Number of leagues

Why won't the game let me choose all leagues playable? I know it will be slow but that is my choice. Once I get over 100000 players it will not let me continue till I bring it below that. Shouldn;t it be my choice as to how slow I want to play?

Am I missing something?

Trevor L

The game would constantly crash in the long term.
Not necessarily. I'm running with all 117 leagues active and playable with a large database (game stated during startup that ~160,000 players would be loaded), and in over a year in-game it's crashed just once. The game doesn't like having ALL players loaded (I remember trying that with one game a few years ago and it would just crash constantly after a few days or at most a couple of weeks) but having all leagues should be fine so long as your player database isn't too big.
imagine each one of those teams, producing 10-20 new arrivals on intake day, and only retiring 2-3 a season. It would bog down very quickly on a global scale.
The game mechanics prevent that from happening (at least, to the scale you're suggesting). While a club might bring in about a dozen youngsters a year, they're easily going to release just as many if not more (youngsters from previous years who haven't made the grade, senior players whose contracts have expired etc). Those players will be free agents for a while (typically up to a year from memory) but if nobody picks them up then they'll retire, regardless of whether they're 14 or 40.
Why won't the game let me choose all leagues playable? I know it will be slow but that is my choice. Once I get over 100000 players it will not let me continue till I bring it below that. Shouldn;t it be my choice as to how slow I want to play?

Am I missing something?

Trevor L

What exactly is happening? I know above a certain point (which varies depending on your system spec - for me it's 125,000 players) there's a message that comes up saying that you're going above the recommended number of players in the database, but it's never actually disabled the button or whatever to stop me from starting a game with more than that number

Archived