FM14 - How Can I Set This Uber-Talented Midfield Up?

So, just about to get into the 5th season with my Newcastle side. Had a good four seasons, and have amassed some quite simply incredible midfield talent.

Basically, my midfield is that good, I really don't know how to line up...

Ulmer

Pizarro

Guzman

Cabaye

Sissoko

Roberto

Pugliese

Cabella

Ward-Prowse

So, nine players for a total of three positions. I can go DMC-MC-MC or MC-MC-AMC, or anything else you lot can figure out. Roles would be useful too :)

I can sell Cabaye back to Lille for £7m+£2m, that is a done deal that I delayed until I have worked out this conundrum. Also I am happy to send one or two out on loan deals for the season, possibly Guzman, Pugliese. You could possibly dis-count Ulmer, as he is a perfectly solid DC, but as such, I have used him in DM and MC to good effect before.

Looks like the perfect midfield for this tactic: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377470-The-Fulcrum-Silk-amp-Steel.-A-complete-Tactical-System-for-14.1.4-and-beyond......

You could even drop one of the strikers back to play AMC and utilize 5 of the players you have there, plus backups to rotate, not have to get rid of anyone.

The important thing is figure out how you want to play. Figure that out then someone will be able to help you.

Thought I had put that in the OP, my mistake :)

Controlling games. Been testing a "tree" tactic(4321) to good effect so far, still not set on the midfield setup as of yet.

Archived