[FM15] Europe via anywhere and probably everywhere

kris0710

I tried to get the Forfar job twice on my save and failed each time. Good luck.

I was surprised to be offered it. I didn't exactly go on the charm offensive during the interview.

East Fife 4 Forfar 5? ;)

With my luck i would expect it to be the other way round. (We actually won 3-0)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kUBGa6l.png

Forfar Athletic Football Club - Scottish League Two

April 2017

4HtpFl2.png

Things started well with a deserved point against Clyde before we put East Fife in their place with a stylish second half showing. The big clash with Stenhousemuir saw us beaten for the first time under my charge and all but ended the Play Off dream so for the final two games i experimented with the starting XI. Six under 20 players were given run outs over the 180 minutes along with a few injuries to key players a couple of close defeats was not all negative. The squad building for next season is already under way with four players released, the loanee sent back and another player already agreed to join another club.

UpcmsCt.png

An improvement from where we were seven games ago, closer to the Play Off's than relegation is always a good thing.

| Season  | Club            | Division            | Pos  | Other                                              |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2014/15 | Eastbourne Boro | Vanarama Conf South | 20th | Hired in July, sacked in January                   |
| 2014/15 | Hyde            | Vanarama Conf North | 14th | Took charge in Feb with club 20th                  |
| 2015/16 | Hyde            | Vanarama Conf North | 3rd  | Lost in PO Final to AFC Fylde                      |
| 2016/17 | Hyde            | Vanarama Conf North | 15th | Resigned in Nov, club 15th                         |
| 2016/17 | Lincoln City    | Vanarama Conf Prem  | 20th | Took charge in Nov with club 15th, resigned in Feb | 
| 2016/17 | Forfar Athletic | Scottish League Two | 6th  | Club 7th when took charge in March                 |

Former Club Watch

Eastbourne Borough

| 2014/15 | Vanarama Conf South | 16th | Left the club in Janaury in 20th, survived by 5 points   |
| 2015/16 | Vanarama Conf South | 7th  | Missed a Play Off spot by just 5 points                  |
| 2016/17 | Vanarama Conf South | 14th | A poor season although never in any danger of going down |

Hyde

| 2016/17 | Vanarama Conf North | 15th | Finished where they were when i left, won just 3 of the final 15 games | 

Lincoln City

| 2016/17 | Vanarama Conf Prem  | 20th | Survived on GD, winning just 2 of 10 after i left |

Tough luck with Lincoln. They had potential to move up a division or two if you could have reversed some of the results.

Still, not a bad effort with Forfar. I'm interested to see which non-league team achieves promotion :thup:

Was hoping to stay at Lincoln for a good few years. Four clubs already is bloody useless!

It's Buckie Thistle that have come up, a 94th minute penalty won the Play Off for them! They happen to be our first game of the season too.

kUBGa6l.png

Pre Season - July 2017

Board Expectations

Scottish League Two: Title winners

Scottish Cup: 4th Round

Scottish League Challenge Cup: Be competitive

Scottish League Cup: Be competitive

My Expectations

Scottish League Two: Play Off's

Scottish Cup: 4th Round

Scottish League Challenge Cup: 3rd Round

Scottish League Cup: Be competitive

Summer Transfers

O9yMuiL.png

James Mackay - Joins on a free from lower league Brora he will play mainly back up to DM Nicholson.

Kenny O'Brien - Another from lower leagues O'Brien has played in this division 30 times for Alloa and Berwick.

Lewis Hallford - Was a key figure for promoted Buckie Thistle last season i am hoping he can make the step up.

Ryan Finnie - Released after playing just twice for East Stirlingshire a good trial period led to a year long contract.

Paul Esslemont - Another who impressed on trial, Esslemont joins on a season long loan.

Jack Simpson - Left Falkirk after a good loan spell at League Two side Elgin last year. Was a vital player in both attack and defence during the friendlies.

Alex Donald - An initial month loan as injuries to both AMR leave us short as the season starts.

Finances

Healthy at the moment, £424k i the bank, £6k for transfers and a wage budget of £2,485 of which we are almost spent out.

