they pressed forward for the equaliser and on the 42nd minute they got it as McGurk managed to evade my whole defence and slot in past Foster.

The second half was just as open as both teams went for it and on the 62nd minute the next goal went in as Owen fired in off the post after running onto a great ball by Lampard. Northern Ireland then came straight back at us and on the 75th minute they had the chance to get back onto level terms but G.Neville slid in with a perfectly timed tackle in the area. On the 88th minute we finally killed the game off as Rooney headed in to give us a good three points but in truth the score line flattered us.

Northern Ireland 2 McGurk 11, 42

England 4 Brown 15, R.Ferdinand 23, Owen 62, Rooney 88

Man of Match: McGurk (Northern Ireland)

Booked: Young, Hargreaves (misses next match)

Attendance; 20,224

Player Ratings:

GK: Foster (7)

RB: G.Neville (cap) (7)

LB: A.Cole (7)

CB: R.Ferdinand (8)

CB: Brown (8)

MR: J.Cole (7)

ML: Lampard (7)

MC; Young (8)

MC; Hargreaves (7)

FC: Rooney (8)

FC: Owen (8)

June 3rd: Ukraine v England: World Cup 2010 Qualifier (NSC Olympiyskyi, Kiev)

We got off to the worst start possible as within four minutes Shevchenko fired past Foster with far too much ease, a minute later we were a further goal down as Ukraine’s attack broke clear of my defence and Trmo finished with a great effort to give Ukraine a two goal advantage early on. On the half hour we gifted them the chance of a third goal as Ferdinand fouled Kleber in the area. Shevchenko stepped up for the penalty and coolly fired it past Foster. It was getting too easy for Ukraine and six minutes later Shevchenko completed his hat trick as we went 4-0 down. I couldn’t believe what I was watching and on the 45th minute we went five down as Shevchenko fired in his fourth.

I couldn’t say anything at the half time interval. I was speechless

The second half was only four minutes old when we got our first goal as J.Cole fired in past the keeper but it was nothing more than a consolation goal. My team was poor to say the least and on the 82nd minute the final goal of the game went in as J.Cole fired in but we didn’t deserve the goals and I was dumb struck that a team of mine could play that poorly.

Ukraine 5 Shevchenko 4, pen 30, 36, 45, Tymo 5

England 2 J.Cole 49, 82

Man of Match: Shevchenko (Ukraine)

Booked: No England player

Attendance: 82,912

Player Ratings:

GK: Foster (5)

RB: G.Neville (cap) (5)

LB: A.Cole (5)

CB: R.Ferdinand (5)

CB: Brown (5)

MR: J.Cole (8)

ML: Young (7)

MC: Walcott (6)

MC: Lampard (5)

FC: Rooney (5)

FC: Owen (5)

Not the preparation I wanted for the forthcoming Confederations Cup. Now I had to try and decide which players I would take.

After much thought I have finally decided which players I will be taking to the Confederations Cup:

