[FM14] Warro The Jolly Journeyman - Take Two!

WarroOxford

9th July 2013

Hello everyone! A very warm welcome to my Journeyman career. I've not attempted to track my progress with career updates before, but hopefully you'll enjoy what I put out there for you guys! I'll give some credit to guys like AK22, dafuge, tomtuck01 and more. I love nothing more than chilling out and reading through some career threads from you all, so I've been inspired!

The basic premise of my game is to play it as realistically as possible, and to try and achieve as much as possible in my Journeyman career. I do not have any ultimate goals other than to be as good as I can be. If that means I spend my whole time scraping together a career managing in the non-league then so be it. If it means I'm ultimately going to be one of the best managers in the history of Football then also so be it! I will start off as an unemployed manager with Sunday League reputation. To hopefully avoid having the same teams to choose from, I will start the game as normal, but holiday through the first two months of the season and see what's about at that time. As I'm looking to play this as realistically as possible, the aim will be to likely start in the English leagues, or maybe one of the other home nations at a push.

All the leagues are set to their lowest possible division available.

PV0qP3m.png?3

dHwng5Z.png?1

I haven't completely decided how often I'll provide updates. For now I'll just play it by ear and see how I feel. Hopefully this will be fun, not just for myself but all of you guys too. As I'm typing this, I have absolutely no idea which club I'll end up managing, or how long I'll have to wait before getting a job!

(This is basically a direct copy from my original thread here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/379911-FM14-Warro-The-Jolly-Journeyman - This was posted when there was a big issue with getting a new job while unemployed proving almost impossible. This has since been patched, so I'm now ready to begin properly!)

17th October 2013

pBLI8MT.pnghPDtNkx.pngI3NaZZd.png

Gz71Ved.png?1

WRhaf7W.png?1

a9uYxR5.png?1

So, who do you guys think I'll pick? :D

As of October 27th, Sutton United are 16th in the Skrill South, Dover are 18th, while Altrincham are 15th in the Skrill North. I have an idea of what team I'll pick, but I won't reveal it yet, and that isn't 100% concrete either! All three clubs have ambitions to at least make the playoffs this season, so whoever I choose could be a tough ask!

3rd November 2013

pBLI8MT.png

It was quite a difficult decision to make, as all three clubs had positives, but I decided to become manager of Sutton United. Altrincham didn't offer much of a financial incentive to join despite having a reasonably strong squad. It was incredibly difficult to pick between Dover and Sutton, but I opted for Sutton due to the squad available to me, and also a solid financial package for your average Skrill North/South club. Sutton currently have quite a lot of injuries which have certainly played a part in their slow start to the season, so once we get the squad healthy again, I believe we'll have a team that can indeed push for a playoff spot.

YYm8l2U.png?2

Sutton United Football Club is an English football club currently playing in the Conference South. They are based in Sutton, London, and play their home games at the Borough Sports Ground in Gander Green Lane. The club is an FA Charter Standard Community Club affiliated to the Surrey County Football Association.

The club started out playing in junior, local leagues, but progressed into the Athenian League in 1921; the Isthmian League in 1964; and the Conference in 1986. The team fell back into the Isthmian League in 1991. They appeared in the Conference for one more season in 1999–2000, and were founding members of the Conference South in 2004.

The team has had several cup successes, including getting to Wembley twice for the FA Amateur Cup final and once for the FA Trophy final. Sutton won the Anglo-Italian Cup in 1979. The club is most famous for its FA Cup exploits though, especially when they beat Coventry City in the Third Round in January 1989. This was a 24-year record before the next non-league side beat a team from the top flight of English football, when Luton Town of the Conference National went to Norwich City and won 1–0 on Saturday 26 January 2013. Sutton's win against Coventry remains the last time a semi-professional side beat a team from the top flight of English football.

Operating Status: Semi-Professional

Nickname: The U's

Chairman Status: Happy to stay

Finances: Okay

Estimated Value: £475k

Stadium: Borough Sports Ground/Gander Green Lane

Stadium Capacity: 7032 (765 seated)

Training Facilities: Below average training facilities

Youth Facilities: Basic youth facilities

Region: UK & Ireland

Media Prediction: 5th

zFzIQoA.jpg

3rd November 2013

pBLI8MT.png

JDLyaxv.png

Our current situation, not ideal! As I mentioned before though, the squad is currently in somewhat of an injury crisis, and I feel we can move up the league once everyone is healthy again, or we're as healthy as we can be anyway. Unfortunately, we're out of the FA Cup already, but still remain in the FA Trophy and look forward to facing Blyth Spartans in a few games time in the 3rd Qualifying round. The team haven't won since mid-September which is pretty appalling, injuries or not, but I'm still confident I can steady the ship.

m6sV3cf.png?1

Key Players

Some of our key players have knocks, but are returning soon. Really pleased with some of the talent in this team for this level, definitely ones we can build the team around.

Charlie Clough, Jamie Stuart ©, Jamie Slabber, Dean Sinclair, Jamie Taylor.

Nice to have a buffer in our wage budget if/when I need to strengthen the squad. For the time being we'll go with what we have, and then possibly/probably dip into the market after that.

dA10JW1.png?1

Our current injury situation.....

aMoWC8s.png?1

I would, in all honesty, pick Altrincham. When i played LLM, always had problems with them. They have some good players. And a team with that many injuries, what were you thinking?!?

Potential. :) When the squad is healthy, it's very strong for that level. Altrincham had insecure finances, were already over the wage bill, needed a lot of work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived