PGC: Going Dutch for FM14

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davie-Az Well i got away with it big time this season 1 point off the relegation playoff spot however i did manage to get into the last 4 of the cup were i came up against Ali's fc twente side but there was only going to be one winner in that game :(.My problem is that i cant pick up any wins away from home for this season am going to play 2 different tactics 1 for home another for away .We have a very young side and it looks like it will be even younger with a few old heads moving on now my goal this season is a top 12 finish

MOTY

So, this was the season following Ryans treble, and the big questions was: Would Ryan be able to follow up on his impressive season? Or would someone else knock him off the throne?

Well, Ryans dominance didn't continue this season. In fact, Ali took back the throne in style! It seemed he wasn't gonna stand back and let Ryan dominate and instead did a treble himself!

Impressive that Ryan and Ali has become so dominant in the game.

Elsewhere we also saw Andy stroll through Jupiler League and fully deserved win it.

So two impressive performances this season, but with a treble there really was no question who was gonna take home this season's MOTY...

ALI

moty-1-14-09-14.png

Screenshot 2014-09-17_21.59.38.png

moty-3-14-09-14.png

emmen-flag.png

So, the previous season turned out to be one of my worst season to date. After having been a title contender the previous season, I was aiming for the same this season, but well-knowing that Andy's side would likely come out on top. Still, even if I couldn't get 1st, I was sure I was gonna be one of the top sides. And the season certainly started well with 5 wins in a row. But things went ugly fast. Suddenly I was fighting for my job in the bottom half of the table and only hoping for an outside chance of the PO. I missed out on the PO by 2 points, if I remember correctly, after the form beginning to improve in the final games.

This awful season meant that several of my top players left as they didn't want to extend their contracts. Out went Ragipovic, Tlemcani, Noel, Holst, Pereira and several others! I was gutted about losing Ragipovic, as he was my 2nd favourite player in my team. Luckily I still have Rankovic, my favourite player!

The awful season also meant that I'm in poor standing with the board, and I must win from day 1!

With 10 players having left my team when the new season began, I was in the need of strengthening. Sure, I have a large squad, but it mostly consists of young players, most of whom will not be able to save my job. So I decided to go on the hunt for some experience for my defence, midfield and a few substitutes for cover. I also needed to find a new 1st choice GK...

This currently means that 6 players have joined my side, and I'm hoping to bolster it with at least 2 more, as I still need to find a GK...

transfers-07-09-14.jpg

The players who have joined can be seen below.

1-07-09-14.jpg

2-07-09-14.jpg

3-07-09-14.jpg

4-07-09-14.jpg

5-07-09-14.jpg

6-07-09-14.jpg

Stuart - Willem

10qmp9x.png

Shamful end to the season saw me fail to go up with my willem side. After all the hard work this season and a great 2nd half to it saw me win 13 out of 14 games pushing me into the top 3 and into the playoffs only for me to fall at the 2nd round of knockouts no thanks to my center half who got sent off in the first half of the 2nd leg. From then on it was uphill and a own goal saw me knocked out. I guess it sums up my season going out the way i did but its left me with a problem, and that problem is debt.

This summer has seen me sell of alot of player and brought in some much needed money, the 1.2m of my AMC saw me get £0 out of it and went to play off my 4m debt. I have also cut the wage bill in half. There is some good news, this comes in the way of some very good young players who were in my youth side who will now be playing in the first team this season. With the money saved on wage i was able to offer my best 2 players better deals so i can build a team around them. With them now under long term deals and the club not losing 600k a month anymore i should be able to balance the books without the risk of losing any of my better players.

The board want promotion this season and so do i, going up is the main aim and this time i want to win the league and now run the risk of the playoffs. I am one of the better sides in the league now with andy back in the top division so only Jonas and Joe to worry about when it comes to facing fellow clan Members.

