Crazy Canuck on FM14 World Tour - Job Retraining

rancer890

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Ray can grow up a few inches and improve his jumping and on-on-ones, you could be in for a great keeper!

Give it time he's only 16. :)

He's still behind van Galen imo because Ray still hasn't played any meaningful first team games. Ralph is at least in Greece playing. It's probably a risk to eventually start and play two keepers who won't even be 20 but it's something I want to do.

I think that's a risk well worth taking. In one of my games, I actually saw a hugely promising 18y old goalie at Ajax who was not getting play time and I snapped him to be my starter in EPL and CL. We won both titles within two years and that dude was instrumental flying and saving all the shots!

I think that's a risk well worth taking. In one of my games, I actually saw a hugely promising 18y old goalie at Ajax who was not getting play time and I snapped him to be my starter in EPL and CL. We won both titles within two years and that dude was instrumental flying and saving all the shots!

That's something very reassuring. I have taken plenty of risks in this career, but the balance between developing players and winning at this club is a whole new level.

Meijs is also driving me crazy with his good performances. It's hard balancing playing time between 3 strikers, much less 4 or 5 (can't forget about van Osch!). It's a great problem to have. :D

December 2028 Former Clubs Watch

GzjndnM.png

Shanghai Shenhua: They were never really in contention for the title. Shandong Luneng only lost once compared to Shenhua's 6 defeats. They did make it all the way to the ACL Semis though, so that's a plus. They have also decided to sign 6 foreigners in a league where 4 is the max (yes, it's a bug that has been in the league for a while).

Portland Timbers: Led by Gus Brown, the Timbers win the MLS Cup. I am very surprised they have maintained most of the players I have acquired so good for Portland for keeping them and winning.

200px-Ajax_Amsterdam.svg.png

Ajax Amsterdam - Netherlands - 2028/29 Eredivisie Youth Intake

Youth Intake

It's a decent intake. It's not very good compared to intakes in previous years, but they can't be amazing every year.

YP16a - Rene Kuipers - This striker is considered the class of the bunch by my HoYD. He's still very young so lots of time to improve. I will trust his judgement.

YP16b - Youssef Hendriks - I don't play an AML but he could be a good ML in the future. He has a lot of potential and hope he can fulfill that at the club.

You can easily contend that Hendriks is probably the 'A' guy, but they're both going to need a lot of development time to reach their potentials. I'm signing more lower rated guys because there's almost no risk in doing so, and my youth team is a bit small and we need players for the Jong Ajax team.

Kuipers has good mentals, wouldn't suprise if his technicals rose hugely to give you a decent striker with 13-14 finishing, pace and composure

I think that's the best I can hope for. He's very advanced mentally for a 15 year old and he'll have good enough speed for the league. But I had another striker at the club who never developed technically (peaked at 10 finishing), so I am a bit skeptical.

I hope you're right. :)

Ajax Amsterdam - Netherlands - 2028/29 Eredivisie

Standings | Fixtures | Past Positions

We were fantastic as we won our second consecutive Eredivisie title. PSV gave us pressure but we did enough to clinch the title with a game to spare.

KNVB Beker

I played my youth for the entire competition and I'm very pleased we got to the semis with this group.

UEFA Champions League

I did really well in my first attempt at the Champions League in my career. We had a tough group, and results didn't go our way, but we still finished 2nd. Spurs was a tough opponent in the First Knockout Round but we found a way to win. The Quarters were too much though as PSG (the best club in Europe according to coefficients) easily defeated us. But it was a good learning experience.

Squad | Transfers

More like small changes rather than changing the team. But we could sell a bunch of players and buy new ones (or develop our youth) because some clubs with serious financial muscle want our players. Unfortunately some players didn't do so well this season (look at my striker group...). Things will have to improve on that front.

GK - Armands Melgalvis | Jacopo Pagnini | Ray van Gelder (YP15a) | Ralph van Galen (YP14c)

DR - Jeremy Pascal | Khaled Kermiche | Jeffrey van der Vlugt (YP14d)

DC - Allan Nielsen | Jean-Marie Martin

DC - Paupol Ngoy | Marko Djurovic | Marco Karakaya (YP15d)

DL - Fernando Rivas | Yaw Yeboah

DM - Illias Tokpasidis | Imad El Amrani | Roel Parris (YP14b)

MR - Jose Vicente | Frantisek Nemec

ML - Renzo Hidalgo

AMC - Aad Inia | Rignald Gace | Juraj Svoboda

ST - Pablo Machain | Maximilien Jacques | Jerry van Osch

ST - Franco Ercoreca | Jeffrey Meijs (YP14a)

Ajax MVP: Jose Vicente - Led the club in goals and assists. But will I sell him with Barcelona and Schalke showing major interest?

