[FM14] Dunstable Town - Sleeping Minnows ?

dcu223

Hi All

I have decided that for FM14 I would document my FM14 Single Player Career again. I did so successfully on FM12 with Luton Town (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290365-My-Luton-Adventure?p=7431664#post7431664) and on FM13 I concentrated on my Prem Team Man Utd but did not document it.

However I have always wanted to take my Home side of Dunstable Town from obscurity to World Beaters. For me this means winning the Premier League, Champions League and World Club Cup like I successfully did with Luton Town (see link above).

Dunstable however start a few tiers below Luton so should present a long lasting challenge. I can then use them as my Official Versus Team (see the versus thread here : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/356680-Pgc-all-welcome-versus-game).

As with FM13 I like to play a Flat attacking fast possession based 442 to destroy my opponents.

OPENMESS_zpsdb308c65.jpg

Stay tuned, I will probably provide updates after every season.

Cheers

Belly

Premiership Clan 2014

http://premiershipclan.ezweb123.com/#

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363883-Premiership-Clan-2014?p=9090065#post9090065

End of Season 1

1314TABLE_zpsbdcdd266.jpg

ME1314_zps3823f1bc.jpg

As you can see we started with an expected position of 18th and finished 15th. Not a bad start to the career. we ditched our 442 approach and for the first time on FM I am now using a strategy involving multiple tactics. Its a very simplified approach but football is a simple game and they say that tactics is all about denying the opposition space while trying to create it for yourself on an attacking front.

We shall see how this progresses.

Belly,

End of Season 2

1415TABLE_zpse8bc5dd8.jpg

This season started well and we were hovering just below the playoffs above expectation. However I lost interest in my tactical approach due to it being reactive in nature and it just didn't excite me when watching. I therefore changed halfway through and although it is very much in the test stage I am more hopeful.

Lets sign some good players now and go again.

Cheers

Belly,

End of Season 3

1516TABLE_zps69207c17.jpg

Well after a poor start to the season we decided again to change approach and went for a much more simpler tactic even though we didn't really have the players for it. However Bang - We went from 22nd to 1st where we finished. I am very pleasantly surprised at how well this basic tactic has done and now have much more optimism for the seasons ahead.

Onwards and upwards.

Belly,

End of Season 4

1617SEASON4TABLE_zps23f48594.jpg

Decent consolidation in the Isthmian Premier Division. After a poor start due to lack of players we decided again to tweak the tactic to a more direct approach and this has seemed to help. I am hoping to bring in more powerful players now and kick on.

Lets see if were onto something now.

Belly,

End of Season 5

1718SEASON5TABLE_zpsb8ff6a7e.jpg

Not much to say about this season. We tried a new tactics based around raw pace throughout the team which failed. However we managed to retain our league status after changing to a more common approach. We will try again now with a more balanced approach to the players that we use and see where that gets us.

Back Soon,

Belly,

End of Season 6

1819SEASON6TABLE_zps864a62e2.jpg

Another decent season. Hard to build teams in this league as players are changed every summer but we will continue to do our best. Hopefully my latest tactics will prove better.

Back soon

Belly

• 4 weeks later...

I also like to start in the lower leagues. Poole Towm is my local club in the Calor Gas Premier Division. A question for you! Have you ever tried to play a network game using the Voasys update? My mate is trying to join a network game we set up but it keeps vrashing with a serious error. Have you ever tried this or had this problem? If so did you fix it? Kind Regards Rob

• 1 month later...

Season 2

My new tactic continues to prove itself as we manage to go up again this time via the playoffs. Superb Season and we are now well and truly on our way to global domination

1415TABLEB_zpsb827c3fb.jpg

1_zps9897329a.jpg

2_zpsf23b044c.jpg

The club is growing and I cant wait for the new season.

Belly

Archived