Position    ¦ Name                  ¦ Squad ¦ Age  ¦ Caps ¦ Goals ¦      Club         ¦ 
           ¦                       ¦ Number¦      ¦      ¦       ¦                   ¦
============¦=======================¦=======¦======¦======¦=======¦===================¦
   GK      ¦ Ben Amos              ¦   12  ¦  19  ¦   0  ¦   0   ¦ Birmigham City    ¦
------------¦-----------------------¦-------¦------¦------¦-------¦-------------------¦
   GK      ¦ Ben Foster            ¦    1  ¦  26  ¦   6  ¦   0   ¦ Manchester United ¦
------------¦-----------------------¦-------¦------¦------¦-------¦-------------------¦
   GK      ¦ Nicky Weaver          ¦   13  ¦  30  ¦   2  ¦   0   ¦ Charlton Athletic ¦
   SW/DC   ¦ Jonathan Woodgate     ¦   22  ¦  29  ¦  11  ¦   1   ¦ Middlesbrough     ¦
   DRC     ¦ Wes Brown             ¦    5  ¦  29  ¦  17  ¦   1   ¦ Manchester United ¦
   DRC/WBR ¦ Gary Neville (cap)    ¦    2  ¦  34  ¦  99  ¦   0   ¦ Manchester United ¦
   DRL/DM  ¦ Phil Neville          ¦   19  ¦  32  ¦  64  ¦   0   ¦ Everton           ¦
   DRC/DM  ¦ Micah Richards        ¦   18  ¦  20  ¦  12  ¦   0   ¦ Chelsea           ¦
   DC      ¦ Rio Ferdinand         ¦    4  ¦  30  ¦  77  ¦   2   ¦ Manchester United ¦
   D/WBL   ¦ Ashley Cole           ¦    3  ¦  28  ¦  71  ¦   1   ¦ Chelsea           ¦
   DM      ¦ Owen Hargreaves       ¦    6  ¦  28  ¦  49  ¦   3   ¦ Manchester United ¦
   MC      ¦ Michael Carrick       ¦   17  ¦  27  ¦  17  ¦   1   ¦ Manchester United ¦
   MC      ¦ Nigel Reo-Coker       ¦   16  ¦  25  ¦   3  ¦   0   ¦ Aston Villa       ¦
   AMRLC   ¦ Joe Cole              ¦    8  ¦  27  ¦  52  ¦  11   ¦ Chelsea           ¦
   AMR/FC  ¦ Theo Walcott          ¦    7  ¦  20  ¦  16  ¦   2   ¦ Deportivo         ¦
   AMRL/ST ¦ Ashley Young          ¦   15  ¦  23  ¦   3  ¦   1   ¦ Aston Villa       ¦
   AML     ¦ Stewart Downing       ¦   14  ¦  24  ¦  25  ¦   2   ¦ Middlesbrough     ¦
   AMC     ¦ Frank Lampard         ¦   11  ¦  30  ¦  68  ¦  13   ¦ Chelsea           ¦
   FC      ¦ Wayne Rooney          ¦   10  ¦  23  ¦  58  ¦  19   ¦ Manchester United ¦
   ST      ¦ Peter Crouch          ¦   20  ¦  28  ¦  25  ¦  12   ¦ Liverpool         ¦
   ST      ¦ Jermain Defoe         ¦   21  ¦  26  ¦  34  ¦   8   ¦ Tottenham Hotspur ¦
   ST      ¦ Michael Owen          ¦    9  ¦  29  ¦ 104  ¦  60   ¦ Inter Milan       ¦

With captain John Terry and Steven Gerrard missing though injury I decided to go with experience of Gary Neville to be my stand in Captain.

Hopefully my player wont let me down as they have done in some of the recent matches. A good test will be the first group game as we have the chance to get revenge on Argentina

June 17th: England v Argentina; Confederations Cup Group Stage (FNB Stadium, Johannesburg)

We started poorly as Argentina dominated the early stages of the game, on the 6th minute they had there first effort but Foster pulled a brilliant save to deny the Argentina strikers. However on the 16th minute he was helpless for the opener as Tevez muscled his way past my defence to slot home. I could see some of the confidence seep out my team and the Argies were dominating play. Luckily for us Foster was having a stormer and kept everything they threw at him out.. Just before the half time whistle Ferdinand poorly timed a tackle on Messi to give them a penalty. Coloccini stepped up for the penalty and fired it straight down the middle luckily for us Fosters legs managed to block the ball and the ball was cleared by Neville.

The second half was only three minutes old when half time substitute Downing fired the ball into the goal to pull the scores level. The Argies looked as shocked as I did. This lifted my players and we began to play a little better. On the hour though we came close to gifting Argentina the lead as some poor communication between Brown and Ferdinand had Foster running out to clear the loose ball as the Argies attack came close to fifing in. On the 73rd minute we went into the lead as Rooney who had been a virtual spectator during the game fired in past the keeper, four minutes later we were awarded a penalty after Mascherano fouled Lampard in the area. Hargreaves stepped up for the kick and fired it with power to give us a surprising 3-1 victory.

England 3 Downing 48, Rooney 73, Hargreaves pen 77

Argentina 1 Tevez 16

Man of Match: Hargreaves (England)

Booked: Lampard

Attendance; 69,986

Player Ratings:

GK: Foster (8)

CB: Brown (7)

MR: Walcott (6) sub 45 Downing (8)

ML: J.Cole (6)

MC: Hargreaves (8)

MC: Lampard (8)

Other Results; USA 6-2 New Zealand

June 18th: Brazil 2-0 South Africa, Nigeria 2-1 Iraq

June 19th: England v New Zealand; Confederations Cup Group Stage (FNB Stadium, Johannesburg)

A great start for us saw Ferdinand head into the net from a Walcott cross. We were beginning to dominate the New Zealanders and on the 15th minute we missed the perfect chance to double our lead as Lampard fired wide of the shot when it was easier to score. It was all one way traffic and on the 45th minute we doubled our lead as Brown headed in to give us 2-0 lead going into the break.