Ajax Newcomer of the Year: Jeffrey Meijs (YP14a) - Okay, he's not a newcomer to the team. But this is the first season that he'll been a feature for most of the competitive games at Ajax. He could improve against better opponents, but he's only 18.

Ajax Youth Player of the Year: Jeffrey Meijs (YP14a) - No contest here.

Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

It's good to see we made a bit more money this season and hope it'll continue next season with the Champions League. :)

We also got a new feeder club in Heracles but they got promoted from the Jupiler League. I do hope to keep them as an affiliate because I would love to get my players some Eredivisie experience rather than games with Jong Ajax. An affiliation would be helpful for us and Hercules can be an asset and a training ground for our youngsters.

Awards

• Eredivisie Talent van het jaar - Renzo Hidalgo (1st place), Frantisek Nemec (2nd place)

Goals/Observations

• Do we start the youth movement? A lot of our young players are improving and can contribute next season. But do I want to rely on teenagers and manage the fine line between winning and development?
  • The following players are interested: Jose Vicente (Barca, Schalke), Allan Nielson (Torino), Imad El Amrani (HSV), Aad Inia (Tottenham), Jacopo Pagnini (Stuttgart), Paupol Ngoy (Real Madrid, Atletico). Everyone is available at the right price.
  • If Jacques doesn't get his hair back, I'm going to consider selling him! It's like he lost his goal-scoring when he got bald. :D

Career

2013/14: Kitchee SC (Hong Kong) - Won league title, Manager of the Year

2014/15: Kitchee SC (Hong Kong) - Won league title, Manager of the Year

2015/16: Kitchee SC (Hong Kong) - Won league title, HKFA League Cup, 2015 AFC Cup champions, Manager of the Year

2016/17: kitchee SC (Hong Kong) - Won league title, HKFA League Cup, HKFA League Cup Grand Final, Manager of the Year

2017/18: Kitchee SC (Hong Kong) - Won league title, HKFA League Cup, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield, HK FA Cup, Manager of the Year

2018: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - Joined May 26, 11th-place finish, TOSHIBA FA Cup Finalists

2019: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - 5th-place finish

2020: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - 2nd-place finish, AFC Champions League qualification, Manager of the Year

2021: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - Won league title, AFC Champions League winners, Toshiba FA Cup, CSL All Star Game, Manager of the Year

2022: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - Won league title, AFC Champions League winners, Toshiba FA Cup, Chinese FA Super Cup, CSL All Star Game, Manager of the Year

2023: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - Won league title, Chinese FA Super Cup, CSL All Star Game, Manager of the Year

2024: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - Won league title, Chinese FA Super Cup, CSL All Star Game, Manager of the Year

2025: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - Won league title, Chinese FA Super Cup, Toshiba FA Cup, Manager of the Year

2026: Portland Timbers (USA) - Playoff spot and Western Conference Semi-Finalists, CONCACAF Champions League qualification

2027: Portland Timbers (USA) - Left 4 days before the MLS season-opener!

2026/27: Ajax Amsterdam (Netherlands) - Joined March 2, 2027, 4th-place finish, UEFA Europa League qualification

2027/28: Ajax Amsterdam (Netherlands) - Won league title, KNVB Beker

2028/29: Ajax Amsterdam (Netherlands) - Won league title

Ajax Amsterdam - Netherlands - 2028/29 Eredivisie Youth Project

I think it's time to introduce a new (or old :D) feature here: the youth project. If you haven't noticed, I put the (YP) designations due to an old thread by former FM-player and current YouTuber NepentheZ. Mind, I've always had an informal YP project going at all my clubs, but I never bothered to post a thread, because I was still in the manager progression stage and I wouldn't have stayed long enough to see through their development. A club like Ajax, where a priority on development of academy players as well as young foreign players is widely known, it's really the perfect club for an official YP project post.

This year, I will only include one player, and it should be obvious as to who it is if you follow the thread. The goalies may come later if they feature more. And I'm not going to add everyone. They need to develop and actually play some meaningful games.

