Picking the Captain/Vice-Captain.

Hey, guys.

As most of you probably know, a good C/VC should have a high 'Leadership' attribute (and I would assume a good 'Personality' and 'Media Handling Style' would not go amiss).

But, my question is: Would my team react better to a/some popular player(s) being C/VC, even if they don't possess good 'Leadership'?

I have a wonderkid CB (well, he's now 22-years-old) and a lot of players have as their 'Good Relationships' status:

'Feels Nightingale is a vital part of the team'.

However, his 'Leadership' stat isn't overly-impressive (it's around 10 or 11).

The same applies for another player of mine, as some players have:

'Honoured to be at the same club as Kawamoto'. Again, his 'Leadership' isn't his forte.

So, back to my question: would choosing favoured players give me any advantage over players with good 'Leadership'?

Age is also important.

Yes... I've tried to get some young guys (with high leadership and det.) the captain role at a young age, dreaming he would be the new Gerrard for example, and play in the club forever and become the greatest legend ever.. Doesn't always work out...

Youngster being captain, pretty much only works if that youngster has high Influence and preferably your best player despite his age. I appointed Christian Eriksen, whose Influence was hardly impressive, about 10 IIRC as my captain in my old FM13 save, not much of a bad reaction from his team mates even though he was only 24 at the time.

Archived