To be successful or not to be successful - The tale of Dulwich Hamlet

Hypanimz

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Dulwich Hamlet F.C

Welcome to my career thread. I will be taking part in dafuge's challenge with Dulwich Hamlet. I had got Poole Town all the way to the Premier League until my saved was deleted by my brother!!

I had spent a bit of time away from the game following this but I've decided the time is right to get back into it and due to deadfncat I have been persuaded to post my career here.

The Save

35,000 Players have been loaded from UK + Ireland and I have also loaded all players from top European clubs. The only leagues running are the English leagues down to the Skrill North/South.

The Aim

The aim is very simple. I will look to take Dulwich Hamlet from the lowest playable English league to the champions of Europe and England. If this goes to plan I will then look to start developing my own talent and taking a England team full of my own youth players to the World Cup and hopefully winning it.

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Dulwich Hamlet - Skrill South - 2014/15

The perfect first season. The board gave me a generous £6.77k p/w to spend on wages which I quickly did on 12 new players to add some much needed quality to my side. We gelled straight away as we won our opening 7 league matches in a row and were unbeaten in our first 12. We stayed in and around top spot all season. We confirmed the title with 3 games to go as we only lost once in the league in 2015 which was on February the 15th. I was not expecting to win the league at the first attempt. Hopefully it hasnt come too early and we suffer next season because of it.

League Table

Past Positions[/url]

Cups - We made the 1st round of the FA Cup where we were knocked out 3-1 away at Dagenham and Redbridge. We made it to the 3rd round of the FA Trophy before a 2-1 defeat to Wrexham knocked us out.

Squad -The new players really added some much needed quality to the squad. My 4 strikers shared the goals between them very evenly as I rotated most weeks. Will need reinforcements for next season in the Skrill Premier.

Finances -£51k loss. Could be worse!

Key Player Profiles:

Jake Reed - Loaned in from Dagenham and Redbridge. 22 goals and 19 assists in 45 games.

Aron Wint - Signed on a free at the start of the season. Scored 19 in 25 games picking up 9 assists.

Arran Pugh - Solid at centre back. Another free transfer I picked up at the start of the season.

Fantastic first season and a completely unexpected championship win. Hopefully we can strengthen and survive in the Skrill Premier next season.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill South                1st               Champions

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Season Preview

Odds

The press haven't given us a chance this season with odds at 40-1. Thankfully there is a group of 5 of us with these odds and North Ferriby on 80-1 so at least we haven't been completely written off. Just got to make sure we dont find ourselves in those bottom 4 places!

I made 7 permanent signings and also brought in 2 loanees over the summer and let 7 players go. Hopefully the squad has been strengthened enough to survive our first season in the Skrill Premier.

The pre season friendlies went pretty well with 5 wins, a draw and a single defeat. I have also managed to leave over £1.5k p/w available in my wage budget to strengthen if I can find some decent players in mid season.

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

January 1st 2016 update

League Table

The Skrill Premier has definitely been a big step up. I managed to get one more signing at the end of the summer transfer window bringing Jake Reed who we had on loan last season signing on a permanent deal. We are sat in a decent position at the moment in 16th place but we have been flirting with danger throughout the first half of the season. We have had spells in the drop zone but lately we have pulled away opening up a 5 point gap. Hopefully we can get enough points to survive and then I can look to push on next season.

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Dulwich Hamlet - Skrill Premier - 2015/16

A good first season in the Skrill Premier. In the 1st half of the season we were in and around the relegation zone alot. Once the team gelled together we pushed up the league. We didn't finish very strongly but to finish 13th when at one stage it looked like we would be in a relegation battle all season is a massive achievement. Hopefully I can improve the squad and we can get a similar league position next year or push on into the top half.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - We made the FA Cup 1st round again and we were knocked out 3-1 to Dagenham and Redbridge for the 2nd season in a row. In the FA Trophy we were knocked out 3-1 to Nuneaton in the 1st round.

Squad -The new players took a whole to settle in but when they did it really improved our fortunes. We could do with a few new faces next season but there wont be a drastic overhaul.

Finances -£15k loss. £-65k in the bank. Need to boost this with player sales or a cup run.

Key Player Profiles:

Aaron Williams - Took a while to get going but 18 goals in 28 was a decent return.

Erkun Aksel Oztumer - An original team member. 12 assists and 8 goals from midfield. Best player at the club.

Anthony Howell - Holding midfielder who allowed the rest of my players to attack. Solid season.

Really pleased to survive. Looking forward to finding some new players who can hopefully push us onto the next level.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill South                1st               Champions
2015/16         Skrill Premier              13th

Solid season! Nice work on surviving.Now time to press on and get out of the worst league in the game :D
Thanks buddy. Hopefully I can get out of this league as soon as possible. Probably need a couple more seasons before I can really challenge at the top.

A great start. Did you restart your old Dulwich save?

Thanks. No I didn't restart it. I was sacked on that one :o. I had to reload for a good few days for Dulwich Hamlet to appear so I could start this challenge again.

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

2016/17 Season Preview

Odds

We are again priced at 40-1 to win the title this season. There is not as big of a group at the bottom this year so they media really think we will be struggling this season. Hopefully we can prove them wrong again.

I didnt mess about much with my first team squad as I couldnt find any real improvements to strengthen my team. I have brought in a new striker as I let one go in the summer and i have brought in 2 wingers so if i want to move away from my usual tactic that doesnt use wingers I can switch it up.

The pre season friendlies went as expected. Wins against the similar and lower ranked teams before close defeats to Colchester and Blackpool. Hopefully this season we can improve on last season and if not hopefully we can have a nice comfortable season consolidating.

Don't tinker too much! :p

I tried my new idea in the pre season and it didn't really work as I would like it to. I have moved back to my original plan.

I can't believe it took a few days before I realized the full extent of the title reference!

I don't think its that obvious. I'm sure some people wont get it at all.

Archived