Board Confidence

I am just coming to a close of my second season with Stoke in the permier league. My first season I somehow managed to finish Sixth in the league narrowly missing out on 4th on the last day of the season. I had a good cup run in the league cup and out early in the FA cup. At the end of the season I was considered untouchable to the board. I am currently about 5 games from the finish of my second season and I am currently sitting 8th. I have got to the semi finals of the FA cup and Quarter finals of the Europa league (knocked out by Sevilla). I have excedded expectation in both of these cups and am on course to finish better than the respectable league finish set by the board for the season. Overall my signings are considered good and I have never acted against the board. However the board confidence is now just stable... and to conside with this at the end of each month the board tells me they can't help notice a poor loss to say (cardiff) but they never say we noticed a great result against (man utd).

Is the board confience bugged or is it something I am missing?

In real life if stoke did that well in two seasons I think Mark Hughes would be considered a hero haha. Not that I'm expecting them to call me that!

Any Thoughts?

It is quite easy in FM now to become a victim of your own success. I don't think I would be wrong in saying you over-achieved quite a bit in the first season, but, because you did what you did, then the board expect the same, or better the following season. Not so sure they take into account the fact that you are competing in more competitions and have to play more games etc..

My own board at Southampton is weird in the other direction. They expect me to finish squarely in mid-table and I've even hinted that I want to try and reach even higher, yet I've been battling relegation for more than half a season. The board? Slightly chuffed to bits. Apparently, having brought in many promising youngsters and playing entertaining football cancels out not getting results.

The fans call for my head though.

My own board at Southampton is weird in the other direction. They expect me to finish squarely in mid-table and I've even hinted that I want to try and reach even higher, yet I've been battling relegation for more than half a season. The board? Slightly chuffed to bits. Apparently, having brought in many promising youngsters and playing entertaining football cancels out not getting results.

The fans call for my head though.

That raises a good point actually...

To the OP.. How are you doing with the rest of the board's targets? Signing players/style of play etc??

I think that the status "untouchable" is given way too easy. And it's lost way too easy as well. I feel it should take several seasons of overachievement before you become untouchable. And once you are, you shouldn't be in danger after one bad season.

I assume you receive points with the board based on your successes and are deducted points for failing to achieve targets. Depending on the number of points you are given the status. This will be over a certain period of time.

Probabely these values and periods should probabely vary. So when becoming untouchable the period in question becomes longer or the threshold should reduce. So you can have two or even three bad seasons once you become utouchable before getting in danger again. But when/if it starts to deteriorate, it will deteriorate fast.

Archived