Results

1zMX2KA.png

A solid summer as we now move into two cup matches before the league starts away at newly promoted Buckie Thistle.

Personal

nPmXz62.png

Thank you Mr Chairman.

Fantastic read. I have just started with Hyde. (First 'job') - look forward to seeing how I progress. The lack of midfielders hurts, strated the first game with a striker playing CM. Lost 6-3.

Managed to sign an excellent striker in Matteo Capitani, only 18.

Pity te Lincoln gamble didn't work out.

It was a shame but things have started well in Scotland. Much better than expected...

Fantastic read. I have just started with Hyde. (First 'job') - look forward to seeing how I progress. The lack of midfielders hurts, strated the first game with a striker playing CM. Lost 6-3.

Managed to sign an excellent striker in Matteo Capitani, only 18.

Part of me regrets leaving Hyde, they certainly seem to be a good club for a long term save.

excellent read mate. Keep up the work and hope to see you get promoted

Thank you. In the summer promotion seemed a long way off but we have started the season strong.

kUBGa6l.png

August 2017

eWAIPiG.png

Two good wins to start the season before we took a beating at East Fife. A trip to newly promoted Buckie Thistle saw loan winger Alex McDonald score three times, fellow winger Morgan and centre back Dunlop amongst the scorers. A very good display saw Elgin City beaten 3-0 with strikes from forward Smyth and centre midfielders Doris and Thomson. Hoping to end the month unbeaten was off the menu within 20 minutes at east Fife who had two goals by then and added a third before Doris scored. A 4th late on sealed the easy win.

MQ9WF4h.png

Scottish League Challenge Cup 1st and 2nd Rounds

kS6fMfJ.png

An east win over Peterhead before we were unlucky to lose against Championship side Livingston. We led from a Doris penalty before goals on 79 and 103 minutes were enough.

Scottish League Cup 1st Round

7F1WMQa.png

Another tight defeat to a Championship side as Raith ran out 1-0 winners with a goal seven minute from time.

Awards

vksguVw.png

gqCEdFG.png

kUBGa6l.png

September 2017

1Vtxvax.png

A fantastic month and reaction to our 4-1 defeat last month. Two very early goals saw off Montrose with McDonald on target twice before going off injured and will keep him out for three months. A huge blow for the loanee who has 5 goals in 4 league games at the age of just 18. A second 2-0 win followed with the opposite winger O'Brien scoring both the goals. Yet another 2-0 followed away to Stenhousemuir with quick goals before half time killing the game off, midfielder Doris yet again on target. September ended with a fast start from Hallford, Doris from the spot and a header from lone frontman Smyth as Albion Rovers were kept at arms length for most of the 90 minutes.

s7apZp2.png

Happy times.

Record

EbpiQ6t.png

Award

w7NAIkt.png

kUBGa6l.png

October 2017

8ndiue2.png

Another three wins and we are flying at the moment. Three goals from midfielders saw us come from behind to beat Peterhead for the second time this season and we matched that feat by beating Buckie Thistle with ease in the end. Another fine wing display saw Milne score twice as we really got better and better the longer the game went on. The month ends with another win, Annan beaten thanks to long range efforts from Milne and Smyth.

rARrLOt.png

Scottish FA Cup 2nd Round

ilAUUgM.png

Eased past the lower league and we host another in Cove Rangers in early November.

Record

XsIJO24.png

Awards

NGLXh6H.png

R0r4isO.png

Impressive start to the season, must be confident of promotion.

Not so much. A poor November coupled with a good run from Stranraer is keeping us off the top.

Brilliant start to the season. Gutted to see Lewis Morgan out for 12 months :(

Can't have it all sadly. On the plus side Alex Donald is just about back to fitness.

Getting too easy in Scotland for you mate :cool:

Far from it, as you will see. Enjoyable all the same though.

Following. :)

Tough few breaks in England, hopefully you can build on this recent success in Scotland.

Thank you.

Hoping to improve my rep in Scotland before moving on but loving being at Forfar so far.

kUBGa6l.png

November 2017

mQR8xSV.png

Just two games this month saw our winning run come to an end but we remain unbeaten since losing in August. A 2-2 draw at Elgin City was a fair result, both sides leading at some point but a free kick from centre midfielder Thomson earned us a point. Another Jordan Smyth goal gave us the points against East Fife, the 18 year old scoring his 8th of the season as my lone front man.