Jeffrey Meijs (2027 intake)

Date of Birth: April 16, 2011

Place of Birth: Apeldoorn, Netherlands

Preferred Foot: Right

PPMs: None

Initial Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 3 - Profile

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Team[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assists[/TD]

[TD]MoM[/TD]

[TD]Av R[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2026/27[/TD]

[TD]Ajax[/TD]

[TD]Eredivisie (NED)[/TD]

[TD]0 (1)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.40[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2027/28[/TD]

[TD]Ajax[/TD]

[TD]4 (6)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.84[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2028/29[/TD]

[TD]Jong Ajax[/TD]

[TD]Jupiler League (NED)[/TD]

[TD]0 (1)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2028/29[/TD]

[TD]Ajax[/TD]

[TD]13 (14)[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Career[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]17 (22)[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]-.--[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Notes: It's Meijs's breakout season as he featured more at the club gaining more experience. He did score a lot in the cup competition against weaker teams but he did get some goals in the league and in the UCL. If you compare him right now to 3 years ago as a 15 year old, he improved a lot. It's safe to say he won't be on loan at another club.

Good season, a title, youth got a huge run in cup and all the way to quarters in CL, excellent!

Thanks rodesire!

I wasn't really too fussed with the cup tbh. I didn't use all youths mind, bar the ones that I posted screenshots of.

As for the UCL, we got lucky against Spurs in the first leg. I'm not sure if the club can get back to the Elite Eight, but we'll try. :)

And we also had a UEFA Europa League Final at Amsterdam ArenA, won by....FC Groningen. I was hoping they would lose tbh. :D

But it's good news with Groningen and fair play, which means we have 8 clubs (2 UCL + 6 UEL) getting next season's European competitions. Hopefully that's enough to help us push for top 6 and get an extra UCL spot.

Another steady season in Holland :thup:. Realistically, where do you think you can take Ajax? To the heights of the class of '95? Maybe even replicate the youth that was produced for that '95 win?

Another steady season in Holland :thup:. Realistically, where do you think you can take Ajax? To the heights of the class of '95? Maybe even replicate the youth that was produced for that '95 win?

Realistically, I don't know. :)

We're not good enough to win the UCL right now that's for sure.

I have money to spend if I want to, but I'm not going to spend recklessly for the sake of spending. I will use money on the right players. This isn't a youth challenge (someone else is doing that anyway :D) but developing youth is a big part of this club, so might as well use it. It's going to take a few more seasons for me to see if I can bring Ajax to a UCL win.

TBF, I did win the continental title at my previous stops in my 3rd full season at a club...and I'm entering my 3rd full season at Ajax. So we'll see. :D

Ajax Amsterdam - Netherlands - 2029 Off-season Transfers

Transfers

When it was all said and done, we had a whooping $100 million transfer budget. As you can see though, we didn't spend anywhere close to it (not for a lack of trying). :D

Viliame Bola - Everyone's favourite Fijian is joining Ajax :D. He replaces Ngoy. Wages are pretty high, but we made a huge net profit in transfers, so we have a bit of room to pay him a bit more. The bonus is that he counts as HG in nation because he spent time with Zwolle and De Graafschap before his move to tycoon-backed Korona Kielce

Atanas Popov - A young defender who has a lot of potential. He can start for us but for now he's a bench player. The most important thing for him to get experience playing in the Eredivisie.

Giorgos Perperidis - He was 3.5 stars before I signed but he's now down to 3 stars :D. I think he's still young though so I think he can contribute. I don't think one of my YPs, Roel Parris, is good enough.

Matteo Ceci - A last minute loan signing on transfer deadline day. I only have Hidalgo who can play LM, so Ceci can back him up at least. A $2.5 million backup isn't that bad given the money we have.

Lots of players have left the club, as you can see, like Fernando Rivas (one year left on contract and only 2.5 stars CA/PA), Paupol Ngoy (wanted to leave, he got more salary and I got good money), Jose Vicente (28 years old, declining attributes, and his value won't get higher), Armands Melgalvis (don't need him), Imad El Amrani (don't need him), and Pablo Machain (wanted to pave the way for my young strikers, and he's not that good anyway. The money was too good to turn down).

Ray van Gelder and Marco Karakaya leave on loan for so much needed first-team experience. I'm not sure how van Gelder can deal with EPL competition, but I trust in Wolves to at least not leave him out to dry every game....

====

Contract Situation

With a year remaining on my contract, the board offered me a new 5 year deal, which I accepted. It's the same money though, at $1.3 million a season. I don't think they trust me. They even added a 35% wage drop if I get relegated. :D

I wanted more money but I'm happy here so I'll just get the job security and keep winning.

====

UEFA Champions League

Groups A-E

Groups F-H

We're in a tough Group E, with Dortmund and Atletico (again). The other club is Danish club AaB. I hope we can get 2nd, or at least get into the Europa league knockout rounds.

