How much for your women? They're a Tenerife!

Deisler26

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vpwwuq.jpg

C.D Tenerife

January 2016 Transfer Window

A very quiet transfer window. September signing DC/DM/AMC Mathieu Bodmer was loaned out to RC Celta Vigo & ST Cassio paid the price for some poor performances and was shipped off to Evian TG FC for £1.5m. They wouldn't take any % sell on clause though :(

My only purchase was 18 year old 'keeper Lincoln from SE Palmerias for £275k. Very much a future prospect.

No other moves, however the training & youth upgrades will be done in 2 weeks.

185px-Club_Athletic_Bilbao_logo.svg.png

Athletic Club Bilbao

Chapter 2

There & Back Again; A Manager's Tale by Bilbao Baggins..

Athletic Club, also commonly known as Athletic Bilbao, is a professional football club, based in Bilbao, Biscay, Spain.

They are known as Los Leones (The Lions) because their stadium was built near a church called San Mamés (Saint Mammes). Mammes was an early Christian thrown to the lions by the Romans. The lions refused to eat Mammes and he was later made a saint.

The club has played in the Primera División of La Liga since its start in 1929. They have won the league on eight occasions. In the historical classification of La Liga, Athletic are in fourth place and one of only three clubs which have never been relegated from the Liga, the others being Real Madrid and Barcelona. The club also has a women's team, which has won four championships in the Primera División Femenina.

The club is known for its cantera policy of bringing young Basque players through the ranks, as well as recruiting top Basque players from other clubs (like Joseba Etxeberria or Javi Martínez). Athletic official policy is signing professional players native to or footballistically trained in the greater Basque Country, including Biscay, Gipuzkoa, Álava and Navarre (in Spain); and Labourd, Soule and Lower Navarre (in France). This has gained Athletic both admirers and critics. The club has been praised for promoting home grown players and club loyalty. Athletic is one of only four professional clubs in Spain in Primera División (the others being Real Madrid, Barcelona and Osasuna) that is not a sports corporation; the club is owned and operated by its associates (socios).

(information from Wikipedia)

Well, I couldn't turn this down. This is my favourite Spanish club, partly because of their Basque-only policy, partly because they've managed to stay competitve in spite of their policy.

Bilbao are currently 10th in Liga BBVA, with no Iker Muniain (sold to PSG for £17m) or Ander Herrera. We're woefully light up front and in the youth department. Here's to a good few youth intakes...

I was given a transfer budget of £42m. Yes, that's right, £42M. Also, a wage budget of £625k. Wow. Let's hope I can push on and make Europe this season.

OK, so my first games in charge were the UEFA Europa League, Second Knockout Round matches against fellow Spaniards Real Madrid CF.

The first leg at the Bernabeu Stadium was a cake-walk for Real Madrid, as they coasted to a 3-1 win. Ibai Gomez getting a late away goal to give us a glimmer of hope.

Back in San Mames, we were looking to try and snatch this game on the counter and make a famous win. That idea was beaten out of me in 5 mins, as Real took us to the cleaners in a 1-7 win that gave them a massive 2-10 aggregate victory. The only bright spot was youth prospect Julian scoring on his debut.

Just read the whole thread and that was an impressive spell at CDT! It should be a good challenge with Bilbao, although you will need some stars coming through your system their! Its a shame they Already got rid off Muniain as well.

Just read the whole thread and that was an impressive spell at CDT! It should be a good challenge with Bilbao, although you will need some stars coming through your system their! Its a shame they Already got rid off Muniain as well.

Thanks man, it was a wrench leaving Tenerife tbh, I'd got the squad playing how I wanted and the off-season signings would have seen us go for Europe IMO. But, Athletic were the only club I would have left for and I did.

The team does need work, but I hope I'm up to the task..

Athletic Club Bilbao

End of 2015/2016 Season

Well, an acceptable first 4 months in charge saw us finish 7th in Liga BBVA, a point out of Europe. I gave debuts to 6 different youth players, which were mainly strikers as we were running with a 35 year old as our first choice striker. I'm a little sad that we don't have European football next year, but I feel that we might sneak it next year as our main DM was out from a) a slipped disc & then b) a virus. Here's to a fully fit 2016/17

Athletic_zpsf7b611ac.jpg

The complete battering that we got in the first three games seemed to disappear after that, with only a sickening loss to Getafe CF. The 3-3 game against C.D Espanyol was notable for a hat-trick from Jose Angel Herrero, the 18 year old. Also, an Andrei Iraola penalty gave us a great 1-0 win over Atletico Madrid.

Looking forward to next season now.

FFAE93D5B2632E0990A9633EA34A0E5A8618F358

A short recap, but I didn't really have much to do this season. Next year is the biggie.

EL CURRO

----------------------------------

SALES 'GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER'

by Asier Exteberria

newspaper_stack(1).jpg

"...There was astonishment today at San Mames, as Athletic Club manager Grant Sales announced seven new signings for an outlay of £51m!!!

First up on the platform to gasps of astonishment, that quickly gave way to frenzied screams of happiness was ML/AMLC Iker Muniain. The £15m re-signing from Paris Saint-Germain looked delighted as he took the stage. He was swiftly followed by AMC Inigo Ruiz de Garraleta, also joining from PSG for £23m. But the loudest cheers were for DC Mikael San Jose, signed from Sevilla CF SAD for £8m and, the prodigal son, ST Fernando Llorente, joining for £6m from Juventus

The standing ovation lasted well over 10 minutes and even Llorente was greeted warmly by the fans. With these new additions, you have to think that European football will once again be gracing San Mames, if not a title challenge... FULL STORY P2-3; A HEROES WELCOME P 5-6"

photo_1357239249628-1-HD.jpg

Athletic Club Bilbao

End of August 2016 Transfer Window

Well, this was gonna be it. My assault on the upper echelons of the Liga BBVA. I started off by dumping a few feeder clubs and picking up DSC Armina Bielfeld as a feeder club. I got the youth coaching increased to 'Excellent' and was then given a target of European Qualification, with a £12m war chest and £825k in wages. Doable. I also brought a lot of my Tenerife staff into the fold who loyally left when I did.