Well more next week

fceindhoven-13.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

So we are back in the Eredivisie at the first attempt after winning the Jupiler league for the second time by a 6pt margin. I'm not to impressed with my media prediction of 11th this year I was hoping for lower so that I have the possibility to reach 20 years as manager at the club in a couple of years time but this could be the year that the axe finally falls if I fail to get anywhere near my MP finish.

With poor finances as usual due to massive loan repayments, loans and free signings is the only option again this season to bolster the squad. I could be looking to sell my No1 GK this window to help balance the books but only bids of between £12-£15M may tempt me to sell.

Currently in the transfer window so we'll see who comes and goes.

Until Next Time...

Jamie - FC Utrecht

Seasons aims accomplished with a 4th placed finish in the league and a chance at champions league football if we win the playoff game.

Last season without European football put pressure on the club finances limiting funds available for the summer window.

iRSCLfT.png

Only one player in so far and that's the permanent signing of Nucera from AC Milan after spending 4 seasons here on loan.

Hoping to get a few more in before the season starts as the squad is going to need to have strength in depth to compete in Europe and try and challenge for the top 4 again this season.

14916582.png

We made a very strong finish to the season. In our final 10 games we lost just 1, and were sitting pretty in Euro POs until the last day of the season. FC Gronigen beat PSV to overtake us, dropping us down to 10th and missing out on a chance of Europe by goal difference.

Hakan Macit was once again our player of the year, scoring 20 goals along the way, he is still the target of top Turkish clubs - in particular Fenerbache, whose youth setup he came through before released. Some of our youth players have developed remarkably well also, Artem Sosnitskiy (21) & Mario Hendriks (19) in particular have impressed and cemented their first team claims.

Financially we're not doing too great. Not only did the board give us a £0 Transfer Budget again, but they also slashed 60-70k off my wage budget. I was able to get a few players to agree to wage reductions, but some yearly wage increases put us right back at square one. Going to be a struggle to stay afloat.

roda-jc2.jpg

Season 2029/30 Review. The Quadruple.

During this season, my Roda team surpassed all expectations to win the lot. The curtain raising Dutch Super Cup was joined later in the season by first the league title, then the Dutch Cup and capped off with the Champions League. It was an astonishing season and it came against a backdrop of mounting debt due to our loan repayments for our new stadium and a serious injury to my star striker Radivojevic in pre-season. The club was kept barely afloat by a net transfer profit of £32m, me slashing the wage bill by £110K pw, with our only proper signing being the permanent deal for Eike Beck, and the 'panic' loan of Paul Perez from PSG set me on the way.

We started the season on fire, not losing a match in any competition until late November, in a surprise home loss to Gladbach. Paul Perez pilfered 12 goals in 10 games to start the season off, completely negating the absence of Radivojevic, and allowed me to build a lead of around 8 points by January, dropping points only to Ajax, PSV and Twente before late January, when a 3 consecutive draw blip saw us under pressure, with an extra-time cup win against Breda sandwiched between. We got back on the horse in February with 18 goals scored without reply, including thrashing PSG, before a disastrous first half of March almost threw away the cushion we had built, importantly losing to Twente.

A 3-0 win versus PSV saw us back on course however and we would win every match of the remaining 13, bar a second leg 1-0 loss versus Milan (off the back of a 4-0 first leg win) and an inconsequential draw against Telstar with the title sewn up. The cherry on top of the season was a hat-trick from my 17 year old wonderkid, Ludwig Roth, in the Champions League Final as I destroyed Atletico 4-1 to become the first human to win the Champions League (and the treble) in this game.

Key to my season was the leadership of Sirevag, the opening burst from Perez, the closing burst from Roth who finished with 30 goals(!), after scoring 10 in 6 in the most crucial games of the season, and finally, but most importantly, the superb creative talents of Gasperetti, in his first proper season with me after being loaned to Benfica, gaining 17 goals and 25 assists.