The second half was tighter as New Zealand didn’t want to have a repeat of the 6-2 drubbing by USA in there last match. We struggled to break through there stubborn defence but we did manage to add another goal as Owen fired in on the 61st minute to give us a 3-0 victory and all three points

England 3 R.Ferdinand 8, Brown 45, Owen 61

New Zealand 0

Man of Match: R.Ferdinand (England)

Booked: Lampard (misses next match)

Attendance; 69,996

Player Ratings;

CB: R.Ferdinand (8)

CB: Brown (8)

MR; Walcott (8)

ML: J.Cole (8)

MC: Hargreaves (7) sub 82 Young (6)

MC: Lampard (7)

FC: Owen (8)

Other Results: Argentina 2-1 USA

June 20th; Nigeria 2-0 Brazil, Iraq 0-0 South Africa

Other news sees Stuart Pearce’s U21 Team win the European Championship with a 2-1 extra time victory over Germany

June 21st: England v USA; Confederations Cup Group Stage (FNB Stadium, Johannesburg)

I told my players we needed to be damn careful against the Americans and not slip up. We were the better team throughout the match as we dominated large spells of the game. On the 16th minute we came close to opening the scoring as Carrick fired towards goal but his effort was well saved by keeper. Two minutes later we came close again but failed to hit the target when it was easier to score. Our pressure was immense and just before the break we rattled the upright with a thunderous effort from Rooney.

The second half was much the same as we dominated throughout but on the 62nd minute we went behind as the Americans broke clear to slot a perfect ball past Foster. I was gutted and my players looked shocked. We tried as much as we could to get past the American defence to get equaliser but failed an we lost a game which should have been ours for the taking.

England 0

USA 1 Johnson 62

Man of Match: Howard (USA)

Booked: R.Ferdinand, Owen, Rooney

Attendance: 69,991

Player Ratings:

GK: Foster (8)

LB: A.Cole (6)

CB: Brown (7)

MR: Walcott (7)

ML: J.Cole (6) inj 38 Downing (7)

MC: Carrick (7)

FC; Owen (7)

FC: Rooney (6)

Other Results: Argentina 4-0 New Zealand

With Argentina only winning 4-0 we have qualified as runners up in Group A.

June 22nd: Nigeria 2-0 South Africa, Brazil 4-0 Iraq

Confederations Cup Group Tables;

Group A:

Position¦   Information    ¦   Team           ¦Goal ¦Points¦ 
       ¦                  ¦                  ¦Diff ¦      ¦ 
--------¦------------------¦------------------¦-----¦------¦ 
 1st   ¦    Qualified     ¦   USA            ¦ + 4 ¦  6   ¦  
[b] 2nd   ¦    Qualified     ¦   ENGLAND        ¦ + 4 ¦  6   ¦ [/b] 
 3rd   ¦                  ¦   Argentina      ¦ + 3 ¦  6   ¦  
 4th   ¦                  ¦   New Zealand    ¦ -11 ¦  0   ¦ 

Group B:

Position¦   Information    ¦   Team           ¦Goal ¦Points¦
       ¦                  ¦                  ¦Diff ¦      ¦
 1st   ¦    Qualified     ¦   Nigeria        ¦ + 5 ¦  9   ¦
 2nd   ¦    Qualified     ¦   Brazil         ¦ + 4 ¦  6   ¦
 3rd   ¦                  ¦   South Africa   ¦ - 4 ¦  1   ¦
 4th   ¦                  ¦   Iraq           ¦ - 5 ¦  1   ¦

Semi Final Draw:

USA v Brazil

England v Nigeria

June 25th: England v Nigeria; Confederations Cup Semi Final (ABSA Stadium, Durban)

We were overwhelming favourites for this game and on the second minute we showed why as Rooney fired in a thunderous effort from 20 yards which about snapped the crossbar. However ten minutes later Nigeria showed they were a threat with a great team move which had Foster saving brilliantly to deny them the lead. On the 19th minute the first goal of the game was scored and it went to the team in green as Nigeria’s Utaka fired in past Foster after out muscling A.Cole easily off the ball. Three minutes later they had doubled there lead as Martins slotted a beauty past the outstretched arm of Foster. Nigeria had the wind in there sails and on the 26th minute they made it 3-0 with Martins doing the damage. I couldn’t believe what I was watching. On the 42nd minute we did manage to pull a goal back as Lampard struck a great free kick into the goal after Rooney was fouled.

