Things you didn't know you could do in FM

I believe that the ALT - F4 combination not only takes a screenshot, but can in some cases turn your chairman into a sugar-daddy. This only usually occurs if the game hasn't been saved for over 2 hours IRL...

LOL!! Awesome.

If it's your birthday in real life and in the game at the same time you get a happy birthday news item from SI :)

(Example: Let's say your birthday is christmas... and in real life it's Christmas day... you're playing FM when the in-game FM world rolls around to Christmas day... you get the news item). Providing of course you gave your manager the same birthday :)

Oh, and a big thank you for the "view highlights" poster. I didn't know that :D

wow dude,you have 1k post's and didnt know bout it...i found it in my first days with fm07 :)

When you are adding players to positional training regimes hold (alt or ctrl - I forget which) on the triangular icon to the left of the player name of your first DL and also on the last DL then right click and select training regimes to allocate all DL's to a full back routine. Repeat for all positions

Saves you clicking on each individually

If you're having a bit of a hazzle by clubs charging annoying immense amounts for a player, because the club in mention doesn't want to sell, you can sometimes get a knock-down price (I call it a fair deal ^_^) by adding value in a form they really don't want.

ex. I tried to capture Alou Diarra from Girondins Bordeaux. The bastards wanted over 20mill.£ for him, which was more that I could afford and wanted to pay. My Ass Man noticed that they where searching for a right midfielder and a striker, so In addition to about 10mill£ cash I added two reserves in each positions, both in the value-region of 2-3mill£, added 50% of next sale clause, 1.2mill£ over 24 months and 2mill£ after 50 league appearances.

When they responded they must have liked the offer in total value, but not the different clauses connected to it. Instead of changing the offer to more cash on the spot, they simply removed the two strikers, the 50% of next sale and the 2mill£ after 50 league appearances, so the offer was 10mill£ cash and 1.2mill£ over 24 months... :D

I'm not sure how it would work on other transfers as I have only done it twice by accident. But my theory is simply what I explained before. They loved the offer in total value, but hated the additions to the offer. These two things must clash so that they accept the offer, but remove the things they don't like. Or maybe I was just lucky.

It should be noted that since Alou Diarra was 27 at the time, they did not want the 50% of next sale clause. This will probably NOT work with younger players, since there's a good chance they will be sold for larger value in the future. The guys you offer must probably also be players that they regard as valuable, but are not interested in... The "after 50 appearances"-clause should work in most cases (if it works after my theory) since it's a pretty bad deal.

Yet another note: If you want to be able to call yourself a "true manager" when you look at yourself in the mirror, you should think of this as an exploit/cheat. I'm not planning on using it... Well perhaps if a club is insanely unwilling to be reasonable. :D

Actually, less cheating but along these lines...

(amounts written assuming total end transfer of around 15-20 mil. Adjust for lower league management or bargain buying)

If I enquire about a player, get told to shove off, then have a bid countered I'll increase my origional bid by a couple of million. Never offer what they ask for.

Most clubs will then come down to less than a midway point.

If they are annoying you, add 3-4 mil then make it non negotiable. Often they will bite.

i know this is a really little thing but only this morning, i realised when you look at coach reports, it isn't just the assmans report you can see, theres a drop down menu enabling you to look at all the coaches reports on this player too......not that they are even the slighest bit different.

When looking at this you can use the quick flick buttons to show the same coach's report on the other players, useful when one of your coaches has a better JA or JPA attributes then your ass man.

You can set your own player instruction presets by tinkering with a xml file.

I can't remember who told me that one, it was in the tactics forum somewhere.

I think I did a load of them for 07 and put them on sortitousi.net

Should really do some more of that stuff when 09 is released.

Great thread this!

I knew about everything mentioned except the full screen 'alt & F9' for screenshots (saves messing about with paint)

The 'alt & F11' for full screen was handy, it didnt effect me personally as I use the Steklo v1.3 which gives you a tab during games to go full screen....but my mate who is using a different skin didnt have that option....until I told him about the 'alt & F11' - I had previously thought it was just because my screen is bigger than his (doh)!!

Archived