====

In league news, there's actually two tycoons in the league now: FC Groningen, and FC Twente.

August 2029 Former Clubs Watch

h487JP4.png

Kitchee: A disappointing season for Kitchee as they aren't even close to winning the league title, and aren't going to be in the 2030 AFC Cup either. They also failed to get to the Knockout Rounds of the 2029 AFC Cup, finishing 3rd in the Group Stage.

December 2029 Former Clubs Watch

0t7Gfa1.png

Shanghai Shenhua: The fun is over :(. I really don't see Shenhua winning a league title anymore which is sad. The CSL isn't that good nowadays either, dropping to a 2 star league.

Portland Timbers: A great regular season (finished 2nd in the Supporters Shield standings) but couldn't make it count in the playoffs. At least they made the CCL again.

Bola certainly look like an excellent defender.

He was the best I could find in the window but he's been amazing for us. He's our best defender in he first half of the season. :)

The fact that he takes up one of the 8 slots for 'Trained in Nation' for the UCL didn't hurt either. :D

Ajax Amsterdam - Netherlands - 2029/30 Eredivisie Youth Intake

Youth Intake

Awful intake, but we had some good ones over the years, so I guess this is the bad year. I'm not sure why the game gave us 4 Brazilians. We don't have any Brazilian staff members. :D (although we do have a Brazilian feeder club. Which is why we have Brazilian youths. So that solves that question!)

But we do have 2 half-Ghanaians, a half-Indonesian, and a half-Canadian. I guess this intake gets an A+ on diversity and a D on talent. :)

I'm still waiting for the half-HK and half-Chinese youths!!! We have a lot of Chinese/HK staff, mostly my former players!

YP17a - Deodatus Aidoo - Could be decent. Awesome name though.

The rest aren't that good but who knows what will happen. U18 non-EU players can't participate in the Youth League, so not sure if the Affiliation is worth it, but the youths are 365 days from Dutch citizenship. I'm going to setup another feeder where I can get foreign youths. :D (but they're going to be EU nationals because of the youth league rules)

Ajax Amsterdam - Netherlands - 2029/30 Eredivisie

Standings | Fixtures | Past Positions

Crap season, but PSV were the better team in 2029/30. We had to win the last game of the season and get a lucky result for us to just get into the UCL, which fortunately happened. But make no mistake, it was a poor season.

KNVB Beker

Our performance in the cup was disappointing.

UEFA Champions League

We were fantastic in the Group Stage, and did well in the knockout rounds, making it to the Quarters, but we lost because of the ref (ok we weren't not very good passing-wise, but I stand my ground. We could have won that game :D). I made my feelings known in the post-game presser. The red card was weak.

We also didn't lose a single match, which was kind of nice.

Squad | Transfers

The team lacked depth, and relying on the youngsters wasn't a great idea.

GK - Ralph van Galen (YP14c) | Jacopo Pagnini | Ray van Gelder (YP15a)

DR - Khaled Kermiche | Jeffrey van der Vlugt (YP14d)

DC - Allan Nielsen | Jean-Marie Martin

DC - Viliame Bola | Marko Djurovic

DL - Yaw Yeboah | Atanas Popov

DM - Illias Tokpasidis | Giorgos Perperidis | Roel Parris (YP14b)

MR - Jeremy Pascal | Frantisek Nemec | Alessandro Gobbi

ML - Renzo Hidalgo

AMC - Aad Inia | Maarten Graafland (YP15c) | Rignald Gace | Juraj Svoboda

ST - Maximilien Jacques

ST - Franco Ercoreca | Jeffrey Meijs (YP14a)

Ajax MVP: Franco Ercoreca - He was awesome this season. Scored lots of timely goals.

Ajax Newcomer of the Year: Viliame Bola - The Fijian was a solid defender in his first season at the club.

Ajax Youth Player of the Year: Ralph van Galen (YP14c) - Took over the starting job in the season and did very well.

Ajax Comeback Player of the Year: Maximilien Jacques - From 7 goals and 7 assists last season to 25 goals and 19 assists this season. He was awesome and chipped in when Ercoreca struggled.

Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

Finances are actually as of the new season (2030/31). Accounting wise, we made $54 million in the past season (2029/30).

We're going to have to fix the money a bit, because expenditure is $26 million more than income....but the entire accounting a bit screwed up because the prize money counts as part of the 2030/31 income. And we didn't get our UCL money yet since the final hasn't been played yet. So I think we're fine but I'm not sure. :D

Goals/Observations

• The youth movement wasn't successful. I think we should have bought more players. PSV had better players or more veteran depth and that's why they won and we didn't. I should remember that if a player is good enough, then he's good enough...
  • However, we are going to roll with our 2 youth GKs next season.
  • We will spend this summer, no question about. Especially so given the long term injuries at the club. A new DM and MR is needed. Pascal is better as a DR anyway.