At half time I told the players they were an embarrassment and they needed to try and salvage some pride in the second half.

The second half was just as poor as Nigeria were by far the better team, but luckily for us there strikers seemed to have relaxed a little and they failed to add to there tally.

England 1 Lampard 42

Nigeria 3 Utaka 19, Martins 22, 26

Man of Match: Martins (Nigeria)

Booked: Richards

Attendance: 64,988

Player Ratings;

GK: Foster (6)

RB: G.Neville (cap) (6)

CB: R.Ferdinand (6)

CB: Richards (6)

MR: Walcott (6)

ML: Lampard (7)

MC; Hargreaves (7)

MC: Carrick (6)

FC: Owen (6)

Other Results; USA 1-0 Brazil

We now faced Brazil in the 3rd Place Play Off game, but there will be changes for the game.

June 27th; England v Brazil; Confederations Cup 3rd Place Play Off (Ellis Park, Johannesburg)

I made seven changes to the previous game with a hope that these players will play a little better and in truth they did. On the 13th minute we opened the scoring as Defoe fired in after running onto a through ball by Young. Six minutes later Defoe had the chance to add another goal but his effort was well saved by the Brazilian keeper. On the half hour Brazil got back on level terms as a slip by Woodgate left Adriano an easy effort on goal which Weaver stood no chance with. Four minutes later the Brazilians put themselves into the lead as Robinho headed in from the six yard box.

The second half was excellent for the fans as both teams went for it with some great attacking football but despite this neither team could score again and Brazil got third place

England 1 Defoe 13

Brazil 2 Adriano 30, Robinho 34

Man of Match; Doni (Brazil)

Booked : No England Players

Attendance: 64,989

Player Ratings:

GK: Weaver (6)

RB: P.Neville (7)

LB: Richards (7)

CB: Woodgate (7)

CB: R.Ferdinand (6)

MR: Young (7)

ML: Downing (7)

MC: Carrick (7)

MC: Lampard (cap) (7)

FC: Crouch (6)

FC: Defoe (7)

June 28th: The Confederations Cup was won with the USA winning Nigeria 3-2 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

I was far from happy with some of my teams performances in the tournament, but I had to put that behind me and concentrate on getting my team to the World Cup

Theres a few games left in qualifying and he usual couple of games towards the end of the season.

Salkster: Gerrard suffered a bad injury before the end of the season so might not be ready for the opening games in the new season

September 5th; England v Cyprus; World Cup 2010 Qualifier (Old Trafford)

We started off slowly as we struggled to string together more than a couple of passes. Luckily for us Cyprus were no match for us so they didn’t really threaten us. It took us till the 29th minute for us to have our first real effort as Rooney fired just wide of the upright. This was quickly followed by Terry heading into the keepers hands. On the 44th minute we finally broke the deadlock as G.Neville finally broke his England duck with a complete fluke of a goal, as his cross spooned off his boot to loop over the keepers head.

The second half was all us as my players notched it up a gear started to dominate easily and on the 66th minute we added a second goal as Wright-Phillips fired in from the corner of the area with a brilliant curling effort. This was followed five minutes later by J.Cole heading in bravely from Walcott’s cross to give us a convincing 3-0 victory

England 3 G.Neville 44, Wright-Phillips 66, J.Cole 71

Cyprus 0

Man of Match: J.Cole (England)

Booked; Rooney

Attendance: 76,195

Player Ratings;

RB: G.Neville (8)

CB: Terry (cap) (7)

MR: Wright-Phillips (8)

ML: J.Cole (7)

MC: Walcott (8)

FC: Rooney (7)

September 9th: Norway v England; World Cup 2010 Qualifier (Ulleval Stadion, Oslo)

All the good work in the previous game was flushed down the crapper as Norway beat us convincingly. We did however start the better as we passed the Norwegians off the pitch and on the 11th minute we had the ball in the net but Hargreaves had been adjudged to have fouled the defender on the way. On the 39th minute we conceded the first goal as Braaten fired past Foster after getting past a very static A.Cole. Three minutes later they had doubled there lead as Pedersen ran in from the wing to fire past our keeper. I couldn’t believe my defence were being so sloppy.

