• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nest_Sotra_Fotball_zps5e9faec7.gif

Nest-Sotra

2017 Season Review

Norwegian Premier Division

League: 8th

An excellent first season in the top division leads to a secure mid table position.

Cup: Quarter finals

A decent run until ended at Molde.

Key players:

Karl Christian Karlsen: the on loan striker was our top scorer

Helge Haugen: a solid season from the veteran midfielder

Erik Huseklepp: good performances from the versatile forward

Jens Andersen: absolutely solid at the back from the centre half.

Finances: are cash position is fine but we are heavily in debt. Thank you, board.

Season      Club                    League             League Position    Cup                   Notes 
2013     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 2nd Division          2nd             1st Round        Joined 15th August  
2014     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 2nd Division         1st             4th Round         Champions, Promoted  
2015     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 1st Division          5th              1st Round        Lost in playoffs     
2016     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 1st Division          1st              4th Round        Champions, Promoted
2017     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian Premier Division   8th                Quarter Finals 

Future

I decide to resign once the season is over, and am now looking for another job.

502c6e92-7e0a-4cb3-b466-f573508abf37_zps02c6360b.png

Fortuna Sittard is a football club in Sittard, Netherlands. The club currently plays its football in the 12,500 capacity Trendwork Arena and features in the Dutch Eerste Divisie. The club was a merger of former clubs 'Fortuna 54' and 'Sittardia' to merge as the Fortuna Sittard Combinatie on 1 July 1968. 'Fortuna 54' was a relatively successful club which once won the KNVB Cup in the 1956/1957 season where they finished the Eredivisie season 2nd place behind champions Ajax Amsterdam whereas the 'Sittardia' battled against relegation for many seasons. Another KNVB Cup triumph was also celebrated by 'Fortuna 54' in 1964 before the merging of the two clubs in 1968 due to financial difficulties

So I move to the Netherlands, on a contract to the end of the 2017/18 season. My target is to get the club promoted, fortunately however we are already in the playoffs thanks to winning the 2nd phase of the league.

Squad: this needs a bit of work, which I'll do in January.

Best players:

Soufyan Ahannach

Stefan Coumans

Sem De Wit

Finances: nice and healthy with no debt

I'm not a big fan of the Dutch league and don't agree with this because I think the team could grew more with you, but Fortuna Sittard is a team with better conditions to rise up.

Thanks - I doubt i'll stay long in the Netherlands but its a stepping stone. I was bored of the Norwegian league after 4.5 years plus the club I left had some financial issues which were not my own making, and an average attendance much lower than every other team. It was the right time to leave.

Great move for you into Holland.

I had a really enjoyable save with them a few years ago, a really good club to be at.

I always felt like the Dutch leagues were one of the most fun in Europe.

Thanks - I had a season and a half in FM13 with Helmond Sport but they had some weird affiliate arrangement (and still do) where players could move freely. I didn't like that so moved on sooner than expected. Hopefully (assuming we get promoted, as I won't get a new contract if we don't) I can stay a bit later.

Fortuna Sittard

2017/18 Season Review

Dutch Eerste Divisie

League: 3rd

Although we finish well off the pace from Volendam, a great run in the playoffs sees us secure promotion to the top division

Cup: 2nd Round

Out before I joined

Key players:

Robert Zwinkels: the veteran keeper kept an excellent 14 clean sheets, a key part of our promotion charge

Stefan Coumans: only started playing regularly after I joined, but then ended up as our top scorer

Sven Braken: the left winger had a great season, with plenty of assists

Sem Witteveen: another of our young strikers, whom finished as the 2nd top scorer

Season      Club                    League             League Position    Cup                   Notes 
2013     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 2nd Division          2nd             1st Round        Joined 15th August  
2014     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 2nd Division         1st             4th Round         Champions, Promoted  
2015     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 1st Division          5th              1st Round        Lost in playoffs     
2016     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 1st Division          1st              4th Round        Champions, Promoted
2017     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian Premier Division   8th                Quarter Finals
2017/18  Fortuna Sittard  Dutch Eerste Division      3rd                 2nd round      Promoted through play offs