Career

2013/14: Kitchee SC (Hong Kong) - Won league title, Manager of the Year

2014/15: Kitchee SC (Hong Kong) - Won league title, Manager of the Year

2015/16: Kitchee SC (Hong Kong) - Won league title, HKFA League Cup, 2015 AFC Cup champions, Manager of the Year

2016/17: kitchee SC (Hong Kong) - Won league title, HKFA League Cup, HKFA League Cup Grand Final, Manager of the Year

2017/18: Kitchee SC (Hong Kong) - Won league title, HKFA League Cup, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield, HK FA Cup, Manager of the Year

2018: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - Joined May 26, 11th-place finish, TOSHIBA FA Cup Finalists

2019: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - 5th-place finish

2020: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - 2nd-place finish, AFC Champions League qualification, Manager of the Year

2021: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - Won league title, AFC Champions League winners, Toshiba FA Cup, CSL All Star Game, Manager of the Year

2022: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - Won league title, AFC Champions League winners, Toshiba FA Cup, Chinese FA Super Cup, CSL All Star Game, Manager of the Year

2023: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - Won league title, Chinese FA Super Cup, CSL All Star Game, Manager of the Year

2024: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - Won league title, Chinese FA Super Cup, CSL All Star Game, Manager of the Year

2025: Shanghai Shenhua (China) - Won league title, Chinese FA Super Cup, Toshiba FA Cup, Manager of the Year

2026: Portland Timbers (USA) - Playoff spot and Western Conference Semi-Finalists, CONCACAF Champions League qualification

2027: Portland Timbers (USA) - Left 4 days before the MLS season-opener!

2026/27: Ajax Amsterdam (Netherlands) - Joined March 2, 2027, 4th-place finish, UEFA Europa League qualification

2027/28: Ajax Amsterdam (Netherlands) - Won league title, KNVB Beker

2028/29: Ajax Amsterdam (Netherlands) - Won league title

2029/30: Ajax Amsterdam (Netherlands) - 2nd-place finish, UEFA Champions League qualification

Ajax Amsterdam - Netherlands - 2029/30 Eredivisie Youth Project

One new inductee! Not too surprisingly if you decide to guess as it's Ralph van Galen.

Jeffrey Meijs (2027 intake)

Date of Birth: April 16, 2011

Place of Birth: Apeldoorn, Netherlands

Preferred Foot: Right

Initial Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 4 - Profile

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Team[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assists[/TD]

[TD]MoM[/TD]

[TD]Av R[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2026/27[/TD]

[TD]Ajax[/TD]

[TD]0 (1)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.40[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2027/28[/TD]

[TD]Ajax[/TD]

[TD]4 (6)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.84[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2028/29[/TD]

[TD]Jong Ajax[/TD]

[TD]Jupiler League (NED)[/TD]

[TD]0 (1)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2028/29[/TD]

[TD]Ajax[/TD]

[TD]13 (14)[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2029/30[/TD]

[TD]Ajax[/TD]

[TD]9 (28)[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.74[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Career[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]26 (50)[/TD]

[TD]19[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Notes: A very tough season for Meijs as increased playing time didn't lead to more goal-scoring production. He wasn't very good as the first (and only) striker option off the bench as he struggled to get into rhythm.

Ralph van Galen (2027 intake)

Date of Birth: March 26, 2011

Place of Birth: Amsterdam, Netherlands

Preferred Foot: Left

Initial Profile

End of Season 4 - Profile

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Team[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Conceded[/TD]

[TD]Clean Sheets[/TD]

[TD]MoM[/TD]

[TD]Av R[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2026/27[/TD]

[TD]Ajax[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2027/28[/TD]

[TD]Ajax[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2028/29[/TD]

[TD]APO Levadeiakos[/TD]

[TD]Superleague (GRE)[/TD]

[TD]40[/TD]

[TD]53[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.68[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2029/30[/TD]

[TD]Ajax[/TD]

[TD]27[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.03[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Career[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]67[/TD]

[TD]78[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Notes: Had a great season with Ajax after a season on loan in Greece. He's developing very nicely and will definitely get a new contract.

world-cup-vector-logo.png

2030 FIFA World Cup - Hosts: Spain

Group Stage:

A - Costa Rica (7), Egypt (4), Spain (3), Ireland (3)

