AMD processers, new FM pc

Buying a new pc for FM, the one I am looking at has an AMD FX-4300 4 cores 3.8ghz, 4MB cache. I have never used AMD before can anyone tell me if there any good? Thanks.

I'm running an FX-8350 and am pretty happy with it. Runs FM better than any PC I've had previous to it. If it meets your needs, you'll probably not notice a difference between AMD and Intel. That said, remember that one of AMD's biggest selling points over Intel is value for money. Set your expectations accordingly.

If you want real data you could check this out:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/370225-Football-Manager-14-Benchmark-Thread

It's a processor benchmark thread where you can see the actual difference each processor makes in FM.

interesting to note the differences between similar things

looks like base processor speed is DIRECTLY related to how fast the game is

note that #2 actually has more RAM than #1, but has less clock speed

and then compare #6 and #9, identical other than the clock speeds (yet a 21 second difference)

interesting to note the differences between similar things

looks like base processor speed is DIRECTLY related to how fast the game is

note that #2 actually has more RAM than #1, but has less clock speed

and then compare #6 and #9, identical other than the clock speeds (yet a 21 second difference)

FM is currently all about the CPU. Partially due to it still being a 32bit application.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/639540/how-much-memory-can-a-32-bit-process-access-on-a-64-bit-operating-system

More ram isn't going to change anything after a certain point, more CPU power will be more than noticeable

Do not underestimate viruses, spyware and especially background processes, running an antivirus could already influence the results.

Archived