Future

As previously mentioned I have a contract to the end of the 2018/19 season, and will see then on whether I stay or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortuna Sittard

2018/19 Season Preview

Dutch Eredivisie

Transfers

I couldn't quite make as many as I liked before the season started, however the key ones so far:

Jack O'Connell: the young defender signs after his release from Birmingham City

Jose Sa: strong Portuguese keeper signs after leaving Maritimo

Marvin Zeegelaar: flying winger and former Ajax youngster returns to the Netherlands from Turkish side Kayserispor

Friendlies: a bit mediocre really

Finances: pretty healthy

Fortuna Sittard

2018/19 Season

Dutch Eredivisie

August 2018

Fixtures

Well, this could have gone a lot better. An absolute disaster at home in the last game makes this out to be a long, hard season ahead.

Table

I made a couple of more signings also:

Ross Robinson: young midfielder signs on loan from Nottingham Forest

Jason Ritchie: Scottish striker signs after his release from Celtic

Fortuna Sittard

2018/19 Season

Dutch Eredivisie

September 2018

League

Fixtures

A considerably better month, with our first win over fellow relegation candidates Volendam. However, a stunning win away at VVV propels us into midtable.

Table

Cup

Fixtures

An easy win at home over amateur opposition in the 2nd round.

I managed to talk the board into increasing the wage budget, and further strengthened my squad:

Adrien Adam: the French midfielder arrives after his release from Valenciennes

Daniel Dziwiniel: Polish international left back arrives after leaving Bournemouth

Fortuna Sittard

2018/19 Season

Dutch Eredivisie

December 2018

League

Fixtures

A terrible month, although given the strength of the teams involved, probably not a massive surprise.

Table

Cup

Fixtures

Some relief from our league form this month, as a win against Vitesse Arnhem sees us into the quarter finals of the cup.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortuna Sittard

2018/19 Season

Dutch Eredivisie

January 2019

League

Fixtures

A pair of drab home draws after the winter break.

Table

Cup

Fixtures

A win on penalties against AZ sees us progress to the semis.

Transfer Window

Made a bunch of signings for the run in

Ivica Badelj: young Croatian full back signs on loan to the end of the season from Dinamo Zagreb

Fabrizio Argiolas: flying Italian winger on loan from Cagliari

Evgeny Zhurbenko: talented Ukranian midfielder loaned from Chornomorets

Hervin Ongenda: French striker signed on a free after his release from PSG

I also sign a new contract for another year.

Fortuna Sittard

2018/19 Season Review

Dutch Eredvisie

League: 11th

A good start for our first season back in the top flight.

Cup: Semi finals

A great run only ended by league champions Ajax

Key players:

Stefan Coumans: another top scoring season from the young striker

Sem Witteveen: complemented by our other young striker whom also had a good season

Vincent van Beek: a good season from the right midfielder

Finances: a solid amount of prize money (over £4m) keeps these nice and healthy

2017/18  Fortuna Sittard  Dutch Eerste Division      3rd                 2nd round      Promoted through play offs
2018/19  Fortuna Sittard  Dutch Eredivisie           11th              Semi finals

Future

I signed a one year contract and so am going to give at least one more season a go.

Survival was the main thing and you managed that :thup: a few good additions and you should be more comfortable next season
A good season for your first year at that level, it gives you a decent foundation to grow from now. Best of luck for next year.
Looks nice and comfortable up there in mid-table.

Thanks everyone :thup:

I am back from holiday now so just plowing through pre-season ahead of the 2019/20 campaign.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortuna Sittard

2019/20 Season Preview

Dutch Eredivisie

Transfers

A few adjustments to help consolidate our position in the top division.

Mark Edgar: Northern Irish winger signs after his release from Blackburn

Dramane Goita: I actually spend money, £26,000, to sign this promising Malian striker from Stade Malien. Lets see how he develops.