B - Netherlands (6), Iran (6), Switzerland (4), Ecuador (1)

C - Italy (7), Romania (4), Saudi Arabia (3), Algeria (3)

D - Sweden (7), Uruguay (6), Germany (3), Iraq (1)

E - England (9), Chile (6), Mexico (3), Slovakia (0)

F - Mali (7), Croatia (5), Argentina (4), Honduras (0)

G - Ukraine (7), Ghana (4), Brazil (3), Japan (3)

H - France (9), Nigeria (4), Armenia (4), Jordan (0)

Second Round:

Costa Rica 1-0 Iran

Netherlands 0-2 Egypt

Italy 0-1 Uruguay

Sweden 0-3 Romania

Croatia 3-0 England

Chile 2-2 (p) Mali

Ukraine 2-3 Nigeria

Ghana 1-6 France

Quarter-Finals:

Costa Rica 1-2 Romania

Egypt 2-3 (e) Uruguay

Croatia 1-6 France

Mali 1-3 Nigeria

Semi-Finals:

Romania 2-4 Nigeria

Uruguay 1-0 France

3rd-Place:

Romania 1-3 France

Finals:

Nigeria 2-4 Uruguay

Good to see you staying at Ajax :) And good luck for the new season ahead!

Well there are richer clubs than Arsenal...so it's only going to be more tempting from here. :D

Really depends on what progress we make. If I don't get progress and teams come knocking...things may change. I like youth, but I like winning more than that.

2030 world cup wins the prize for the most awkward failures amongst the European elite :/

Spain lost to Costa Rica and Ireland, but defeated Egypt (who beat the Netherlands). Germany couldn't beat Sweden or Uruguay. Brazil sputtered against mighty Ghana and Ukraine, and Argentina couldn't defeat Mali and Croatia. Yes it was very awkward. :D

I wasn't really focused on the World Cup (we only did have one player there anyway).

That's a crazy World Cup! :D

I also enjoy the fact you have a relegation clause in your contract. Surely, you'd be sacked, and/or shot, before it was ever needed :D

What fun is football if it wasn't crazy. :p

I tried to remove the relegation wage drop, but they were having none of it. And that was after I made them a boatload of money from transfers. Thanks board! :D

July 2030 Former Clubs Watch

HDo6aEI.png

Kitchee: The 2029/30 season was probably the worst for Kitchee in this save, falling all the way down to 5th. The league has been very competitive the last couple seasons, although South China has been at the top.

Ajax Amsterdam - Netherlands - 2030 Off-season Transfers

Transfers

I wish I had made a larger impact in the transfer market, but I did bring in 3 players. Are they going to help me this season? I sure hope so...

Fabrizio Mariani - A big signing from Juventus. They didn't want him, and given our injuries at the position, a player of Mariani's caliber is someone we can use. A young player at his price tag with room to improve is a great investment.

Mirko Robles - The departures of Inia's backups Gace and Svoboda meant that I needed another AMC option to play with Graafland. Robles is a fantastic young Chilean with room to become a very good player.

Herve Kouadio - My biggest signing of my career in terms of money. He's used to scoring goals in Croatia and I hope he can do the same with Ajax. I felt that I needed another attacking option, and don't want to rely on Meijs as the 3rd option. We have 4 very good strikers which will only help us. You need 4 to succeed at a top level league like the Eredivisie and in Europe.

Of course, we didn't make any changes to the defense, which isn't a good thing. We have had an awful start to the league (2 W, 3L, 14th in the league) but I hope we can get better. We're being hit with a lot of injuries in a short time frame but once we are at full strength, we will do better.

====

UEFA Champions League

We start in the Best Placed 3rd Qualifying Round, against Polish side Pelikan Lowicz, a club I never heard of. But I sure knew who they were soon enough!

1st Leg: Peliken 3-2 Ajax

2nd Leg: Ajax (5) 3-0 (3) Peliken

We were awful in the 1st leg. We blew a two goal lead and lost the first leg. However a prep talk and a kick in the arse solved some problems in the 2nd leg. Thankfully, we are through.

Onto the playoff, against Belgian side Standard Liege.

1st leg: Standard 2-5 Ajax

2nd leg: Ajax (9) 4-1 (3) Standard

I hope our team got the memo that we can't sleep on any team, and I think they did respond somewhat with a big win in Liege. We followed that up with a solid win back in Amsterdam ArenA.

Onto the Group Stage!

It's another tough this year (like every year I guess), with Arsenal, Dortmund, and Maccabi Haifa. I have no idea what to expect, because we did really well in the UCL last season despite my league struggles.