Transfers and second half fixtures

WcHEtYo.png

7rLM6nD.png

7yJZG71.png

X9mSLis.jpg

Ali - FC Twente

Fantastic 18th season in FM14 for my side as we picked up the Champions League, the Eredivisie title, Dutch Cup and the Dutch Super Cup. My side was on fire from the get-go building up a solid gap to Ryans Roda JC in 2nd, after only a few games. Our only loss of the season (in all competitions) came away to Ryan's Assistant. The Champions League was in interesting affair, after it appeared as though majority of my squad had taken an early holiday, with their 'conditioning' averaging around 70% on match-day. This didn't affect their performance however, as they hassled and harassed Arsenal into submission and I finally picked up the Champions League trophy third time of asking.

fceindhoven-14.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

Well its been an excellent albeit an indifferent start back in the top flight after last seasons promotion, finishing the week in the higher echelons of the league but I sit here thinking we could and maybe should be a few points better off. This is down to losing games against teams I think I should be beating or at least picking up points against in Telstar and NEC but on the plus side we have played 4 humans already and remain unbeaten after wins against Ryan and Davie and picking up a point versus Oli in the season opener and Arthurs De Graaf in the final game of the week.

In the Cup its been an easy passage for the 2nd string cruising into the fourth round where we come up against fellow Erie side Feyenoord.

Fixtures So Far

League.

fixsofar-1.png

Cup.

cupfixsofar.png

Finances

Even with bigger attendances than ever before bringing in much needed cold hard cash our finances are currently standing at insecure, which currently means we have a huge transfer budget of £46.00 and nothing significant for wages. If we continue losing money at this rate and we do somehow manage to qualify for Europe next season as things stand I doubt very much I will be able to participate due to FFP regulations.

finance1.png

finance2.png

FFP.

ffp.png

Transfers

Once again it was loans and frees in the summer window to bolster the squad and nobody leaving this time round.

summerwindow.png

Until Next Time......

14916582.png

An amazing start to the season has seen us lose just twice in our opening 12 games, and we lie in 2nd place, 2 points off top spot. We were able to loan wonderkid striker Pereira for free off our parent club Monaco, he's settled in nicely with 4 goals and 4 assists in 10 apps. Hakan Macit is, as always, our top performer, so far opening his account with 13 goals in 14 games across league and cup, 7 in 12 for the league. In the middle a graduate of our youth academy, Mario Hendriks, is establishing himself as a top footballer, getting called up and capped for the Dutch national team at 19, quickly followed by his first international goal. When congratulated for his first goal, he said he didn't care about the goal only the result, a true professional with 20 Teamwork and Work Rate.

Financially things are looking up, I was able to offload some failed youth developments for small fees, bundled with future sell on clauses. All money from transfers has been put back into the wage budget. After our great start to the season and after getting an untouchable job status, we asked the board to increase our wage budget, and although they initially refused, when I insisted they did agree. This has allowed me to extend contracts of key players who were running out this season, and were attracting some unwanted transfer attention. There are some players and staff who will be departing at the end of the season if not sooner, I think we will be in a much better financial situation after we lose some of the deadwood.

emmen-flag.png

So another season has begun... Last season was an absolute disaster for me and Emmen. So this season I need to bounce back, and bounce back quickly. So how have I started?

Well, our form has been a bit up and down... We didn't start great, and I was insecure and close to being fired... But for some weird reason, the board suddenly offered me a new contract and I became secure again... This seemed to spark something in the team, and the form drastically improved. We've currently won 6 in a row in the league, and we won the second Stage of Jupiler, meaning we've already secured PO!

1-14-09-14.png

2-14-09-14.png

So what's changed since last season, since we're now suddenly winning games? The big difference seems to be that the new defenders I brough in are a massive boost. Normally I'm one of the teams that conceede the most goals, but not this season. Now we're one of the teams who conceede the least goals. But we need to improve our scoring.

The ONE thing that I'm pretty unhappy about is that we lost in the cup to Ryan's reserves! After having beat AZ!