Ivica Badelj: I sign last seasons loanee Croatian right back after his Dinamo contract expires.

Alexis Mane: French midfielder on a free after his release from St Etienne

Friendlies: decent enough warm ups to the season

Finances: these are fine, and my salary pool was posted by this windfall from an add-on

Fortuna Sittard

2019/20 Season

Dutch Eredivisie

August 2019

Fixtures

A mixed bag, the worst one being a defeat away at Heracles whom scored in the 93rd minute, however we're sitting reasonably well in mid table.

Table

I made a bunch of loan signings to fill out my squad, but the main one was:

Jeff Spence: talented American right winger on loan from Chicago Fire. I will also sign him on a permanent free transfer from January after his contract expired.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortuna Sittard

2019/20 Season

Dutch Eredivisie

December 2019

League

Fixtures

Twente beat us at home comfortably but then we grabbed another couple of wins to see us sitting in a very healthy 4th into the winter break.

Table

Cup

Fixtures

Comfortable win against nonleague opposition to see us into the quarters

Fortuna Sittard

2019/20 Season

Dutch Eredivisie

January 2020

League

Fixtures

Have a good away win to start, but then contrast it with a poor defeat by the same scoreline at home.

Table

Cup

Fixtures

Tight win away sees us into the semis

Transfer Window

I sign a couple of players to see us out for the run in, both contrasting.

Carlao: young Brazilian left winger on loan from Corinthians for the season

Wayne Rooney: I was rather surprised when this name popped up from my UK scout, and even more surprised when his wage demands were rather decent. Will also be the reserves manager. His signing has given a boost to shirt sales too.

Fortuna Sittard

2019/20 Season Review

Dutch Eredvisie

League: 4th

A very strong second season, finishing in the European places without needing a playoff

Cup: Winner

Our first ever trophy, with a defeat of AZ in the final.

Key players:

Stefan Coumans: another good season, breaking the record for league goals with 17

Sem Witteveen: also had another good season, being the all competitions top scorer

Mark Edgar: strong season on the left wing from the recently capped Northern Irishman

Leonel Aranda: excellent at the back from the young Argentine centre back

Finances: our cup run and strong league finish means we are nice and comfortable here.

2018/19  Fortuna Sittard  Dutch Eredivisie           11th              Semi finals
2019/20  Fortuna Sittard  Dutch Eredivisie            4th               Winners           Qualified for Europa League

Future

Not massively sure about this - I have been offered extensions but on a reduced wage for some reason.

In the meantime, I will be taking Serbia to the Olympic Games.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortuna Sittard

2020/21 Season Preview

Dutch Eredivisie

I sign a new contract extension for one year, same wage mind.

Transfers

We're actually a tad short on homegrown players, so I sign a few from other Dutch clubs. In particular

Amine Boussofa: young striker signs on a free after his release from Feyenoord

Martin Zeeman: young left winger on a free after leaving Vitesse

Simon Dogan: central defender/right back on a free after release from NAC Breda

Romano Felter: former Vitesse midfielder on a free - I don't use AMCs but am retraining him as a support striker, where I reckon he'll do well given his stats.

Friendlies: usual variance

Super Cup: League champions PSV win this fairly comfortably

Tokyo_2020_Olympic_bid_logosvg_zps98015724.png

Serbia at the Olympic Games

I have my first flavour of international management by taking control of the Serbian Olympic squad.

We start decently, coming 2nd in our group just behind Argentina, whom have one 33yr old Lionel Messi as their overage player.

Our run is actually rather good - we come close to getting to the final but have to make do with the bronze medal play off, where once again Argentina defeat us.

Tree

Fortuna Sittard

2020/21 Season

Dutch Eredivisie

August 2020

League

Fixtures

A bit all over the place - 3 solid wins but 3 defeats, including a dreadful home defeat to Vitesse

Table

Europa League

Fixtures

A very comfortable couple of wins over Slovan Bratislava gives us entry to the group stages, where we have a rather tricky group.

Archived