Having looked at our comparison with the rest of the league, we average 6th overall for the main areas, which bodes well for the season. Put a lot of friendlies in to get the tactics up to 100%, now to work on the cohesion. We played two games in Liga BBVA so far this season. Our opening game was against Atletico Madrid and we battled evenly with them up til the 64th minute, when Ander Itturaspe saw red for a two-footed tackle. a****. But, two counters in the 75th & 92nd minutes saw Fernando Llorente score a double and kill them off 2-0. Next was the first game back against C.D Tenerife.. They took the lead after 60 mins, with a RVP-esque header from a corner, but supersub Pablo Bengoetxea tapped home after a great move on 86 minutes to give us a share of the spoils.

Signings-wise, we pushed the boat out; Incoming was ML/AMLC Iker Muniain for £15m from Paris Saint-Germain. He was swiftly followed by AMC Inigo Ruiz de Garraleta, also joining from PSG for £23m. Also returning to the club for a second spell were DC Mikael San Jose, signed from Sevilla C.F SAD for £8m and, the prodigal son, ST Fernando Llorente, joining for £6m from Juventus. Also coming in were French GK Stephane Ruffier on a free & ST Kenan Kodro for £185k from Real Sociedad B (for the old man).

Then came the youth. I stole DM Santi from Tenerife for £5.5m; DM Sebastien for £2.5m from Real Betis SAD, MR/AMRC Fede Gonzalez from Villarreal B for £3.6m & finally, AMRC Roberto Martinez from Numancia for £3.1m and AMC Isaac from Getafe for £625k.

Number of players left the club, mostly all minor, with the exception of WBRL/DM/AMC Oscar De Marcos for £4.5m to Valencia C.F & DC/DM/MC Carlos Gurpegi for £7.5k to FC Lorient.

U-19 International

Spain U-19 2-1 South Korea U-19

Well, my first match in charge saw us pick up a needed win against moderate opposition. Only a DC and the GK were not players I had in my youth team or I had personally brought through at Tenerife. We dominated them, having 38 shots, but only scoring through Zakaria Hajji & Asier Santisteban. Their goal was just comedy as a long throw back to the keeper was easily intercepted and rolled home by the S.Korea striker.

Still, a win is a win.

Well, it didn't take long for me to lick my wounds...

417.png

Molde FK

Chapter 3: Breaking the Molde

Here I am.

DD6B3F2D0CB46F9B8F91003836F866B640A765BC

Molde Fotballklubb is a football club from Molde, Norway, that currently plays in the Tippeligaen, the Norwegian top division. Founded on 19 June 1911, Molde was originally known as International. Molde are two time league champions and two time Norwegian Cup winners, and have finished 2nd in the league a further seven times. Molde is one of two Norwegian clubs that have participated in the UEFA Champions League.

Its home matches are played at Aker Stadion, which has a maximum capacity of 11,800. The stadium was inaugurated in 1998, and was a gift from the local businessmen Kjell Inge Røkke and Bjørn Rune Gjelsten. The club was formerly based at Molde stadion, which hosted the club's record attendance of 14,615. Molde's supporterclub is called Tornekrattet ("Thorn thicket") and were started after the 1994 cupfinal.[1]

Until the beginning of the 1970s, the club mainly played in local lower division leagues, except for a short visit in the Hovedserien in the 1957–58 season. In 1974 Molde was back in the top division and finished second in the league, and have since then become one of Norway's leading clubs and generally stayed in the top division. Molde also finished second in the league in 1989, when the club lost the championship to Moss in the decisive match of the season.

During the 1990s and the beginning of the 2000s, Molde was the second best team in Norway (behind 13-times in a row champions Rosenborg), with league silver medals in 1995, 1998, 1999 and 2002 and cup championship in 1994 and 2005, and the participation in the Champions League in the 1999–2000 season, when Real Madrid, Porto and Olympiacos visited Molde.

The club was the first professional club of former Manchester United player Ole Gunnar Solskjær, and in January 2011 he returned to manage the club. In his first season as manager, which also was the club's centenary season, Molde won the league championship for the first time. The next season Solskjær and Molde retained the championship. Today the club has approximately 900 members and around 55 teams in three departments.

300px-Moldefk-aker-stadion.jpgNye_Molde.jpg

Well, I've pitched up here to restore my battered reputation. Am I a one-hit wonder? Or am I a Roy Hodgson? Only good with little clubs? Time will tell.

2C6D76C469084350D6240371F98D960821CEB565

BA56B63C37EF1F79FEE399BEC96CA6781223DA41

Because they were the youngest ever to play & score for Athletic. I don't think it's a bug..

The point is that the 15 year old should be the youngest player as well as the youngest scorer.

Good luck with Molde. Planning to start a save in the Scandinavian leagues once the final patch is out.

wow' date=' that came out of nowehere. I thought you were gonna do great things at Bilbao.[/quote']

Me too. I genuinely just couldn't defend to save my life. Losing 5-3 to Elche after being 2-0 up kinda made me realise that I was headed for the door.

Archived