Davie-AZ Well sitting 17th it dont really look to good for me at the moment on top of the league position i got knocked out the cup from Fc Emmen (Jonas) my guess i have only 6/7 games to turn this round or i will be shown the door :(. I must say a big well done to De Graafschap (Arthur) i never thought in a million years he would be sitting 2nd in the table with that team :applause:.Now i must speak about heracles (Oliver) i do not know whats happened to them all of a sudden there in the bottom halve of the table having be in the top 6 for years i think the pressure might be getting to olli ;)

Jamie - FC Utrecht

Very poor start to the season losing the CL Playoff game and the league form hasn't been much better.

Part of the poor form has been the massive amount if injuries the team has been picking up but a lot has been mistakes at the back from young players that have had enough experience now and should be doing a lot better.

CVGO3ka.png

Tonight is make or break if things don't improve then I may have to re look at my tactics.

Stuart Willem

2uqku87.png

An outstanding week for me and my side 7 wins out of our first 7 games saw us into the playoffs and top of the league where we have stayed all season. A bad loss to Jonas is the only real bad point on whats been a very good week for us all.

Story So far

2qxsspl.png

As for the Summer window i did some good business and sold alot of crap for good money. I made just over 2m and the debt is now down and under control along with that monster wage bill that i have now cut in half.

IN AND OUTS

14b0rc4.png

Well that you upto date. I start off tonight with a big game against the team in 2nd. Lets AVE IT!!

roda-jc2.jpg

The Hangover. Season Review 2030/31

This season saw us start poorly and continue in pretty indifferent form throughout the season, meaning we surrendered our domestic titles limply, in pretty poor fashion. In the Champions League at least we seemed to put up a fight, but I was not present for the second leg of my semi-final with Ali and Twente, and lost out. On the positive side, we seemed to be over the very worst of our financial troubles, and have also signed Rick Giusti, likely the be the world's leading defender in a few years.

Transfers In

ReNmvEf.png

Transfers Out

8UCGFfQ.png

Matches

JM5JTus.png

MOTY

Another season is over, lads!

This season saw several good performances…

Let's start with Jupiler! Stu dominated Jupiler throughout the season and convincingly won the league, while I won promotion through PO… So for the first time in a while, we saw 2 teams get promoted from Jupiler, but for the second season in a row, a human manager dominated the league, with Andy dominating it the previous season.

In the cup, we saw Andy's newly promoted FC Eindhoven go all the way to win the final and secure the trophy, while he also went all the way to a 5th spot in Eredivisie following his promotion - which is extremely well done!

Elsewhere in Eredivisie we saw Ryan just barely losing out on the league and Arthur securing an impressive 3rd spot!

So, with several great performances, with probably Andy and Stu leading, there was plenty of reasons to vote for lots of people…

In the end, Andy wound up winning MOTY 31/32 ahead of Stu with Arthur taking 3rd just ahead of myself…

Screenshot-2014-09-29-18.14.50.png

Screenshot-2014-09-29-18.15.07.png

Screenshot-2014-09-29-18.15.26.png

fceindhoven-16.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

Dutch Cup

Ill start with the Cup as I've finally won it at the 3rd attempt after beating NAC 7-6 on penalties after a hard fought match, which needed Dante Pomponi the semi final hero to score an extra time equalizer direct from a free kick to send the tie to a penalty shoot-out.

Cup Final Highlights -

Cup Run & Reaction

cuprun.png

CUPBOARD.png

cupeuro.png

CUPWIN.png

FANSCUP.png

League

rechigh.png

Our best ever finish this season with 5th place in this our first season back after promotion and just out of reach of a Champion League place, this was due to picking up only 8pts in our final 7 games. After 3 goalless draws, two 2-2 draws and victory it came down to the final game of the season with either myself or PSV grabbing that final CL spot. All we had to do was match PSV's result but things went pear shaped for us succumbing to a 3-0 beating away at Groningen. This allowed PSV to sneak home by 1pt after they held on to draw with Heracles.