PXXJcAC.png

Still going string at the top, a trip to 2nd placed Stranraer is next for us.

Scottish Cup 3rd Round

m7bBWhz.png

On the end of a big shock, eight wins on the bounce before falling to the lower league side. Cove scored with their only shot of the match as we dominated shots, CCC, possession, pass completed, tackles won, ariel challenges - basically everything but the score! A trip to SPL side Ross County was the reward for Cove.

Award

Umw6oUe.png

kUBGa6l.png

December 2017

8OYYBeb.png

Well we seemed to have forgotten how to score goals. Just four in six games has cost us top spot in the league and raised plenty of questions as we enter January. The loss to Stranraer halved our lead at the top the league and with three poor draws following we lost the lead. In those draws we came from behind in the first two, an 88th minute goal in one and an own goal in another while the third draw needed a penalty save to give us a point. The first win of the month came over 3rd placed Annan with defender McGregor heading in a late winner before lowly Peterhead took a point off us to end 2017 on a bit on a low.

zHuMdHJ.png

Despite recent form if i had been offered joint top at the half way stage with only two defeats in eighteen i would have taken it.

Ouch. Hopefully you can bounce back.

Not looking likely, appear to have lost half the dressing room because i refused to give in to an 18 year old's demands for matches. :thdn:

Seems as the Scottish Cup shambles has been very disruptive. Still in a good position if you can turn it around :thup:

I am actually blaming the fact i saved the game on a winning run! My first game after loading up again was the Scottish Cup and from then we have been terrible in the final third.

kUBGa6l.png

January and February 2018

od7SbSN.png

A terrible month that has made December look excellent! Struggling with injuries i have been forced to use six youngsters during the month but as excuses goes thats pretty lame. Since losing Morgan earlier in the season we have lacked creativity and with Smyth going off the boil too it has led to this.

UKPkzXl.png

Not for the first time in this career i seem to have lost the dressing room. After bringing through an 18 year old he demanded more game time but that was flatly rejected as the players in the CM role's are probably the strongest in my squad. With this half a dozen players kicked off and in the end i am left with about 4 players fighting my corner and the rest unhappy.

1pLuY7v.png

Well that escalated quickly! Stranraer are on an incredible run and seem to have the title in the bag.

RMBcXaG.png

Proud of most of the time in charge here, but the final six games were woeful and with the dressing room against me i felt i had to go.

OX5L8py.png

In the drop zone of the Vanarama Conference i felt this wasn't what i needed at the moment. Seriously considering holding out for a job at the end of the season.

JBdcfJO.png

A nice offer from my former club, i attended with no expectations.

Agmxfmh.png

Well that was a surprise. With them sitting 17th in the Vanarama North i was not ready to take my seat back at Ewen Fields.

ZLuC3dh.png

Fairing slightly better than Hyde in the North division i was initially keen on this role.

4UsHaCM.png

But the sounds of big money issues at the club i opted to stay unemployed.

fuVwuse.png

A huge offer from a Scottish Championship side. Do i really deserve an interview here? It mattered little as the club opted for someone else despite me playing a charm offensive strategy during the interview.

PcrH1UI.png

Just relegated from the Vanarama Conference an interesting chance perhaps. Mow in mid-May the time to get a job has come.

g6vcrFk.png

Finished 6th in the Vanarama North, missed the Play Off's by a single point but a closer look showed 9 defeats from the final 13 league games they had thrown the title away. This is the job i want.

vmHTyw7.png

Lowly Vanarama South side, not for me.

e43n8e4.png

Delighted. Nuneaton was the job i wanted and the job i now have. May 30th is takeover day so i get a full pre season to build/improve the team.