Groups A-E

Groups F-H

I'm really not sure how this season will go. We didn't really improve (I couldn't find anyone better than my current group, and no point buying more young guys) at the back. I hope I can turn things around. We can recover from our poor start and be a challenge for the other teams.

Ouch, bad draw.

It was always going to be hard as the 3rd seed unfortunately. And looking at the other groups, our group isn't that bad. We can compete against Arsenal and Dortmund, who we faced in recent UCL campaigns. I think PSV's 1st and 2nd seeded teams are stronger than mine so that's a positive. Another strong campaign and we will be very close to a 2nd seed.

Sounds like EL adventure to me after the new year. 6pts against Haifa is a must, a couple home results against the giants could see you sneak through in second.

We did beat Dortmund twice in the Group Stage last season, can we do it again? :D

I sure hope we can beat Haifa, but the last couple seasons, it's a bit hard to see which Ajax team comes to play....because if the league Ajax team is any indication, it's not great.

Ajax Amsterdam - Netherlands - 2030/31 Eredivisie

11/11/2030

Manager Ricky Nakano hands in Ajax resignation.

AMSTERDAM - Huge news out of Amsterdam as manager Ricky Nakano has handed in his resignation to the Ajax board, ending his affiliation with the team with immediate effect. There have been rumours swirling over the past several weeks that Nakano is on the hot seat because of the club's poor standing, and sources indicate that a meeting between the board and Nakano to discuss these issues.

Although Nakano came to the club with a solid reputation in Asia, he failed to consistently show success the past couple seasons after a strong first three seasons at the club.

If rumours are true, Nakano will end his 160 game Ajax tenure with a 121W - 31D - 28 L record (67% winning percentage), with 442 goals scored, and 192 goals against, and a 250 goal difference. He won 2 Eredivisie titles, and 3 cup wins (2 Supercups and one KNVB Beker).

Sources are also indicating that Nakano is resigning to manage a new team. With 2 Barclays Premier League openings (Fulham and Nottingham Forest), 3 1.Bundesliga vacancies (HSV, Koln, Schalke), and 1 opening in both Serie A (AS Roma) and La Liga (Malaga), Nakano has options.

====

I think my downfall started when I sold Ngoy and I couldn't replace him. Other guys were important, but I could never replace the defensive talent. Ngoy was more important than any other player I had, including Jose Vicente (who had strained knee ligaments in his first year at Dortmund, and he's not the same player anymore). I was going to sell one of Ngoy/Martin/Nielson, and I have to say, I sold the wrong guy. My other problem was ushering the youth movement. It didn't work too well imo. because we didn't win any league titles. At my new club, I will prioritize winning over everything including developing my own youth players. If my youth players are good enough for the first team, they are good enough.

It's my first failure so to speak in this save (although looking at my stats: 67% winning pecentage, GD value > GA value isn't that bad. Lemme call this an 'Asian fail' :D), but got lots of great info for the future.

200px-AS_Roma_logo_(2013).svg.png

AS Roma - Italy - Serie A TIM 2030/31

11/11/2030

Manager Ricky Nakano joins AS Roma from Ajax Amsterdam

ROME - The new AS Roma board has introduced their new manager, 42 year old Ricky Nakano, to the media in Rome today. The Canadian manager is well respected in football circles, as one of the best managers in Asian history.

"I'm very excited to join AS Roma and become their next manager," Nakano said in his opening presser, "There's a lot of rich history at the club, and I want to add to that history. With managing one of the most recognizable football clubs in the world comes the expectation to win and succeed. We can work together, the chairman, myself, the players, and the 12th man, the fans to collectively succeed."

As for his struggles with Ajax, "I understand that I'm coming from a situation where my former club is struggling, but I have confidence with a fresh start, and a humbling experience at Ajax, I can become a better manager and help the players here at Roma realize their potential and play better football."

Standings - Not doing very well, but lots of time to go. We're also in Group D of the Champions League, sitting in 3rd spot after 4 games. It's not likely that we will advance to the knockout rounds, so Europa League is probably the best bet.

Squad - Not really sure who's good and who's not. I need to hire an ass man first.

Contract Terms:

Term - 4 year contract (until June 2034)

Salary - $2.2 million per season

League Expectations - Respectable league position

Transfer Budget - $35 million

Wage Budget - $180 million

No agreed philosophies

Increase Junior Coaching Budget

Feeder Club

====

In other news, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar found new clubs to manage. :)

December 2030 Former Clubs Watch

pCsOpzs.png

The former clubs Excel sheet is getting longer. :p

Shanghai Shenhua: Shenhua were awesome in 2030: 27W-2D-1L with 83 points, along with 63 GF and 18 GA. Still looking for a breakthrough in the ACL though.