Finances

With the team being successful on the pitch and with the bigger stadium for the first time in the Eredivisie it has brought in much needed cash in gate receipts and prize money. This has enabled us to turn around a projected balance of -£18M in to a healthy (for me anyway) +£20M which was much needed, so will the new sponsorship deals which will bring in 4x more income than the previous deals and this will make sure we can participate in Europe next season.

FFP.png

TAX.png

SPONSORS.png

Until Next Time.........

Davie -AZ Well it happened i went down in the playoffs to Fc emmen (jonas) i did in fact lose my job before that but i have took over again in the juplier division with the squad i have i should come straight back up as the champions if i dont get a good start the board will get rid of me i guess .I dont have a clue how de graafschap (arthur) finished 3rd and fc eindhoven (andy) winning the cup and getting 5th in the league after he just came up :eek:

14916582.png

A fairytale season saw us retain our form for most of the season and break all sorts of club records along the way. We were able to finish 3rd, the highest Eredivisie finish in De Graaf's history (7th previously), which also includes a stint in the Champions League next season, another first for the club getting to Europe. AS Monaco's Pereira was magnificent in helping us achieve this, the on-loan striker banging in 22 goals for us and finishing 2nd top scorer in the league and also picking up the Dutch Young Player of the Year award as well.

Our money crisis seems to have calmed down for now, prize money from our finishing position plus a new sponsorship deal has put us in the black. We will still try to free up the wage budget further and hopefully bring some transfer fees in this season. We have been given a transfer budget for the first time in my 4 seasons at De Graaf! A massive 1.6M is available for us to play around with. I will most likely put that money into the wage budget and try to pick someone up for free instead.

For the coming season I am hoping for a top half finish, I will be happy with Euro Playoffs. Automatic qualification would be nice, but we won't overreach with our expectations.

emmen-flag.png

So, the season is over, and it was certainly better than last season! There were both positives and negatives.

So let's start with the negatives… The team scored a bit too few goals compared to how we normally perform, and we went out in the cup to Ryan's reserves - after having beaten AZ!

And the positives… We won promotion! We secured PO fairly early, and had the rest of the season to work on the tactics… This meant a 4th place and second round PO… In the final we once again went up against AZ, where we managed to get a draw and a win…! One of the main reasons for the turnaround this season, is that our defence was one of the best in the league - where we usually are one of the worst...

So now that we are once again back in the top league, I need to find a new GK to improve my weakest position…

Screenshot-2014-09-22 19.15.04.png

Screenshot-2014-09-22 19.15.25.png

Screenshot-2014-09-22 19.15.41.png

The season had been going well, in terms of position, but had Ali been around and in last season's form, I would have lost the title by Christmas. As it was, his old side were drawing huge amounts of games, so, almost undeservedly, I was leading the championship by 5 points with 5 games to go. However, I then had to be absent from the game, leaving it to my normally trusty assistant manager, and he promptly blew it, with 2 losses and a draw in 5 matches, and got us knocked out of the Champions League at the quarter final stage. We lost the title by one point, one less goal conceded or one more scored versus Vitesse would have got it for us.

We struggled with strikers all season, at one point my team missed 17 clear cuts in a row. As a result, Perez and Radivojevic have been moved on for circa £40m, and I brought in Manov from Jamie's old side, as a cheap stop gap until I could pick up some quality, which I have done this summer, with Paulo Baltazar. I am also looking to improve my midfield, buying back a youth product of mine Koos Otto, who I sold for £5m two years previously, for £16m. This may seem like I have wasted my money, but he wouldn;t have got as good as he had at my club, as he wouldn't have got the games, and we were in dire need of the cash at the time.

With Giusti blossoming, and new signing Zelaya looking good at LB, the defence loks strong, and Didier Simon may finally be ready to make the DM position his own, after 6 seasons with the club. I am optimistic we will win the title this season, as long as we can score consistently.

Well the bad news I didn't reach the playoffs but the good news I did have a drastic improvement in form so I'm still employed! Had a very good run which while I was way too far back to realisticly challenge I at least made a go of it. Now to assemble a team and bang my head uselessly against the wall once more.

Joe-VVV

Archived