At the break I changed things around a little with Glen Johnson coming on for G.Neville, Leighton Baines coming on for J.Cole and Agbonlahor coming on for Owen.

I was punished for making so many changes as within five minutes of the restart Norway were a further goal ahead with a thunderous effort from Iversen. After the goal though my players began to actually play some football and we controlled much of the game but just failed to get anything.

Norway 3 Braaten 39, Pedersen 42, Iversen 50

England 0

Man of Match: Pedersen (Norway)

Booked: No English Player

Attendance; 25,509

Player Ratings:

RB: G.Neville (5) sub 45 G.Johnson (7)

CB: Terry (cap) (6)

MR: Wright-Phillips (6)

ML: Walcott (6)

MC: J.Cole (6) sub 45 L.Baines (7)

FC: Owen (6) sub 45 Agbonlahor (6)

This loss has left it very tight at the top of the table. My players now know that we must get some sort of result against Northern Ireland to stand a chance of qualifying

October 10th: England v Northern Ireland: World Cup 2010 Qualifier (Old Trafford)

My players knew what they had to do, if we lose were out, a win or a draw would see us through to the play offs

Northern Ireland started the better as they kept the ball away from my players with alittle bit too much ease. On the 11th minute they had the chance to take the lead but there effort luckily for us was very poor and the shot went high and wide. Six minutes later they came close again but this time they were denied by the brilliance of Foster. On the 28th minute Irelands pressure eventually paid off as Clingan headed past Foster after Terry failed to jump high enough for the corner. I wasn’t best pleased with how my team were playing and at the interval I laid into my players.

I also made a change as Rooney came on for Owen who had been playing pretty poorly.

The second half was alittle different as my players started to show some passion in there game and on the 54th minute we got the equaliser as Walcott broke clear of the defence to slot past the Irish keeper after J.Cole made space for him. The goal lifted my players and we started to play a lot better and on the 74th minute we went into the lead as Hargreaves fired in a corker from 25 yards after the Irish midfield kept on backing away from him. It was getting too easy for us as we dominated the end of the game and on the 84th minute we wrapped the game up as J.Cole fired in from the edge of the area to give us a flattering 3-1 victory and a place in the Play Off draw.

England 3 Walcott 54, Hargreaves 74, J.Cole 84

Northern Ireland 1 Clingan 28

Man of Match: J.Cole (England)

Booked: Terry

Attendance; 76173

Player Ratings:

RB: G.Neville (7)

CB: Terry (cap) (7)

MR: Walcott (7)

ML: J.Cole (8)

MC: Wright-Phillips (7)

FC: Owen (6) sub 45 Rooney (8)

FC: Agbonlahor (5)

Final Qualification Table:

Position¦   Information    ¦     Team                    ¦Games ¦ Won¦ Drawn¦ Lost¦Goals¦ Goals ¦Points¦
       ¦                  ¦                             ¦Played¦    ¦      ¦     ¦ For ¦Against¦      ¦
--------¦------------------¦-----------------------------¦------¦----¦------¦-----¦-----¦-------¦------¦
 1st   ¦   Qualified      ¦     Ukraine                 ¦  8   ¦  5 ¦   3  ¦  0  ¦ 22  ¦  10   ¦  18  ¦
========¦==================¦=============================¦======¦====¦======¦=====¦=====¦=======¦======¦
 [b]2nd   ¦   Play Off       ¦     England                 ¦  8   ¦  5 ¦   1  ¦  2  ¦ 20  ¦  14   ¦  16  ¦[/b]
--------¦------------------¦-----------------------------¦------¦----¦------¦-----¦-----¦-------¦------¦  
 3rd   ¦                  ¦     Northern Ireland        ¦  8   ¦  3 ¦   2  ¦  3  ¦ 15  ¦  13   ¦  11  ¦ 
 4th   ¦                  ¦     Norway                  ¦  8   ¦  2 ¦   3  ¦  3  ¦ 15  ¦  17   ¦   9  ¦ 
 5th   ¦                  ¦     Cyprus                  ¦  8   ¦  0 ¦   1  ¦  7  ¦  9  ¦  27   ¦   1  ¦ 

World Cup 2010 Play Off Draw:

Wales v Switzerland, England v Turkey

Spain v Romania, Croatia v Poland

Archived