[FM14] The 9.1km Dream - 2nd Attempt.

kris0710

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's quite a wage budget.

Well on the offer it was £7m transfer and £3.3m in wages. On accepting the job my transfer budget was actually £90m and £2.6m on wages of which £1.6m is being spent.

To get rid of the likes of Soldado and Chadli i am having to pay a decent chunk of their wages until the contracts end, not ideal but something i had to do.

ejtSPWN.png

Tottenham Hotspur - Barclays Premier League - Pre Season - 2018/19

Board Expectations

Premier League - Qualify for the Europa League

FA Cup - Quarter Final

Capital One Cup - Not Important

My Expectations

Premier League - Top 6

FA Cup - 5th Round

Capital One Cup - Quarter Final Round

Summer Transfers In

AKAcPH0.png

Seven summer signings but only three for the first team. The other four were signed on behalf of the Head of Youth Development.

Alvaro Morata - Former Real Madrid youngster joined Schalke in 2016 for £12m and scored 26 times in 52 games. Had a release clause which we and Milan matched.

Oscar Hiljemark - Not my first choice but failed to secure the other targets. Big money but i wanted the squad sorted quickly.

Rennan Gloggia - Plenty of clubs sniffing around the Brazilian who has scored 50 times in 122 games for Gremio, Corinthians and PAOK.

Summer Transfers Out

LBYOKYv.png

Plenty of movement out of the club and happy to report everyone i wanted out has gone. With so little money coming in compared to sales i fully expect us to make no more signings until next summer.

Results

HbGX0mQ.png

A very long pre season and it was needed with the new tactic being played. Although the green dots indicate a good summer most of those performances were not that good. Hopefully that will change sooner rather than later.

ejtSPWN.png

Tottenham Hotspur - Barclays Premier League - August - 2018/19

gRUqbU9.png

Not the greatest of starts to my Spurs career. We went to newly promoted Nottingham Forest and despite taking the lead we were very poor for long periods of the game with our goal having a bit of luck to it, the ball rebounding to Paulo Dybala off a defender. The home game with Newcastle saw five changes and a much better performance. Pressure from full back Kyle Walker led to the own goal before Douglas Costa sealed the win with ten minutes left.

XXyPYdt.png

Capital One Cup 2nd Round

eLBpyn6.png

Once again in this competition i made plenty of changes, including Paul Robert breaking the Youngest Player Record at the age of 15 years and 14 days. We won thanks to forward Luke Pepe-Ngoma scoring his first goal for Spurs, his only previous goal was on loan at Premier League Brentford last season. Round 3 see's us host league rivals Everton.

No they can sod off, come on Kris I have faith really, you teased with the job a few times in your Cambridge game it can't be over so early when you finally do take it.

That's some pack of hounds chasing after you. :eek:

Well the first game of October has seen nobody come to watch and i am back to 'Stable' now!

No they can sod off, come on Kris I have faith really, you teased with the job a few times in your Cambridge game it can't be over so early when you finally do take it.

Need to find a way to score goals, sort that out and things will be fine. Easier said than done perhaps.

ejtSPWN.png

Tottenham Hotspur - Barclays Premier League - September - 2018/19

UcgkZTB.png

A difficult month of fixtures and we had the results to match. As seen already every game i have there is another manager just waiting to jump into my seat. A good October is needed.

oGBAW3p.png

ejtSPWN.png

Tottenham Hotspur - Barclays Premier League - October - 2018/19

izcuW15.png

Well we are hard to beat! A small positive but our failure to win games is becoming a real problem. I wonder how much patience the board have left.

ivmq3PM.png

ejtSPWN.png

Tottenham Hotspur - Barclays Premier League - November - 2018/19

IcmBxYn.png

Another month without a win has seen the board question me twice. The first over our dour showing against Swansea then following the draw with Fulham i was set the task of getting 9 points from 5 games that included Arsenal and Manchester City.

xI6A0bE.png

ejtSPWN.png

Tottenham Hotspur - Barclays Premier League - December - 2018/19

DDHOJQ5.png

By our standards a fantastic month with good draws against the big guns and beating Everton. Going into the Reading trip a win would have kept me employed by sadly it was not to be.

kLFWQO9.png

If i had been offered 4 defeats from the first 17 PL games i would have been delighted with that back in August.

QIVEim5.png

Just 24 hours before i was sacked the Leicester job became available...Interesting.

Gutted that it is over so soon, far from terrible in terms of number of defeats though getting turned over by Swansea and Reading is poor but it's something Spurs do quite often anyway.

Despite the position I feel the decision is harsh just a shame you couldn't find a winner in a few of those draws, only 16 goals in 17 games though :(

A return to Leicester? might be good but looks like it will be tough but with less expectations.

Gutted that it is over so soon, far from terrible in terms of number of defeats though getting turned over by Swansea and Reading is poor but it's something Spurs do quite often anyway.

Despite the position I feel the decision is harsh just a shame you couldn't find a winner in a few of those draws, only 16 goals in 17 games though :(

A return to Leicester? might be good but looks like it will be tough but with less expectations.

In fairness Reading are flying high this season. I can see why i was sacked but we were only a goalscorer away from being a top 6 six. If i was any of another 14 PL teams i doubt i would have been sacked.

Leicester return would be good, with the Transfer Window open i would get a chance to bring in my own players. We shall see...

Sad to see you get sacked, but I can understand why. Yes you weren't losing many games, but you couldn't quite seem to find the wins to satisfy the board. Good luck with your next venture, interesting if you go back to Leicester.

Fully justified sacking given they seem to go through a manager a season anyhow.

Leicester interested me but i applied too late. Next stop is Belgium...

mmBVDdh.png

Club Brugge KV - Jupiler Pro League - January - 2018/19

SvLwkkY.png

Seem to have fallen on my feet with this role. Not the biggest of leagues but taking charge of a club 2nd in the table mid way through January is not something that happens often.

Club Background

qhXZ5ej.png

Table

zW0uK5v.png

In great form and challenging for the title. After looking at the squad i need a left back as there isn't currently a fit one at the club and we are also short in the right back role. From the middle going forward i am delighted with the squad.

Pity you just couldn't get the wins together at Spurs.

Didn't end how i hoped. Rather wish i'd stayed at Leicester.

Sitting quite nicely in the league already, hope you can build up from that.

Certainly hope so. A good chance of a league title although the way Belgium works it isn't going to be easy.

A stroke of good fortune you have had there.

Who is the next victim/manager at Spurs?

Very happy with the job at Brugge. A chance to rebuild my damaged rep!

As for Spurs they have opted for Pep Guardiola. He has won 3 and drew 3 of his opening 6 games, two wins against struggling Nott'm Forest and Leeds while beating League One Brighton in the FA Cup. The last three games were draws, Newcastle and Liverpool away and Chelsea at home.

So close at the top there! Looking forward to the nail-biting end of the season!

Should be good fun thats for sure. Need to get the side firing quickly.

Archived