| Season  | Club            | Division            | Pos   | Other                                              |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2014/15 | Eastbourne Boro | Vanarama Conf South | 20th* | Hired in July, sacked in January                   |
| 2014/15 | Hyde            | Vanarama Conf North | 14th  | Took charge in Feb with club 20th                  |
| 2015/16 | Hyde            | Vanarama Conf North | 3rd   | Lost in PO Final to AFC Fylde                      |
| 2016/17 | Hyde            | Vanarama Conf North | 15th* | Resigned in November                               | 
| 2016/17 | Lincoln City    | Vanarama Conf Prem  | 20th* | Took charge in Nov with club 15th, resigned in Feb | 
| 2016/17 | Forfar Athletic | Scottish League Two | 6th   | Club 7th when took charge in March                 |
| 2017/18 | Forfar Athletic | Scottish League Two | 2nd*  | Resigned in February                               |

Former Club Watch

Eastbourne Borough

| 2014/15 | Vanarama Conf South | 16th | Left the club in Janaury in 20th, survived by 5 points   |
| 2015/16 | Vanarama Conf South | 7th  | Missed a Play Off spot by just 5 points                  |
| 2016/17 | Vanarama Conf South | 14th | A poor season although never in any danger of going down |
| 2017/18 | Vanarama Conf South | 9th  | Solid season, never lower than 13th throughout           |

Hyde

| 2016/17 | Vanarama Conf North | 15th | Finished where they were when i left, won just 3 of the final 15 games |
| 2017/18 | Vanarama Conf North | 18th | Just two points above the drop, this is a club in decline              |

Lincoln City

| 2016/17 | Vanarama Conference | 20th | Survived on GD, winning just 2 of 10 after i left                                            |
| 2017/18 | Vanarama Conference | 3rd  | A stunning season ended with a Play Off win. Would have been champions if won the final game |

Forfar Athletic

| 2017/18 | Scottish League Two | 3rd | Lost in the Play Off Final to East Fife, won just 3 of 11 league games after i left |

yLkCKnW.png

Nuneaton Town Football Club - Vanarama Conference North

Pre Season July 2018

Board Expectations

Vanarama Conference North: Reach Playoffs

FA Cup: 1st Round

FA Trophy: 2nd Round

My Expectations

Vanarama Conference North: Play Off's

FA Cup: 1st Round

FA Trophy: Not important

Finances

£29,000 in the bank, none available for transfers and have spent £2,372 of my £4,777 wage budget.

Transfers

8wQaT0H.png

Eight in but three of them have left already. On the 'Out's' side we have lost first teamers Liam Adams, Jon Gill, Ben Harrison and Andreas Arestidou. Those four were key to my plans but as non contract players there was a chance i could lose them. The first three have gone to the Conference with Cheltenham and FGR while keeper Arestidou is now with League 1 side MK Dons.

Jack McMullen - Back up player joins on a non contract basis following his release from Worcester.

Kieran Scantlebury - Another back up player signed who has Conference experience with Dartford and Conference South with Kingstonian.

Joe Taylor - Brought in on loan from parent club Coventry. Started 3 times for League 1 Coventry last year and came on ten times.

Trevor Lees - A second loanee from Coventry his only previous experience came with Conference North side Boston last year, featuring 16 times.

George Legg - His career started with Reading but his only playing time was at Wealdstone on loan in the Vanarama South. A free move to Chester followed and he played 24 times in the Conference conceding just 21 times. With my number one leaving Legg has that shirt to start the season.

Results

WCacrVl.png

A strong start but pre season has ended very poorly. Concerned going into the opening fixtures with Bishop's Stortford, Guiseley and Macclesfield.

yLkCKnW.png

August 2018

AdbE4LU.png

Average start to the season with six points from twelve available. Kicked off the season with a win thanks to a late winner from sub Lee Husbands. A confident mood ahead of my first home game with Guiseley but by the break confidence was at rock bottom, 3-0 down and being battered. Fearing a huge beating half time saw us going very defensive and counter attacking which led to us winning the second period 1-0. Two goals in first half stoppage time from Lenell John-Lewis, the second a penalty saw us look on track for three points at Macclesfield. Milan Thompson then scored twice in a minute (82 and 83) and the home side completed the turnaround in the 88th minute. August ends with a well earned victory over Southport, right back Gardner and left sided midfielder Lees scoring the goals inside 19 minutes.