Portland Timbers: The first time in two years that Portland did not win the Western Conference regular season. They're still in progress in the CCL, but they have a Quarter-Final matchup next season.

Guess it's better to jump before you were pushed. Still, a good 4 years in Holland is something to be proud of. You weren't out of work long though were you?! Although why pick Roma when the Forest job was available?!?! :)

Guess it's better to jump before you were pushed. Still, a good 4 years in Holland is something to be proud of. You weren't out of work long though were you?! Although why pick Roma when the Forest job was available?!?! :)

Pretty much. :)

Roma offered me a job while I was still employed, so no, I wasn't even unemployed for a day. :D

I had an interview with Forest, but if I had to choose between Roma and Forest and both were near relegation, I would choose the former.

Besides, it's the 5th or 6th time I've gotten an interview from them after they sacked someone, surely there will be 6th, 7th, and 8th opportunities. :p

Just had a quick look through this. Great career! Some similarities to mine, I started in Australia with Western Suydney and then moved to China with Beijing. Found China was a lot of fun even if it was a bit too easy- 2 of my 3 full seasons there I went unbeaten in the league which I won 3 times and twice won the domestic treble. Could never crack the AFC Champions League though- lost the final 2 years running. Like you, I went to the Netherlands but I didn't get such a plumb job- NAC Breda who were fighting relegation and within a year I'd resigned!!

Just had a quick look through this. Great career! Some similarities to mine, I started in Australia with Western Suydney and then moved to China with Beijing. Found China was a lot of fun even if it was a bit too easy- 2 of my 3 full seasons there I went unbeaten in the league which I won 3 times and twice won the domestic treble. Could never crack the AFC Champions League though- lost the final 2 years running. Like you, I went to the Netherlands but I didn't get such a plumb job- NAC Breda who were fighting relegation and within a year I'd resigned!!

China was never that easy for me tbh. Yeah, I won a lot, but we always had money problems (chairman was an underwriter iirc, so he covered the losses, but still), so I found it a challenge to win under a self-imposed wage and transfer budget. And a lot of clubs have money so it's just a fight between how to use that money efficiently. :)

Sucks it didn't work out for you with NAC Breda. Hope you can find a good job in a good league.

Tough luck with Ajax - just couldn't find a consistent winning way there.

I'm sure it won't take long to turn Roma around - if they qualified for the Champions League then you would have thought that they have some talent somewhere!

Tough luck with Ajax - just couldn't find a consistent winning way there.

I'm sure it won't take long to turn Roma around - if they qualified for the Champions League then you would have thought that they have some talent somewhere!

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I wasn't really sure what Ajax team would show up in the last half season. I setup my team to play a certain way and it was failing...

My Roma career has been interesting so far, and interesting in a good way, so I hope it continues. :)

Your success has made me try Serie A out. Hope I have similar success as you. :p

China was never that easy for me tbh. Yeah, I won a lot, but we always had money problems (chairman was an underwriter iirc, so he covered the losses, but still), so I found it a challenge to win under a self-imposed wage and transfer budget. And a lot of clubs have money so it's just a fight between how to use that money efficiently. :)Sucks it didn't work out for you with NAC Breda. Hope you can find a good job in a good league.
I raided Western Sydney when I left, essentially the spine of my Beijing team was Australian with some freebies from around the world as well as the better players I inherited. In terms of game time, it was about 50 years ago I left NAC, had stops with Dortmund,Bayern, Juve, Man Utd, Lyon and spells in Scotland, Spain, India, Finland, Norway and I'm currently at Malmo in Sweden, just retained the World Cup with England as well so I didn't do too badly after! The beauty of a journeyman game!!

200px-AS_Roma_logo_(2013).svg.png

AS Roma - Italy - Serie A TIM - 2030/31 Youth Intake

We got a new feeder club which will enable us to get Egyptian youths (which is awesome :)), but none of them appeared in my first intake with Roma.

Youth Intake

Not great, but oh well.

YP18a - Manuel Fracassi - The best of the bunch (He was considered "one of the better players from this year's intake"). He's not that bad actually for a 15 year old. Just need to develop.

YP18b - Matteo Miglietta - A physical specimen. His technicals and mentals are lacking though so need to develop there.

The season still has 10 games left so quite a ways before an end of season update, but it's been eventful. It's going to be a challenging end of season and offseason. Ajax and former Ajax players would be a good place to start. :)

Archived