XWO49d8.png

yLkCKnW.png

September 2018

gWVTYVH.png

Personally i am happy with a busy month that has seen us beaten just once. Started with a 2-0 win over Boston, again goals in the opening 45 minutes doing the job for us. A disappointing draw against Colwyn Bay saw the away side play 40 minutes with ten men but we failed to break them down. Losing 2-0 at half time to Hednesford i was crying out for a dour 0-0 but the second half saw a much better display and quick goals from Thorniley and James tied the game up. Another tight home game saw us sneak home thanks to a late first half header from Charlee Adams then came the defeat. Chorley handed us a beating with much thanks to first half hat trick hero Dayle Southwell. We were woeful for the best part of 75 minutes, too much passing between the back four and failing to create space in the final third. A much needed reaction came at home to North Ferriby where we came back from behind twice, winning from the penalty spot through Elliott Durrell.

BgSdmR3.png

Handily placed after 10 games. Although...

Oh dear

Mu66pKU.png

Following the North Ferriby win i am greeted with this message.

FA Cup 2nd Quali. Round

UaY8REf.png

Sat back and soaked up plenty of Colwyn Bay pressure before two counter attacking goals earned us a home tie with league rivals and leaders Macclesfield.

yLkCKnW.png

October 2018

WMLKXXk.png

A strong start to the month but ultimately ended in disappointment. A thrilling 4-3 win at Brackley saw us come from behind three times to win in the final minutes. A brace from winger Durrell and goals from subs John-Lewis and Husbands brought us home the three points. A fast start saw us lead 2-0 against Stalybridge inside 23 minutes thanks to a John-Lewis brace. An early second half goal from the away side changed the flow of the match and we ended up clinging on to the points. Very disappointing at FC United, well beaten at 2-0 despite the home sides poor league position and then defeat to fellow Play Off chasers Leamington has seen us drop out of the top 5.

VeMWG5U.png

FA Cup 3rd and 4th Quali. Rounds

7hTSAPd.png

Two more home wins, with clean sheets against fellow Vanarama Conference North sides puts us into the 1st Round. The draw has been okay too, a trip to league and local rivals Tamworth. Interestingly we also travel to The Lamb for a league match a week before the cup.

Movember

TbUAbND.png

yLkCKnW.png

November 2018

zvmisI5.png

Very happy with that month, unbeaten and dropping just four points from our five games. The local derby at Tamworth was very much a case of points dropped as we led and restricted the home side to not a single shot on target but their goal came from a cross that was turned in by defender Taylor. We responded well with a comfortable 1-0 at home to Gainsborough, again the opposition failed to register a shot on target. A first half treble from John-Lewis helped defeat struggling Worcester 4-1 before we needed a second half fightback to beat Harrogate. Ended the month how we started with a point at former club Hyde. 2-0 up at the break i thought the hard work was done by Hyde had other ideas and came back to share the points.

GLaJ9fu.png

Just can't seem to break into the top five at the moment.

FA Cup 1st Round

Tz6MP2Y.png

All the goals in the first half of this tie and fierce rivals Tamworth became the fourth victim from the same division in the FA Cup. The 2nd Round draw see's us travel to Vanarama Conference side Aldershot. Not a bad draw on the face of it, winnable with the 3rd Round closing in.

Award

x9oKhd8.png

:thup:

yLkCKnW.png

December 2018

5sxggn8.png

Not the best of months but i suppose picking up two wins keeps us ticking along nicely. We played well at home to Bradford PA but an off day for striker John-Lewis kept the away side in the match right to the end before we were soundly beaten by high flying Barrow. With a late goal from Lee's seeing off Bishop's Stortford we had another match with a side above us and again it ended in defeat. Guiseley were not much better throughout the match but a goal from a free kick inside the final seven minutes separated the sides. Despite the loss i can take heart that we aren't too far from the top sides despite us by far spending the least on wages in this division.

QzATXPu.png

The top three are looking like running away a little now, although a New Year match at Southport could drag us back into the title scene.

FA Cup 2nd Round

iBTOnaq.png

Not sure if i am angry, upset or just embarrassed by this result. A trip to 10th placed Aldershot from the league above gave us a glimmer of hope that we could make the 3rd Round and possibly a money spinning tie. 3-0 down after 11 minutes the cup dream became a nightmare. Aldershot were drawn away to Championship side Huddersfield in Round Three.

FA Trophy Northern Section 3rd Quali. Round

NcUcvMM.png

No cup run here as league rivals North Ferriby sent us out in Extra Time. Just the league to concentrate on now.

yLkCKnW.png

January 2019

UnRwIVm.png

Having kicked off the New Year with defeat to Macclesfield i had little hope when travelling to Southport but i tinkered slightly with selection and tactics that helped us to a deserved point. Elliott Durrell was on top form as we just about saw off Boston United and it was an early stunner from John-Lewis that sealed the points at Colwyn Bay. Yet another month done where we are accumulating some decent points in the race for a top five finish.

reqPbYa.png

A little way off the top but a little buffer to the chasing pack outside the Play Off's

Record

vMD63kK.png

Not bad for a striker who i expected to start the season third choice! What do i know, eh?

yLkCKnW.png

February 2019

HlIsXAd.png

A perfect away showing kicked off February where we sat back, allowed AFC Telford to play until the 65th minute then i brought on my two wide attacking players rested for this one and set up to counter and do it quickly. The two subs scored the three goals between them in the final 18 minutes and this performance ranks up there with the two Hednesford wins i had in charge of Hyde. A big game with fellow Play Off chasers Chorley brought a dour 0-0, neither side looking threatening until the final five minutes. The same could not be said for the Hednesford game as both sides went for it, attack after attack with my wide men again coming to our rescue as we trailed at the break. North Ferriby again were a thorn in our side, easing to a 3-0 win that not many would have predicted beforehand. Finally we played Brackley and this match was more of a let down than the defeat previously. A goal down the away side had two players sent off and within four minutes of each card we scored to lead. But a poor defensive header gifted the away side an unlikely point and that was a chance missed, massively.

hb01q2e.png

Those Brackley points dropped keep us an arms length from the top three.

yLkCKnW.png

March 2019

YeFKcf9.png

A top month for us just when we needed it. Had to come from behind to see of Stalybridge then we got the better of FC United thanks to goals from the wide men Lees and Durrell. Away to Leamington saw us fall 2-0 behind and at the break we looked out of the game. Two goals back then a lovely assist from youth debutant Long set up John-Lewis for the first of his two. We hosted the derby against Tamworth and ran out winners for the second time this term thanks to a late goal from Lees. March came to a close with us being behind twice to Gainsborough before leading 3-2 in the 62nd minute. Three points turned into one with a poor header from Gardner let in the striker to score with 12 minutes left.

jT0CYSs.png

Five teams battling for one automatic spot. Only twice during the run do teams come head to head, Chorley host Guiseley and on the final day Barrow host...Us!!

Award

trhhV7L.png

yLkCKnW.png

April 2019

8sIaqZR.png

A damp and dull end to what has been a great season so far. Drawing at home to bottom club Worcester then losing at Harrogate ended our title hopes so the attention turned to grabbing a Play Off place. Seeing off former club Hyde and Bradford PA meant our season would continue for another two games at least so a changed side took to the field at Champions Barrow and ran them close, very close in fact - the winner coming in the 88th minute.

GAEuH06.png

Very happy to finish 4th, bring on Southport.

Record

uDNK7jH.png

yLkCKnW.png

May 2019

Play Off Semi Finals 1st Leg

ewPsobd.png

A very poor first leg. Neither side did much in front of goal and this had 0-0 written all over it. We have our work cut out in the 2nd leg.

UgMkTma.png

A bit of a surprise, my money was on Guiseley.

Play Off Semi Finals 2nd Leg

nZVK51b.png

From the 3 games against Southport this season they lack real creatively in the middle of the park so todays job was to close down, win the ball and keep it. We executed that perfectly.

U7U1hVD.png

Words wouldn't do justice to this match. Spectacular.

ntjkqep.png

Home advantage in the Final, 90 minutes from my first promotion. :thup:

Archived